Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA cup next round

Mounts Kipper

16 minutes ago, MickyD said:

What % of an away game would we get compared with a full Reebok Macron UoB Stadium?

If we drew ManU away would it be financially better for us than ManU at home?

45% each with 10% to FA. Seems unfair to me as surely the operating costs should be deducted from this thus this figure being a share of net receipts?

it is net

Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) In replayed matches in the Competition Proper prior to the Third Round, 5% of the net gate receipts shall be remitted to The Association and the balance shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) Save for (d) in matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth Rounds and Quarter-Final of the Competition Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
45% to each Club competing in the match.
10% to the Pool.
(iv) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth and Fifth Rounds of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
5% to The Association. 42.5% to each Club. 10% to the Pool.

Edited by Escobarp

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, MickyD said:

What % of an away game would we get compared with a full Reebok Macron UoB Stadium?

If we drew ManU away would it be financially better for us than ManU at home?

Always away if were wanting to cash in

We probably wouldn't sell out or even get above 22k-ish whoever we get so I would have thought anyone away who can pull in 25-30k plus is miles better financially than a home game

• Site Supporter
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

We wouldn’t make much from playing City though, prices started at £10 a ticket for today. 

Can only go below £15 with the agreement of both teams (and probably the FA) so it'd be £15 minimum.

Just now, MickyD said:

Can only go below £15 with the agreement of both teams (and probably the FA) so it'd be £15 minimum.

Oh yeah I’m not suggesting they’d necessarily go as low as that, but even for their League Cup semi final they’re only charging £15, whereas Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs would be £30+ which would make a massive difference in the scheme of things. 

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Oh yeah I’m not suggesting they’d necessarily go as low as that, but even for their League Cup semi final they’re only charging £15, whereas Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs would be £30+ which would make a massive difference in the scheme of things. 

Yeah fair point, United charged Reading £37 but reading subsidised some of it 

and didn’t we offer free travel to Liverpool in cup other year

nonr of that will happen with us now like 

Edited by radcliffe white

53 minutes ago, tomski said:

In fact I want the lowest ranked team at home please

That would be Barnet, who won at Bramall Lane today. Are you sure? Surely the best is a guaranteed jackpot with an outside chance of a win or replay on TV. Breaking OGS's winning streak would be nice.

5 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

That would be Barnet, who won at Bramall Lane today. Are you sure? Surely the best is a guaranteed jackpot with an outside chance of a win or replay on TV. Breaking OGS's winning streak would be nice.

Nope as a fan going as far as we can has to be best.