Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This joint statement from the Bolton Wanderers blogs...

Traf

1. Were WW asked to be a part of it?

2. Does it actually say/suggest anything of substance, other than "we're not happy" or "Boo, down with this sort of thing?"

The name of Bolton Wanderers has been dragged into the mud continuously in recent times.

This once proud football club has been subject to humiliation with winding up orders and failure to pay the wages of the players & staff.

The lives of non-footballing staff, as well as those who have moved to Bolton on the pretence of a long term career, have been messed about due the mismanagement of the club by Ken Anderson.

Considering all of this, we feel as if there is no other option than to organise a protest before, during & after the game against West Bromwich Albion on Monday 21st January.

In front of the Sky cameras, we need to voice our discontent.

This is our football club & we shouldn't stand idly bye and watch it disappear.

We have a long and proud 145 year history that needs to be preserved.

This is a call to arms. We need to take action to ensure that Bolton Wanderers football club is here to stay.

Enough is enough.

• Site Supporter

They certainly haven't asked me.

Whilst I understand the frustrations, they are basing a protest on a tweet from the chairman of Forest Green fucking Rovers.

I'm as worried as any fan should be about the situation, but acting like Charlton & Blackpool fans isn't the answer.

Plus, I don't play tennis because it's shit.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

1. Were WW asked to be a part of it?

2. Does it actually say/suggest anything of substance, other than "we're not happy" or "Boo, down with this sort of thing?"

I wouldn't have thought so. No.

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

What are they asking for? Ken - please sell up? Is that the protest? 

I don't really get what the aim would be. You cannot force an owner out. They leave when they want to - and how they want to. 

I think they actually want him to just walk away from the club.

5 minutes ago, famouswanderer said:

The question is - Is he asking too much for the club? Or is there just no fucker interested at all?

It is reported the cost is £25M. £20M to cover the debt and £5M for KA.

Even if Ken asked for nowt its still £20M to buy a business losing money. With no immediate prospect of break even. (You don't buy a business for £20M to cut costs drastically and hope you scrape by - Ken has already tried that but he spent nowt). 

It doesn't take much to see why it isn't selling.

It isn't reported anywhere that the cost is £25m, as far as I'm aware, although I'm happy to see evidence to the contrary.

When they produced a brochure a good while ago to attract an investor, they said they valued the club at £25m.

There's a massive difference between self-valuation and actual sale price. 

I remember a protest at Swindon away, they wanted the board to resign about the lack of funding and as i was walking past the mob i noticed one in a DMB top.  I told him, in a very loud voice, he was a hypocrite and partly to blame for his clubs demise.  

Bedsheet brigade is just gonna put off any potential buyers, theyll be doing more damage than good and actually probably prolong tbe stay of the Andersons.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

It isn't reported anywhere that the cost is £25m, as far as I'm aware, although I'm happy to see evidence to the contrary.

When they produced a brochure a good while ago to attract an investor, they said they valued the club at £25m.

There's a massive difference between self-valuation and actual sale price. 

Believe the "sales brochure" that leaked had that price. Also think Ken broadly confirmed it (the debt part) at least in his Q&A.

He said the debt was £20M and that any buyer would have to prove they could finance that debt under EFL rules they'd need to prove they had that £20M. 

Some moonman on twitter is urging season ticket holders to take up there free ticket offer from WBA game and sell them on to lapsed supporters at a small price

Not really sure what that will achieve as a means of protest - if they want more people in to protest why not give them the tickets??

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

should make this game a touch more interesting, reckon I can convince some mates to come along for free now

Make sure you all stay downstairs for a pint for the 1st 10 minutes.

Protest by filling the tills

15 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Some moonman on twitter is urging season ticket holders to take up there free ticket offer from WBA game and sell them on to lapsed supporters at a small price

Not really sure what that will achieve as a means of protest - if they want more people in to protest why not give them the tickets??

Aside from that being an illegal practice, anyone managing to sell on tickets at a profit for this game (or indeed any game this season) should instantly get a job with the club’s commercial department!