Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This joint statement from the Bolton Wanderers blogs...

Traf

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

Anderson was disqualified from being a company director for eight years from October 12, 2005 for transgressions involving his firm Professional Sports International Ltd (PSI) plus seven other “previously failed companies.”

The disqualification notice states: “Mr Anderson diverted/sought to divert PSI’s funds by depositing them into a personal bank account in his own name and invoicing the name of another connected company.” It adds that he failed to deal with PSI’s VAT affairs and to co-operate with the administrative receiver.

Further to the uproar by some when Jonathon Disley was suggested as our saviour, it seems Disley's financial activities aren't too dissimilar to those of Sweaty Ken's.

The half empty ground, the shit football and the spasticals they normally interview around the ground for sky before the game will be embarrassing enough

then watch spazzy daz, Carr’s pastie on his chin, Chuck a tennis ball further behind him instead of on the pitch as part of some revolution? 

I’m fucking oooooot

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

The half empty ground, the shit football and the spasticals they normally interview around the ground for sky before the game will be embarrassing enough

then watch spazzy daz, Carr’s pastie on his chin, Chuck a tennis ball further behind him instead of on the pitch as part of some revolution? 

I’m fucking oooooot

This is exactly right and why any fucking protest isn't worth a shiny shite. We're all embarrassed ATM admitting we're Bolton fans and the world can see that we're not happy.  KA might be a cunt but he's not a stupid cunt. He knows that what he's doing isn't right, we all know it's not right. I don't want further embarrassment in front of the nation, we're already a laughing stock.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Further to the uproar by some when Jonathon Disley was suggested as our saviour, it seems Disley's financial activities aren't too dissimilar to those of Sweaty Ken's.

I think they outweigh them by far  Micky.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

It’s us now

Blackpool, Cov’, Charlton, Stockport, Grimsby, Tranmere, loads more that have been fucked 

Many, many more to come

And it’s a massive lottery with loser after loser

The game’s eating itself. Utterly depressing 

Exactly

there's probably another 20/30 clubs who are one season away from being on the brink.

the top few rarely seem to extend much sympathy.

17 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Go to Forest Green and buy a limited edition Forest Green Rovers BWFCST t-shirt. I bet it's woven from hemp as well.

Are people really doing that?

a new pathetic low

12 hours ago, Traf said:

I think most people were already aware of Ken's past.

I wasn't referring to his past. That''s described in the Times article that was posted following my post re. the Telegraph. This is the text of the Telegrraph article.

Forest Green Rovers to sue Bolton Wanderers for breach of contract over Christian Doidge transfer saga

7 JANUARY 2019 • 6:15PM

The chairman of Forest Green Rovers has launched a scathing attack on Bolton Wanderers owner Ken Anderson and vowed to sue the embattled Championship club for alleged breach of contract over the collapse of the transfer of striker Christian Doidge.

Dale Vince said he was commencing legal proceedings against Bolton after claiming the club reneged on an obligation to buy Doidge for £1 million this month following a loan spell in which Forest Green ended up footing the bill for the player’s wages.

Bolton were due to pay Forest Green the first £250,000 instalment of the transfer fee on Jan 3 but pulled the plug on the deal after being placed under a registration embargo by the Football League (EFL), which prompted Doidge to return to the League Two club despite having agreed a three-year contract with the Championship side.

Vince said the EFL had agreed to reimburse Forest Green for Doidge’s wages from money that is due to Bolton this month, which the EFL confirmed on Monday. It is understood the sum, which Vince said Bolton had agreed to pay under the terms of the loan, is in excess of £30,000.

Bolton said in a statement on Monday that they were still hopeful of a “satisfactory resolution” over Doidge and said they were “disappointed” by a statement Forest Green had issued on Sunday night in which Vince condemned Anderson’s behaviour.

Chairman Dale Vince at the "New Lawn" as Forest Green Rovers begin their first season in the Football league Division 2
Forest Green Rovers chairman Dale Vince said he felt like his club had been 'fobbed off from the get go'  CREDIT: TOM PILSTON
But Vince insisted on Monday that there was “zero prospect” of the transfer being revived and renewed his attack on Anderson while reiterating his claims in his statement that he did not believe the Bolton owner had “the means” or “intention” to complete the deal for Doidge.

“The statement [from Bolton] made me laugh because it made me think of Theresa May still being hopeful of a satisfactory outcome with the European Union,” Vince told The Telegraph. “It’s not happening. We’re not in conversation any more, there’s no dialogue, there’s zero prospect.

“I feel like we have just been fobbed off from the get go. A lot of promises were made in August and a contract was entered into that I don’t think they had the means to honour, or the intention to actually.

“I just think it’s reckless behaviour. They had no care about their ability to pay or honour the contract and I just don’t think they had a genuine intention to see it through.

“We probably won’t need to go to court to reclaim the wages because the EFL … have promised already to pay the money we are owed for Christian’s wages from monies Bolton are due in January. We will sue Bolton for the breach of contract over the transfer - the first £250,000 was due to be paid last week. We will pursue them for that.”

Bolton were placed under a registration embargo last week because they have outstanding football creditors. It is understood Bolton still owe money to the Professional Footballers’ Association after borrowing cash from the union to pay the wages of football staff last month.

The Telegraph has also learned that Bolton owe money to Norwich City for missed payments relating to the loans of forward Yanic Wildschut and goalkeeper Remi Matthews.

It is understood Norwich are owed as much as £195,000 in loan fees and wages for the two players. Wildschut is on loan at Bolton until the end of the season but Matthews has returned to Norwich, even though he was expecting his short-term loan with Bolton to be turned into a permanent deal from this month after agreeing an 18-month contract with the Lancashire outfit. Norwich are now in the process of trying to find a new club for Matthews, who is out of contract at Carrow Road in June and has no future there.

Vince claimed he agreed a new transfer payment structure for Doidge over the telephone with Anderson last week only for the Bolton owner to renege on the arrangement the next day. “That was the breaking point,” said Vince, who added that the situation had had a “big impact” on Doidge.

It is believed the £1 million fee for Doidge was due to be paid in four instalments, with the second due in December, the third in December 2020 and the final payment in December 2021. Anderson and Bolton declined to comment on Vince’s accusations when contacted by the Telegraph.

Vince said he had spoken to Shaun Harvey, chief executive of the Football League, on Monday and been reassured that the governing body were treating the matter seriously. “He [Harvey] put a call into me,” Vince said. “He was keen to make sure he had all the facts and to let me know that they have been doing everything they could behind the scenes and are continuing to do that, which is really nice and good to hear.”

A spokesman for the EFL confirmed Forest Green would be reimbursed for the wages they paid to Doidge during his loan with Bolton. “The issue of non-payment of loan wages was only brought to the EFL’s attention for the first time at the end of last week and as such this has been the earliest opportunity the League has had to intervene,” the spokesman said. “The EFL will deduct any monies owed for the player’s wages from monies that would have otherwise been have paid to Bolton Wanderers.”

The EFL said they were also liaising with Bolton and Forest Green over their situation. “We were advised of the issue towards the end of last week and since that point have been seeking an appropriate solution that meets the requirements of our regulations. The problem has arisen as a result of Bolton Wanderers being placed under a registration embargo which wasn’t in place when both clubs entered into the initial loan agreement in August 2018. We remain in dialogue with both clubs.”

Anderson - who bought Bolton in 2016 along with former striker Dean Holdsworth, who has since left the club - is facing mounting opposition from the club’s fans. Bolton have avoided the threat of administration and winding up petitions in recent years but further challenges lie ahead. Anderson was given a £5 million bridging loan by Eddie Davies, shortly before the death of Bolton’s former owner in September, to pay off a £4.8 million loan to BluMarble, an Essex-based financial company. It is thought that loan is due to be repaid next month.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Havoc said:

I wasn't referring to his past. That''s described in the Times article that was posted following my post re. the Telegraph. This is the text of the Telegrraph article.

Forest Green Rovers to sue Bolton Wanderers for breach of contract over Christian Doidge transfer saga

7 JANUARY 2019 • 6:15PM

The chairman of Forest Green Rovers has launched a scathing attack on Bolton Wanderers owner Ken Anderson and vowed to sue the embattled Championship club for alleged breach of contract over the collapse of the transfer of striker Christian Doidge.

Dale Vince said he was commencing legal proceedings against Bolton after claiming the club reneged on an obligation to buy Doidge for £1 million this month following a loan spell in which Forest Green ended up footing the bill for the player’s wages.

Bolton were due to pay Forest Green the first £250,000 instalment of the transfer fee on Jan 3 but pulled the plug on the deal after being placed under a registration embargo by the Football League (EFL), which prompted Doidge to return to the League Two club despite having agreed a three-year contract with the Championship side.

Vince said the EFL had agreed to reimburse Forest Green for Doidge’s wages from money that is due to Bolton this month, which the EFL confirmed on Monday. It is understood the sum, which Vince said Bolton had agreed to pay under the terms of the loan, is in excess of £30,000.

Bolton said in a statement on Monday that they were still hopeful of a “satisfactory resolution” over Doidge and said they were “disappointed” by a statement Forest Green had issued on Sunday night in which Vince condemned Anderson’s behaviour.

Chairman Dale Vince at the "New Lawn" as Forest Green Rovers begin their first season in the Football league Division 2
Forest Green Rovers chairman Dale Vince said he felt like his club had been 'fobbed off from the get go'  CREDIT: TOM PILSTON
But Vince insisted on Monday that there was “zero prospect” of the transfer being revived and renewed his attack on Anderson while reiterating his claims in his statement that he did not believe the Bolton owner had “the means” or “intention” to complete the deal for Doidge.

“The statement [from Bolton] made me laugh because it made me think of Theresa May still being hopeful of a satisfactory outcome with the European Union,” Vince told The Telegraph. “It’s not happening. We’re not in conversation any more, there’s no dialogue, there’s zero prospect.

“I feel like we have just been fobbed off from the get go. A lot of promises were made in August and a contract was entered into that I don’t think they had the means to honour, or the intention to actually.

“I just think it’s reckless behaviour. They had no care about their ability to pay or honour the contract and I just don’t think they had a genuine intention to see it through.

“We probably won’t need to go to court to reclaim the wages because the EFL … have promised already to pay the money we are owed for Christian’s wages from monies Bolton are due in January. We will sue Bolton for the breach of contract over the transfer - the first £250,000 was due to be paid last week. We will pursue them for that.”

Bolton were placed under a registration embargo last week because they have outstanding football creditors. It is understood Bolton still owe money to the Professional Footballers’ Association after borrowing cash from the union to pay the wages of football staff last month.

The Telegraph has also learned that Bolton owe money to Norwich City for missed payments relating to the loans of forward Yanic Wildschut and goalkeeper Remi Matthews.

It is understood Norwich are owed as much as £195,000 in loan fees and wages for the two players. Wildschut is on loan at Bolton until the end of the season but Matthews has returned to Norwich, even though he was expecting his short-term loan with Bolton to be turned into a permanent deal from this month after agreeing an 18-month contract with the Lancashire outfit. Norwich are now in the process of trying to find a new club for Matthews, who is out of contract at Carrow Road in June and has no future there.

Vince claimed he agreed a new transfer payment structure for Doidge over the telephone with Anderson last week only for the Bolton owner to renege on the arrangement the next day. “That was the breaking point,” said Vince, who added that the situation had had a “big impact” on Doidge.

It is believed the £1 million fee for Doidge was due to be paid in four instalments, with the second due in December, the third in December 2020 and the final payment in December 2021. Anderson and Bolton declined to comment on Vince’s accusations when contacted by the Telegraph.

Vince said he had spoken to Shaun Harvey, chief executive of the Football League, on Monday and been reassured that the governing body were treating the matter seriously. “He [Harvey] put a call into me,” Vince said. “He was keen to make sure he had all the facts and to let me know that they have been doing everything they could behind the scenes and are continuing to do that, which is really nice and good to hear.”

A spokesman for the EFL confirmed Forest Green would be reimbursed for the wages they paid to Doidge during his loan with Bolton. “The issue of non-payment of loan wages was only brought to the EFL’s attention for the first time at the end of last week and as such this has been the earliest opportunity the League has had to intervene,” the spokesman said. “The EFL will deduct any monies owed for the player’s wages from monies that would have otherwise been have paid to Bolton Wanderers.”

The EFL said they were also liaising with Bolton and Forest Green over their situation. “We were advised of the issue towards the end of last week and since that point have been seeking an appropriate solution that meets the requirements of our regulations. The problem has arisen as a result of Bolton Wanderers being placed under a registration embargo which wasn’t in place when both clubs entered into the initial loan agreement in August 2018. We remain in dialogue with both clubs.”

Anderson - who bought Bolton in 2016 along with former striker Dean Holdsworth, who has since left the club - is facing mounting opposition from the club’s fans. Bolton have avoided the threat of administration and winding up petitions in recent years but further challenges lie ahead. Anderson was given a £5 million bridging loan by Eddie Davies, shortly before the death of Bolton’s former owner in September, to pay off a £4.8 million loan to BluMarble, an Essex-based financial company. It is thought that loan is due to be repaid next month.

so, am i right that all we owe will be settled from the EFL payment?

its hardly the end of the world, is it

now, onto HMRC

On 08/01/2019 at 08:47, Havoc said:

I wasn't referring to his past. That''s described in the Times article that was posted following my post re. the Telegraph.

No need to quote entire articles, we're all quite capable of clicking a link to read it if we wanted to.
Once again, it's old news already mentioned on this site earlier.

Edited by Traf

7pm - Get Yourself to Nat's Statue

That is the meeting point. At 7:15pm there will be a peaceful (but hopefully noisy) lap of the outside of the ground for all taking part, congregating eventually outside the front doors of the stadium where the singing and chanting will continue. We believe Ken is not going to be there but we want to make such a noise regardless to allow ourselves to be heard.

8pm - Kick Off

What is important to remember is that we are there to support the team. The game should ideally not be disrupted in any way.

Regardless of the off-field mess, the lads need our backing and they should receive that without question. Support the lads with a party atmosphere resembling something from the Premier League days. Old school chants, ex-player tributes, whatever you feel appropriate, bring the noise the lads deserve. These players have played for us without the guarantee of when their next wage will come - we have a duty to let them know that we're behind them whatever may happen in the weeks and months to come.

58th minute

With the number 58 so ingrained in our club's history it will be at this moment that fans are encouraged to leave the ground to show their displeasure at the way that Anderson has treated not only the players but also the backroom staff, the office staff and everyone else who has been left wondering whether they'll be able to pay the bills on time.

The idea is not to dwell on the concourse or return to the stands, but to leave and have the Sky cameras show the swathes of empty seats whenever they pan to the crowd, emphasising the size of this movement.

We may not be able to force Ken Anderson into selling the club but what has become abundantly clear in the last few days is that enough is enough and we are not prepared to stand back and allow this to continue. The chairman might openly admit that he 'doesn't care' about what happens to the club, but we do. We were there before him, and we'll be here long after he's gone.

Give your money then miss a third of the game. Fucking superb idea that.

Edited by matty2094

• Site Supporter

What a well thought out protest. I for one will be having a beer at 7.15 and staying until the end unless we're getting trounced. Ken won't even be there - brilliant.

Judging by his notes, he will be at Bristol - why don't we take 3000 down and give him both barrels there instead? Oh, that means going out of your way I suppose