Jump to content
Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Traf

This joint statement from the Bolton Wanderers blogs...

Recommended Posts

Also, I suspect people are reveling in the exposure, which is all they really want. Clickbait dickheads in it for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carlos said:

Also, I suspect people are reveling in the exposure, which is all they really want. Clickbait dickheads in it for themselves.

Is probably very true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly representative then.....

The following is a joint statement, posted on behalf of Burnden Aces, Lion of Vienna Suite, Trotters Blog, The Burnden Way and fans of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some in this world who shouldn’t be allowed near social media. Hi-viz vest protest. Dear me........

 

First10OnTheConcourse & #TennisBallsOn58 are gaining some traction on Twitter.

I think the hi-viz vest thing is a good idea too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this Revolutionary Consortium had come to WW cap in hand asking to join with them, what would the response have been? 

I'm interested to see what happens, I'll be away for the game, not sure whether that's a good or bad thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I did launch a paper aeroplane last time. Unfortunately few others joined in as the city fans took the piss.

Won't be chucking any tennis balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

If this Revolutionary Consortium had come to WW cap in hand asking to join with them, what would the response have been? 

 

speaking for myself, if they could guarantee Ken would tell us all we can be told id be all for it

fact is they cant

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sports direct on middlebrook are ordering more tennis balls 

Ken's doing a deal on a Half season ticket and you get a pack of 3 tennis balls free, upper tier only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

If this Revolutionary Consortium had come to WW cap in hand asking to join with them, what would the response have been? 

I'm interested to see what happens, I'll be away for the game, not sure whether that's a good or bad thing...

not sure, but think the first question has to be 'what do you want the protect to achieve?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlos said:

WW weren't asked, as far as I know. It appears to just be a load of people on Twitter. A joke.

I confirm that Bolton Nuts were not asked either.

I note that one of the more obscure sites in their alliance state that it's there objective to get the game abandoned!

That's certainly going to be helpful to the club!

:blink:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"In front of sky cameras" 

Tennis balls 

Even more empty seats 

 

Cringing hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ani said:

not sure, but think the first question has to be 'what do you want the protect to achieve?'

I'd agree with that, and partially with Casino too but then nothing can be guaranteed about anything with all this. To do nothing, have no reaction at all to all this at the next home game would reflect worse on the fans, in my opinion, we'd come across as dead, pushovers.

That's not to say I agree with a 10 minute boycott (would it really look any different than normal?) And I thought the statement seemed a bit poorly written for a call to arms but that's just me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the sentiments of the protest completely. Way to easy to shoot them down and sit on the internet moaning. I just hope they can pull something together and it's good. I've no idea if it will. Should put bums on seats as well for WBA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ken and Lee have shown pretty regularly that they have a thin skin when it comes to criticism (moreso than say the Oyston's, who live for it). So I can see why people want to embarrass him on TV, but the whole situation is so inescapably embarrassing that it'll get lots of coverage on the broadcast anyway. Better to stay at home than have four different tin-pot protests going on.

That said, Mavis from the WSL bringing a halt to the game by chucking tennis balls on the pitch, while pundit Keith Andrews talks about our financial demise, would sum up the current state of the club quite well I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Ken and Lee have shown pretty regularly that they have a thin skin when it comes to criticism (moreso than say the Oyston's, who live for it). So I can see why people want to embarrass him on TV, but the whole situation is so inescapably embarrassing that it'll get lots of coverage on the broadcast anyway. Better to stay at home than have four different tin-pot protests going on.

That said, Mavis from the WSL bringing a halt to the game by chucking tennis balls on the pitch, while pundit Keith Andrews talks about our financial demise, would sum up the current state of the club quite well I think.

Mark Davies is coming? Is he fit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Keith Andrews; same initials as our Ken.

Two cunts for the price of one.

what't the pirce though - one of them cost us £1.5M over 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tomski said:

Agree with the sentiments of the protest completely. Way to easy to shoot them down and sit on the internet moaning. I just hope they can pull something together and it's good. I've no idea if it will. Should put bums on seats as well for WBA

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the walk out is the best shout I've seen so far. No issues with people getting banned/lifted and will be very visible to cameras. A point made by somebody on here. Say 60th minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, great idea

i wont need to move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unless we are 3 down by which time the ground will be fcuking empty anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Im not travelling 4 hour round trip on a monday night to not watch the full game. 

 

Edit- Unless like stated above we are 3 down :D

Edited by famouswanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm bringing two mates - one a fan who hasn't been in ages, the other not even Bolton

this all makes it interesting for them at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.