Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Traf

This joint statement from the Bolton Wanderers blogs...

What a well thought out protest. I for one will be having a beer at 7.15 and staying until the end unless we're getting trounced. Ken won't even be there - brilliant.

Judging by his notes, he will be at Bristol - why don't we take 3000 down and give him both barrels there instead? Oh, that means going out of your way I suppose

4 minutes ago, Happy Wanderer said:

Who is the main person(s) behind all this anyway?

I was wondering the same. My guess is someone who is about 15 years old.

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

What a well thought out protest. I for one will be having a beer at 7.15 and staying until the end unless we're getting trounced. Ken won't even be there - brilliant.

Judging by his notes, he will be at Bristol - why don't we take 3000 down and give him both barrels there instead? Oh, that means going out of your way I suppose

Bristol's too far, mate. It's almost 30 miles further than FGR...

Crap protest. The ultimate protest as always is to simply not attend. Or instead travel to the ground but not enter and remain outside throughout. This firstly hits these people in the only place that they feel pain and secondly shows solidarity.

People will say this hurts the club and doesn't support the team. Maybe but unfortunately in these situations......you cant do both.

Edited by SimonT

We have shit fans who couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

Protesting at a game that nobody has paid money to see.

Aye ken is really going to lose sleep 

give free tickets out to people who won’t come again and there stupid enough to buy drinks and food then fuck off at 58mins 

The best protest I've seen was at Athletico Madrid. The singing end just split down the middle and went either side of centre. They still supported their team but the TV cameras ensured their protest lasted the whole game.
If everyone in the ESL did that and just filled all the empty seats, ensuring as many central blocks as possible remained empty then Sky TV will show it happen, (in the 58th minute if that's what makes folk tick).

12 minutes ago, Horwich said:

We have shit fans who couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

This is very true

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The best protest I've seen was at Athletico Madrid. The singing end just split down the middle and went either side of centre. They still supported their team but the TV cameras ensured their protest lasted the whole game.
If everyone in the ESL did that and just filled all the empty seats, ensuring as many central blocks as possible remained empty then Sky TV will show it happen, (in the 58th minute if that's what makes folk tick).

The best you'll get at Bolton is a handful of clowns singing "sack the board, sack the board..."

or Fuck the Andersons, at which point Sky turn the volume off

34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Now that's a proper clever protest.... who's organising it?

I am already in the ESL and level with the edge of the 6 yard box, so i don't need to move :D

I'll be in WSL and may video it. But then again, I may not. Who really gives a shit?

They'll be walking out at a time when a large section of the ESL won't have even taken their seats!

The only people I hate more than the Andersons are the fucking Judean Peoples Front .....

Be just like that

i think i might pop down for a grey marl audit

24 minutes ago, snowball said:

The only people I hate more than the Andersons are the fucking Judean Peoples Front .....

Be just like that

People's Front of Judea. Just saying.

12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

People's Front of Judea. Just saying.

Fuck off. We are the People's Front of Judea.

Looks like the planned demonstration is going tits up looking on twitter. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind. Even thogdad has waded in getting a lot of shit for his trouble. Wake me up when it's all over :lazy:

The days of protesting en-masse with placards are gone, nobody takes any notice and shag all gets done, if you are doing one, make sure it has an impact. e.g. Japanese bus drivers protested about their working conditions by NOT going on strike and instead driving their buses as normal and picking the passengers up, but they didn't take any money off them, this hit the bus company in fuel, wear & tear on the buses and income. 

I know it's a different industry but the principles should remain the same, the only way to protest is by hitting the company or organisation you are protesting about in their pocket, and the only way fans can do this is by not buying match tickets (although season tickets pose a problem), merchandise and food/drink, unfortunately the club have no money anyway, fans are dwindling because of the crap football served up and so any protest on that score are not going to have an impact.

It seems apathy is the only way for the time being, because it seems or its pretty obvious that Sweaty Ken doesn't give a fcuk and he will be gone anyway sooner or later, and the fans will still be here.........hopefully!

By the way i ain't protesting, i'm gonna turn up and sit in my seat and cheer if we hopefully score, if we lose? i will walk out quietly and pop to the pub because it's 'on the booze win or lose', and there is absolutely shag all we can do about the situation until something changes owner wise at the club.

Do i care? yes i damn well do, i was there in the 4th Division glory days (sarcasm) and i will be there throughout these dark days, but Bolton Wanderers will rise again, it's swings and roundabouts and we aren't the first club to suffer these troubles, i.e. Leeds, Southampton etc... although it may be a while.

I ain't ever gonna get rid of those golf balls!

Edited by Mr Grey

Another announcement due in 10 minutes 

So SJM is to join the lap around stadium but the mass walk out on 58 is cancelled

The mass walk out will definately happen (only if we are losing by 2 or more goals).