Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Utd away

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Fucking budget. Got fuck all to do with it.

if we had an extra £11m on our budget it’d just mean we had a keeper worth £1m more lumping the ball 80 yard. 2 holding midfielders worth an extra £2m staying our side of half way and playing Square and backward passes. And a striker worth a million quid not seeing the ball anywhere other than 6 feet above his head for 90 mins

how PP sets his team out to play isn’t because they’re worth fuck all it’s because it’s all he knows 

Have a +1 sir.

On the first goal one could argue that some refs might have given a foul for the body check on Hobbs. However, no ref will give a foul if you don't feckin ask for one! The response to it was pathetic 

3 hours ago, burnden said:

Reading , Rotherham both got a point and ipswich were unlucky to lose (goal 90+) ...They are all battling , we aren't.

Hang on, we all saw how crap reading were, didn't deserve the pen & couldn't even stop us scoring. 2nd best v villa at home. Millwall couldn't score against Rotherham, and we know how bad they are. Ipswich lost at home in 90th minute to a poor side, if that was it would be evidence of how we aren't battling. The players are battling, but the 10 outfield players PP picks are worse than everyone above Wigan. ( We haven't lost to a bottom 7 side yet).

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Doesn’t want to, or doesn’t have it to invest?

was it Ken that made him not start a striker since he got a hat-trick and replace him with a player who hasn’t scored in a season’s worth championship games?

He started at Bristol, fwiw

58 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Fucking budget. Got fuck all to do with it.

if we had an extra £11m on our budget it’d just mean we had a keeper worth £1m more lumping the ball 80 yard. 2 holding midfielders worth an extra £2m staying our side of half way and playing Square and backward passes. And a striker worth a million quid not seeing the ball anywhere other than 6 feet above his head for 90 mins

how PP sets his team out to play isn’t because they’re worth fuck all it’s because it’s all he knows 

Spot on. The really annoying thing is that outsiders think PP has done a good job against all the odds. No, he's crap with no money, and he's the same with £100 million. He's another Pulis, Hughes, Morinho, but worse.

Just now, burnden said:

He's a professional footballer ffs .

He's a professional left back. He can't beat a man, shoot, kick with his right foot, cross a ball better than your average Sunday league player, Sprint faster than me and I'm so slow. But he gets 2 years of championship games.

28 minutes ago, LodgeMorrWhite said:

The team is so devoid of leaders on the pitch that a 17 yr old is our forlorn hope! He played well and put some of the others to shame 

He's a pointer like Nobby Nolan, he seems very confident  and actually wants the ball, also fairly vocal.

Not sure if one or two of our senior players are too keen on being told what to do by a 17 year old kid.

Fair fucks to him.

You have to look at who is signing these players. There will be lots of money for agents and the like. The amount of shít footballers that this club signs. So many footballers that are not footballers. If these footballers are on loan, then thats fine, but if the club has paid a lot of money for them, then it is dodgy ( I dont follow them like I used to so I dont know who has paid what for who ).

3 minutes ago, overseas said:

When you are truly familiar with business, and business people, you know what the reasons are for people investing in a business.

Err probably to make a profit would be my guess - after spending over 30 years in business myself.

But what do i know :unknw:

Edited by Burndens Bogs

38 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Err probably to make a profit would be my guess - after spending over 30 years in business.

I am not running a School.  Business is not a nice place.

I am only on about all these shít players they keep signing. And I am ignorant of how much they have paid for whom etc, if they are on loan then its fine, but if a lot of money has been paid then its crazy. Thats all.

Edited by overseas