Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Baronesses coments

roybarker

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do you think that they may be in a position to genuinely make a positive impact on the situation?

I'm not looking to gripe at all, as anyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just that nothing changes.

Could they possibly be in a position to get genuine high worth folk together for example, maybe to look at a takeover.

Just chucking it out there, as the only way to get Ken away is to have a group or individual genuinely interested in buying him out.

I aint got a clue, i only know about her knowledge of our club which impressed me

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Vernon seems to be into American football now according to his social media

He's always been more into American football, but he's always been a Bolton fan

He was more involved during the PL days because he was pally with Gartside who loved him and got him involved with the club whenever he could, including getting advice from his American footy team on recruiting and coaching kids (they even employed one of their coaches after he recommended them)

He probably couldn't name most of our players these days and he goes watching more NFL and rugby than Bolton, bet he's definitely not some closet utd fan

3 hours ago, darrener said:

All this talk of demonstration surely the best demonstration we could show the football world is our show of support for bolton wanderers, there is a good offer on for the wba game so there's no excuse for not getting down on the night. I've got 4 season tickets I'll get 4 tickets for the game 2 adults 2 kids anyway who can use them let me know and you can have them. Let's all turn up and show any prospective owner what this clubs all about. Everyone has a part to play Iles and the Ben should be getting behind the club, that's bolton wanderers not Ken Anderson. Let's get behind the team from the first minute to the last anything after that is up to you. The players to be fair to them have consistently given 100% in most games so I would expect a good atmosphere would bring out the same. Parky needs to set up to win the game, 2 up top like the second half against Walsall, the players do have ability play to their strengths and let's have a go. If he doesn't agree then feel free to fuck off because a lot of the bad feelings and apathy is down to his style of play, if we get beat then so be it but let's have a go. Ken also needs to get real be realistic with the price for the club I don't begrudge him a earner but let's not be stupid. Plus the ticketing for the remaining games could and should be brought down to realistic levels, nobody his coming and I know he's done deals before which have been snubbed but I'm sure if the team started playing more on the front foot then maybe more would come. Anyway for me this is back to the walls stuff atm and if these idiots on twitter really do care about the club then here's your chance to prove it. We will only move forward by getting behind the club I'm sick of the apathy we need a bit of bulldog spirit which Nat tapped into the 80's with lifeline, his speech on the pitch at half time against Charlton (I think) will always live long with me. Ken will eventually be gone throwing tennis balls at him won't make a bit of difference hopefully bolton wanderers will be. 

Great post from a fellow Darrener.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

He's always been more into American football, but he's always been a Bolton fan

He was more involved during the PL days because he was pally with Gartside who loved him and got him involved with the club whenever he could, including getting advice from his American footy team on recruiting and coaching kids (they even employed one of their coaches after he recommended them)

He probably couldn't name most of our players these days and he goes watching more NFL and rugby than Bolton, bet he's definitely not some closet utd fan

think he was at spurs for the okocha show?

4 hours ago, darrener said:

All this talk of demonstration surely the best demonstration we could show the football world is our show of support for bolton wanderers, there is a good offer on for the wba game so there's no excuse for not getting down on the night. I've got 4 season tickets I'll get 4 tickets for the game 2 adults 2 kids anyway who can use them let me know and you can have them. Let's all turn up and show any prospective owner what this clubs all about. Everyone has a part to play Iles and the Ben should be getting behind the club, that's bolton wanderers not Ken Anderson. Let's get behind the team from the first minute to the last anything after that is up to you. The players to be fair to them have consistently given 100% in most games so I would expect a good atmosphere would bring out the same. Parky needs to set up to win the game, 2 up top like the second half against Walsall, the players do have ability play to their strengths and let's have a go. If he doesn't agree then feel free to fuck off because a lot of the bad feelings and apathy is down to his style of play, if we get beat then so be it but let's have a go. Ken also needs to get real be realistic with the price for the club I don't begrudge him a earner but let's not be stupid. Plus the ticketing for the remaining games could and should be brought down to realistic levels, nobody his coming and I know he's done deals before which have been snubbed but I'm sure if the team started playing more on the front foot then maybe more would come. Anyway for me this is back to the walls stuff atm and if these idiots on twitter really do care about the club then here's your chance to prove it. We will only move forward by getting behind the club I'm sick of the apathy we need a bit of bulldog spirit which Nat tapped into the 80's with lifeline, his speech on the pitch at half time against Charlton (I think) will always live long with me. Ken will eventually be gone throwing tennis balls at him won't make a bit of difference hopefully bolton wanderers will be. 

Well said, this is the kind of spirit we need.

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Yours, or his?

Mine.

No, his. Definitely his. Shit, that was close.

Anyway, when's the bloody thread title getting sorted. "Baronesses coments"? When we getting the missing M. Or U, come to think of it. Any chance of getting it sorted.

3 options if it helps - first two are quickest

1. Find an M and make it "Baronesses comments"

2. A U could work, "Baronesses come nuts"

3. Sack off the baronesses bit and go full blown "People you've had a piss next to (called Tony Knowles)"

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, wakey said:

Mine.

No, his. Definitely his. Shit, that was close.

Anyway, when's the bloody thread title getting sorted. "Baronesses coments"? When we getting the missing M. Or U, come to think of it. Any chance of getting it sorted.

3 options if it helps - first two are quickest

1. Find an M and make it "Baronesses comments"

2. A U could work, "Baronesses come nuts"

3. Sack off the baronesses bit and go full blown "People you've had a piss next to (called Tony Knowles)"

You've gone a bit e2e4. :)

8 hours ago, darrener said:

Great post mate, but to be pedantic, Nat’s speech was against Shrewsbury when they drubbed us 4-1.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, darrener said:

All this talk of demonstration surely the best demonstration we could show the football world is our show of support for bolton wanderers, there is a good offer on for the wba game so there's no excuse for not getting down on the night. I've got 4 season tickets I'll get 4 tickets for the game 2 adults 2 kids anyway who can use them let me know and you can have them [1]. Let's all turn up and show any prospective owner what this clubs all about. Everyone has a part to play Iles and the Ben should be getting behind the club, that's bolton wanderers not Ken Anderson. Let's get behind the team from the first minute to the last anything after that is up to you. The players to be fair to them have consistently given 100% in most games [2} so I would expect a good atmosphere would bring out the same. Parky needs to set up to win the game, 2 up top like the second half against Walsall, the players do have ability play to their strengths and let's have a go. If he doesn't agree then feel free to fuck off because a lot of the bad feelings and apathy is down to his style of play, if we get beat then so be it but let's have a go. Ken also needs to get real be realistic with the price for the club I don't begrudge him a earner but let's not be stupid. Plus the ticketing for the remaining games could and should be brought down to realistic levels, nobody his coming and I know he's done deals before which have been snubbed but I'm sure if the team started playing more on the front foot then maybe more would come. Anyway for me this is back to the walls stuff atm and if these idiots on twitter really do care about the club then here's your chance to prove it. We will only move forward by getting behind the club I'm sick of the apathy we need a bit of bulldog spirit which Nat tapped into the 80's with lifeline, his speech on the pitch at half time against Charlton (I think) will always live long with me. Ken will eventually be gone throwing tennis balls at him won't make a bit of difference hopefully bolton wanderers will be. 

1. Great post but, to be critical, I'd rather you take mates with you who don't actually attend (or even support BWFC) Offering your four tickets to folk that might actually attend anyway isn't going to help in any way, shape or form.

2. I assume Hull City doesn't figure in 'most'

22 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Great post mate, but to be pedantic, Nat’s speech was against Shrewsbury when they drubbed us 4-1.

I had Charlton in my head but age takes its toll over the years, you know how it is anyway it was a rousing speech from sir Nat 

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

1. Great post but, to be critical, I'd rather you take mates with you who don't actually attend (or even support BWFC) Offering your four tickets to folk that might actually attend anyway isn't going to help in any way, shape or form.

2. I assume Hull City doesn't figure in 'most'

Struggling to get anyone interested over this way atm, I have someone in mind one of our crowd from way back, I saw him last Saturday and forgot to mention it to him. 

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm with you. Charlton.

Dunno how to confirm it though:iiam:

Back on December 11, 1982, Wanderers hosted Charlton Athletic at Burnden Park and were in a serious financial state.

John McGovern’s side won the game 4-1 to move up into 19th place in the old Division Two but it was what happened at the half-time interval that supporters still talk about to this very day.

Lofthouse strode on to the pitch to make an impassioned speech to the terraces, asking for people to dig deep and prevent the club from going under. He also marched out on to the car park on the Sunday morning to rally the troops before and after the game.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Back on December 11, 1982, Wanderers hosted Charlton Athletic at Burnden Park and were in a serious financial state.

John McGovern’s side won the game 4-1 to move up into 19th place in the old Division Two but it was what happened at the half-time interval that supporters still talk about to this very day.

Lofthouse strode on to the pitch to make an impassioned speech to the terraces, asking for people to dig deep and prevent the club from going under. He also marched out on to the car park on the Sunday morning to rally the troops before and after the game.

Was that when Alan Simonsen played for them?

19 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I thought it was Charlton, not totally lost it yet. 

It was definitely the Charlton game...it was 1-1 at half time, Nat did his Churchillian speech and we smashed em 3-0 in the second half... the day and game stands alongside Frankies 'that' goal' v Ipswich... Sams bullet header against Sunderland... Chelsea fans swapping ends with us as... Frankies winner against Utd and that guy who parachutted into the lever end halfway through the Arsanal game as 5 of the most unbelievable things I've ever witnessed at Burnden...

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, josh8 said:

It was definitely the Charlton game...it was 1-1 at half time, Nat did his Churchillian speech and we smashed em 3-0 in the second half... the day and game stands alongside Frankies 'that' goal' v Ipswich... Sams bullet header against Sunderland... Chelsea fans swapping ends with us as... Frankies winner against Utd and that guy who parachutted into the lever end halfway through the Arsanal game as 5 of the most unbelievable things I've ever witnessed at Burnden...

I saw you were about and im officially amazed this is the thread you posted on  :)

11 hours ago, josh8 said:

I realised reading the off off off thread how little I remember of matches from being a nipper. I'd have definitely been at the Fulham game, but can't remember anything about it. Still got grass from the pitch invasion v Fulham a couple of years later kicking around somewhere in an envelope with embarassing kiddie stuff written all over it ... "Peter Reid stood here", "Worthy is ace", that sort of stuff.

I was at all the ones you mention except the Arsenal game - think I saw it on telly, and fairly sure the same bloke tipped up at the boxing a few days later (or earlier).

I'd add a couple off the top of my head ... McDonaugh's goal v Burnley and Big Sam 'scoring' from about the half way line with a tackle that ballooned up in the air. Was disallowed for a foul, and in fairness the ref blew the whistle well before the ball actually bounced in.