Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is that it ?

embankment

So another round of matches has gone.

Another week of financial woes.

Another week of civil war between the club and local press.

Another week of being drip fed , bad news and fake news.

So is administratuon inevitable ?

So is relegation nailed on ?

Will a buyer be found ?

Will the manager be sacked or put on gardening leave.

Bloody Hell its tough being a Bolton fan .

It is a nightmare at the moment and the only thing i can see to give us a chance , is to make the management swap NOW.

Put Parky on leave . Bring in David Lee.

What happens behind the scenes cannot be influenced by protests against Ken Anderson.

All the fans can do is get 100% behind the players.

They need a strong leader they believe in , and i am afraid,  that is NOT Phil Parkinson .

At the moment there is also no alternative to Ken.

And i am on dry January.

Which doesn't help matters. No rose tinted specs.

COYWM.

49 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

“He deserves better”?

hmm

Easy to say if you haven’t watched the same dirge week in week out for the last 2 1/2 years

It's always the people with no connection with the club and have probably never seen a game who spout on about what a good job he's doing and how he deserves better. Come and sit in the cold week in and week out and then tell us how brilliant it is 

3 hours ago, Ani said:

The article says a lot but tells us nothing.

They don’t know what Parky does every week; it’s just very lazy and without substance.

I kinda get it, but it’s such a British thing to do to heap praise on the maligned underdog....they’re hardly gonna write about the dreadful decisions he makes weekly - the shocking man management, the pre-historic tactics, the consistently worst football any fan could witness wtc

Fuck the national press, Parky needs to go if we have even the slightest chance of survival  

No1 objective was staying up last season, it happened with the very last kick of the final game, euphoria for us all.   Wigan failed miserably after running away with 1st Div league title the season earlier, we did it with selling our two best strikers.  Wigan and Blackburn have invested in better quality after learning from mistakes, we’ve spent fuck all and kept our players waiting for their wages, hence the league table and as it stands.  Has he done a good job?, considering what he’s putting up with yes, he’s just trying to get the best out of the players available, and not many of them are at championship level, only a few points off getting out the bottom 3.

Relegation - inevitable 

Admin - probable 

buyer - possible 

I know strongly believe any potential buyer is waiting for the top two to happen, pick us up a pittance and start again in an easier league. What they won’t want is to buy a club at or around Ken’s asking price and within weeks / months it’s gone down. Not a great start to your ownership 

4 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

No1 objective was staying up last season, it happened with the very last kick of the final game, euphoria for us all.   Wigan failed miserably after running away with 1st Div league title the season earlier, we did it with selling our two best strikers.  Wigan and Blackburn have invested in better quality after learning from mistakes, we’ve spent fuck all and kept our players waiting for their wages, hence the league table and as it stands.  Has he done a good job?, considering what he’s putting up with yes, he’s just trying to get the best out of the players available, and not many of them are at championship level, only a few points off getting out the bottom 3.

How is dropping them and then bringing them in randomly 6 weeks later getting the best out of them?

• Site Supporter

Isn't that article referring to parky the man (manager), rather than parky the football coach.

Surely everyone would agree he has as stood strong during the crap he has had to deal with.

Of course he has made mistakes and continues to baffle us. And as for football coaching goes, I totally agree, he is really struggling.

I've nothing but respect for the bloke, so I would never call for his head. I firmly believe him, and Ken still actually do want bwfc to succeed. 

The problem still remains though, how would/could anyone be expected to do much better, under the circumstances. Plus the additional costs to remove and replace.

The off field problems do to not affect the decisions PP makes. 

They could definitely affect morale, work rate and application but considering we’ve all praised the team for the above recently it doesn’t really seem to be the case 

PP picks the side, the formation and our approach to games. He chooses to freeze out Little, remove Murphy from the squad from Sept - Jan, drop Oz in for a game then remove for 8. Play wingers on the opposite sides to where they should be playing, play 1 man up front, islolate that man by continuing to pump balls up to him with no support around him. He decides ALL of that. 

Not Ken, not the ST not HMRC. Him. And non of those other factors dictate his decisions. 

If the players weren’t putting a shift in then you could give him some sympathy. But they are so you can’t. 

I find it strange none of the players have challenged the way we play, it's making no one look good.

Do they really all sit there listening to the same tactics week after week after week, without thinking this is bollox??

I'm convinced that's why he let ALF go, as he seemed bit more nowty than the rest.

Instead of feeling sorry for PP, how's about the club being in turmoil has actually kept him in a job far longer than he has earnt the right to??

Edited by JimmyRiddle

26 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

They could definitely affect morale, work rate and application but considering we’ve all praised the team for the above recently it doesn’t really seem to be the case 

PP picks the side, the formation and our approach to games. He chooses to freeze out Little, remove Murphy from the squad from Sept - Jan, drop Oz in for a game then remove for 8. Play wingers on the opposite sides to where they should be playing, play 1 man up front, islolate that man by continuing to pump balls up to him with no support around him. He decides ALL of that. 

Not Ken, not the ST not HMRC. Him. And non of those other factors dictate his decisions. 

If the players weren’t putting a shift in then you could give him some sympathy. But they are so you can’t. 

Bang on

As for not calling for his head because he’s held dignity; we can’t afford wet thinking like that - football is a results business 

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

“He deserves better”?

hmm

Easy to say if you haven’t watched the same dirge week in week out for the last 2 1/2 years

These were my thoughts exactly. The comments beneath the main article on Twitter show such a vast difference of opinion; outsiders who can just treat all  this with a tut and a quick retweet think he's doing an incredible job, but these are people who don't actually have to watch us.

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

These were my thoughts exactly. The comments beneath the main article on Twitter show such a vast difference of opinion; outsiders who can just treat all  this with a tut and a quick retweet think he's doing an incredible job, but these are people who don't actually have to watch us.

Absolutely 

they ignore the minutae if the actual matches as if that’s not the important part anymore

A sad indictment of where football has gone

• Site Supporter

Some very good points made.

I doubt very much we’ll go under if I’m honest. Ken has kept us afloat by the skin of his shiny teeth and I expect he’ll continue to do so.

League one seems probable. If we have to spend a few years in the wilderness whilst steadying the ship then that’s fine. Like a lot on here, I started watching us in division 4 so it’s hardly the apocalypse is it?

• Site Supporter

In other news Tom Thorpe is 26. Tom currently plays for ATK in India.

Are the current crop much better than him? I would say they are, but only just.

Facts are, we just are not good enough. So we have to make it up with grit and determination, and some tactical nous. 

The first part is down to the players, the second to the manager. At times we lack both. And normally I would not accept any excuses for lack thereof, but again, circumstances have to allow leniancy unfortunately. 

If finances are ever sorted, then shit has improve massively on the pitch. Even without new players. I think we call all agree on that at least.

Edited by HomerJay

I think PP has conducted himself with complete dignity throughout his tenure here and as a man, I've massive respect for him.

Tactically, however, he's still very naive/one-dimensional. The players still seem happy enough with him, so maybe they respect/like him too as a man manger, which then leads to a suggestion that the coaching isn't right (we already know the tactics are wrong)

This group of players isn't very good, but on paper shouldn't be in the bottom four. I'd be looking at a new coach/tactician to assist PP before potting him right now.

That said, if bringing in help meant he he had to go, I'd not lose much sleep.  

4 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

4 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I find it strange none of the players have challenged the way we play, it's making no one look good.

Do they really all sit there listening to the same tactics week after week after week, without thinking this is bollox??

I'm convinced that's why he let ALF go, as he seemed bit more nowty than the rest.

Instead of feeling sorry for PP, how's about the club being in turmoil has actually kept him in a job far longer than he has earnt the right to??

These two posts are spot on

PP seems a reasonable man but he is a fucking shit football manager (might do well at B&Q) and if that idiot owner had any sense he would put him on garden leave and bring in someone to attempt to save us (thats going to be really hard now)

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL