Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WBA home

victor meldrew

Plenty of effort and that’s the most we’ve had in terms of possession and territory in a LONG time, just not enough quality when it matters. 

Just watching the analysis back now and we created enough chances to get something out of it. Noone put in a terrific ball second half that was crying out to be finished. 

One win in 18 

18 goals all season, 8 at home 

PP is the luckiest man in football to still be anywhere near the club. 

Yes we lack quality but no one can tell me someone, anyone, from inside or outside the club from any fucking division could not get more out of the squad than those stats

It’s impossible 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Plenty of effort and that’s the most we’ve had in terms of possession and territory in a LONG time, just not enough quality when it matters. 

Just watching the analysis back now and we created enough chances to get something out of it. Noone put in a terrific ball second half that was crying out to be finished. 

Agreed 

one of our top 5 performances this season.

noone best performance yet.

they hardly had a sniff 

O’Neil all over the park.

but legs went 65th min across front and we couldn’t maintain pressure on their defence.

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

One win in 18 

18 goals all season, 8 at home 

PP is the luckiest man in football to still be anywhere near the club. 

Yes we lack quality but no one can tell me someone, anyone, from inside or outside the club from any fucking division could not get more out of the squad than those stats

It’s impossible 

This is where i stand. Put Parkinson on gardening leave. Put David Lee and Tony Kelly or Jimmy Philips in charge.

We are already losing week in week out.

Just back from the game. Annoying thing about today is that we gave them both goals by basic errors by 2 experienced pros who should do better.

At the other end there was no one who had the desire to get on the end of things and make things happen in their box.

O'Neill was immense seeing as he had just come back from injury. Noone far more comfortable on that side. Ameobi should provide much more than that especially second half.

Seen much worse this season and we passed it better than for some time

No lack of effort but a lack of quality. Ameobi missing again, I still don't know what Murphy is, Magennis poor again when he came on.......Donaldson was better, & nice to see Pritchard get on.

Overall I can't see any combination from this squad keeping us up & with no money to buy better, it's looking a bit gloomy.

Just got back to Royton Riviera, cold and sodden. 

As good as anything I can remember from us at home for a good while, though it's all relative I know. We did enough to have got something out of the game, created a lot more situations than expected and had no luck. Ref was awful, far too easily managed by them, treatment of Donaldson was dreadful.

Couldn't fault the effort and commitment, just glaring lack of quality in their third our undoing again. They were nothing special and surprisingly easy for a team as bad as us to get through at times.

Big gripe was their first goal, aside from it being offside, it was a cheap free kick given away in a bad area then shocking defending at back post. A pathetic goal to give away.

We are sliding out of the division fast though, and will already be down by time we go to Blackburn. By time whichever of the latest two prospective new owners. KA  was reportedly talking to gets to conclude a deal he'll be buying a League 1 club