Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WBA home

victor meldrew

We're done, for me. Had numerous "taken in isolation" games where we've not been totally turned over but not had the quality to even scrape a point, but extended over a season added to some outright tonkings, it's just pure relegation fodder.

This time last season, even after Madine I still had hope. There was a bit of magic in Ameobi, a goal in ALF. Derby/Burton away killed that but we got some miraculous unforgettable luck to survive.

Went into close season with some optimism that we could build but it was based on unfounded belief we'd get investment and do away with the manager.

No such hope for me now, I don't see an ounce of quality in the squad, anywhere.

4 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Parkinson is a fucking coward of a manager, West Brom weren't great and if he had any nous of a good manager he'd have thrown 2 up top on the hour, but to go like for like showed his complete incompetence as a manager at this level, he is by far and away the worst manager at this level ever.

You maybe overreacting. We have had worse in Coyle and Dougie. Maybe even Lennon. 

• Site Supporter

i thought that was better than it has been, Noone, Murphy, O’Neill in particular looked decent. Now, after a season and a half before boring mourinho realises Noone is actually a left winger, it was crying out for big Josh up top to try and get on the end of these crosses.

That 2nd goal summed us up though, always likely to concede a shit goal while we don’t have enough going forward to score 1 let alone 2 most weeks.

Pritchard looked a tidy player when he came on too. Hope he’s back training with U23’s though before Parky knocks the attacking nous out of him

6 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Parkinson is a fucking coward of a manager, West Brom weren't great and if he had any nous of a good manager he'd have thrown 2 up top on the hour, but to go like for like showed his complete incompetence as a manager at this level, he is by far and away the worst manager at this level ever.

Yeah but money constraints blah blah blah. The mans an idiot. Donaldson on his own is similar to saying “fuck it”

The thing is last night wasn't great, but better than we have witnessed this season. 

But in fairness, WBA never really got out of 2nd gear and didn't need to.

Surely with half an hour to go, we should be sticking 2 up top and trying to get back in it - instead, we sub like for like and continue to amble along.

2 shite goals given away (we keep doing that) and another very easy night for the away team.

We are so used to crap - that most of us are brain washed into thinking it was better - end result - the same - defeat.

“Second half we restricted them to very little, got into some great positions ourselves. The second goal is just a moment of real final-third quality from them, which we know they possess.”

This is precisely why we will go back down with this idiot!......Phil.......they've got themselves in front, they don't HAVE to commit men......its NOT us restricting them!

The 2nd goal isn't "quality from them".....its just a fucking prod forward that nobody cut out!

This man is seriously deluded, and if people cannot / are unwilling to see this then I hope you enjoy 3rd tier football for the next 5 /10 years. I've been to the 5 - 0 Carlisle always in the 80's and am not sure I am willing to do it again.

It's bloody heart breaking!

There are top managers who are prepared to be flexible and adaptable, and open to new ideas and innovation. Then there are the (diminshing) breed of stubborn journeyman managers who won't vary from an approach and hawk it round club after club till they retire. 

Parkinson will get another job after this, on the sympathy he's cultivated. What would be interesting would be how he does in that one, if it isn't another fire fighting situation

47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Anybody else notice their big centre half seeking out the smallest Bolton player he could find to 'square up to during that 'melee' in the second half? Shithouse.

Also - whichever prick shouted 'fucking black coon' at their right winger first half wants banning.

Loads round us noticed the Egyptian picking on noone, what a soft arse. 

53 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Anybody else notice their big centre half seeking out the smallest Bolton player he could find to 'square up to during that 'melee' in the second half? Shithouse.

Also - whichever prick shouted 'fucking black coon' at their right winger first half wants banning.

Was Buckley hiding behind the referee?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, anthonyj said:

*Carlisle......not completely sure it was 5 - 0......but it was a night march and we got hammered! 

(Malcolm will soon tells us).

Yes, it was 5-0 - perhaps about 1983 time I suppose. We were going up to Scotland for a few days and stayed overnight in Carlisle to watch that crap

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Was it not a wood pigeon? 

I try and be positive however .......free kicks, corners and throw ins we look like a team that have just met. I do have sympathy about the quality we can afford so make up for it by working on these areas. We are awful at set plays. 

51 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yes, it was 5-0 - perhaps about 1983 time I suppose. We were going up to Scotland for a few days and stayed overnight in Carlisle to watch that crap

Cheers Dave....i remember getting home as a teenager at stupid o'clock and thinking I'll never go again......wish I had'nt (not really).