Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WBA home

victor meldrew

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

It was a lower level but it really was shite & not just one season either it went on for season after season ......we will have to agree to disagree on Mark Came.

Maybe an age thing, as kids things seem better, but for me the game was more honest back then. No science etc to back the players up like today, but can't remember any of the sheer negativity.

If t doesn't feel like we try to win games at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe an age thing, as kids things seem better, but for me the game was more honest back then. No science etc to back the players up like today, but can't remember any of the sheer negativity.

If t doesn't feel like we try to win games at the moment.

I can see what your saying but the fans stayed away in their thousands so it was  not that entertaining .....I remember we used to ponder whether or not to stay in Bolton snooker club & sack the match .We never did but many many times wished we had.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

It was a lower level but it really was shite & not just one season either it went on for season after season ......we will have to agree to disagree on Mark Came.

you only need to look at the highlight coverage of the game v ipswich when worthy scored his goal

utter shite

and they were good days!

11 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

I can see what your saying but the fans stayed away in their thousands so it was  not that entertaining .....I remember we used to ponder whether or not to stay in Bolton snooker club & sack the match .We never did but many many times wished we had.

I remember that feeling well. We used to go to The Farmers Arms  Darcy Lever before the game and had similar deliberations. More often than not the best part of going to the game was the pub beforehand.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

I remember that feeling well. We used to go to The Farmers Arms  Darcy Lever before the game and had similar deliberations. More often than not the best part of going to the game was the pub beforehand.

Stopped off many a time in there en route.

Like I said, maybe as a youngster you see things differently, but I never got the desire to sod it off.

Perhaps terraces played a part, who knows.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Another attention seeking video title? Who knew!

Slightly unrelated pet peeve at the moment; websites clearly only run by one person describing themselves as "we" when giving an opinion. Stop.

I'll see your "we" and raise you a "Bolton Wanderers fanzine, providing an alternative and trusted source of BWFC news". Despite chatting relentless shit.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Robbie Savage (forgiven due to Wrexham)

Paul Fitzpatrick, Simon Farnworth, Mark Gavin, Valentine and George (ironing board) Oghani  .... some proper bad uns, but they were lower division player and our expectation of them were not that high.

Yep. Remember having a game in Bolton snooker club, then upon leaving noticing Robbie Savage having a quiet pint (Guiness or mild).

How things have changed.

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep. Remember having a game in Bolton snooker club, then upon leaving noticing Robbie Savage having a quiet pint (Guiness or mild).

How things have changed.

After the Wrexham promotion game the whole team was in there playing snooker with a couple of pints. 

6 hours ago, ianofrochdale said:

Sat right above in NSU last night and that first goal was all so inevitable. Was a bad feed kick to give away in first place against a team who are good in the air at set plays.

Then, Beevers and Donaldson both culpable at back post, easy header for Dawson, goal. No clever, sneaky movement involved, just stood there and out jumped Donaldson, who shouldn't have been left with him

If a team struggles so painfully to create and score as we do, surely we have to be better than that at keeping them out. Really poor goal to toss away

There was a sly little shove by Dawson on our defender (Hobbs or Beevers,not sure) that prevented him from challenging for the ball.

The ref was an absolute bell.

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

There was a sly little shove by Dawson on our defender (Hobbs or Beevers,not sure) that prevented him from challenging for the ball.

The ref was an absolute bell.

Dawson was marked by Donaldson

A calamitous management decision 

it’s these margins that cost us Parky, not the off field bollocks

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Attack on steward and coin throwing at groundsman amongst incidents being investigated by the police and the club.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/11614541/bolton-investigate-crowd-trouble-during-west-brom-defeat

maybe marc might mention that at some point

hes currently busy tidying up his piece on the co opted member of the mistrust board

5 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

That was at a lower level and I never went to a match back in the day believing we would lose . Mark Came was a decent centre half until he broke his leg .

At least those teams could sting a few passes together .

Anyway I think we both agree we are awful now !

For the sake of avoiding further disunity among our fan base, how's about agreeing that he was a shite emergency centre-forward.

There is no charge for this mediation service.

4 hours ago, Walkden White said:

Riot? There's a job for that lad at The Bolton News

Bet he's LOV but Sky News might be interested soon they must have exhausted Brexit and Migrants in dinghies FFS. Bet they see 'riot' and send that Alex Crawford over.