Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WBA home

victor meldrew

Just now, Ani said:

I try and be positive however .......free kicks, corners and throw ins we look like a team that have just met. I do have sympathy about the quality we can afford so make up for it by working on these areas. We are awful at set plays. 

Sat right above in NSU last night and that first goal was all so inevitable. Was a bad feed kick to give away in first place against a team who are good in the air at set plays.

Then, Beevers and Donaldson both culpable at back post, easy header for Dawson, goal. No clever, sneaky movement involved, just stood there and out jumped Donaldson, who shouldn't have been left with him

If a team struggles so painfully to create and score as we do, surely we have to be better than that at keeping them out. Really poor goal to toss away

Yep, 1st goal : soft free kick, poor marking and then I thought Alnwick/Hobbs could have made a better fist of getting to it before that dingle cunt Rodriguez.

2nd goal, what was Hobbs thinking?

With Wheater there, we don't concede either. 

5 minutes ago, ianofrochdale said:

Sat right above in NSU last night and that first goal was all so inevitable. Was a bad feed kick to give away in first place against a team who are good in the air at set plays.

Then, Beevers and Donaldson both culpable at back post, easy header for Dawson, goal. No clever, sneaky movement involved, just stood there and out jumped Donaldson, who shouldn't have been left with him

If a team struggles so painfully to create and score as we do, surely we have to be better than that at keeping them out. Really poor goal to toss away

Even though it was offside.

We are just terrified of making any kind of bold move. Full backs scared to death of overlapping, both centre midfielders take that long trying to think of what to do the moments been and gone by the time they make a safe/shit pass.

There’s just no intent whatsoever, apart from maybe the pole, but he just runs into blind alleys as there’s fuck all going on in front of him.

Replacing a big lump with another big lump to try and inspire things sums it up. 

Next Tuesday is massive. Fail to win and it’s good night Irene. 

I've read posts on this thread were people think we played OK.

OK .... we were awful !

No creativity,  movement or style . The standard of our football wasn't even league 1. The Baggies were just strolling through the game , easiest 3 points for them all season.

It is just depressing watching us, actually it is embarrassing  . 

Worst Bolton team in over 50 years of watching us. I've seen some poor Bolton teams over the years , but I can never remember us being this poor .

Burton away was a low point last season, I think we are worse than that now.

15 hours ago, stevieb said:

What are crazy corner getting all worked up about? 

Looked like something sparked a bit of infighting in the stands. 

Think it was stewards trying to get the Anderson out banner that sparked it

10 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Shocked by the number of brainless clowns that follow BWFC. looking at crazy corner it was full.A lot of kids had just turned up for the protest.

Drama queens. the lot of 'em.

I've seen us play 4th division football in a crumbling stadium that stank of piss.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

There’s just no intent whatsoever, apart from maybe the pole, but he just runs into blind alleys as there’s fuck all going on in front of him.

He made a great pass and go type of run last night. Unfortunately he didn't get the return pass. He'd have been well clear as well. 

We are just bang average. Though I didn't feel like we got over-run by one of the division's top teams. Don't remember Alnwick having that much to do.

1 hour ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I've read posts on this thread were people think we played OK.

OK .... we were awful !

No creativity,  movement or style . The standard of our football wasn't even league 1. The Baggies were just strolling through the game , easiest 3 points for them all season.

It is just depressing watching us, actually it is embarrassing  . 

Worst Bolton team in over 50 years of watching us. I've seen some poor Bolton teams over the years , but I can never remember us being this poor .

Burton away was a low point last season, I think we are worse than that now.

Sure about that ? 

Henshaw , Scott,Came,Bell......I could go on 

3 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Sure about that ? 

Henshaw , Scott,Came,Bell......I could go on 

That was at a lower level and I never went to a match back in the day believing we would lose . Mark Came was a decent centre half until he broke his leg .

At least those teams could sting a few passes together .

Anyway I think we both agree we are awful now !

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Have i calmed down from last night?

No i foooooookin haven't, i was reading through some post that we played alright last night, really? WBA never got out of 1st gear, really easy for them, we had a bit more of the ball but no cutting edge in the last third and no support from team mates once we got near their box. Absolutely shocking.

The Parkinson team tactics formulae:

1: If a player scores, your resigned to the bench for one game

2: If you score a hat-trick, benched for a month

3: If your names Luke Murphy, you aint playing for 90 minutes and you will be subbed around the 70 minute mark

4: Any players supporting the FORWARD (just the one) and relinquishing their defensive duties, whether we are losing or not will be banned for one game, maybe two if you get too billy big boots and enter the final third on numerous occasions. If a player does find himself breaking away, dribble round the 5 or 6 players in front of you and place it past the keeper into the onion bag, failure to do this results in a substitution and benched for the next game.

5: If we are losing, we do NOT go two up top, but we may stick Wheater up in Injury time (if he is playing)

6: No having a go at the referees, he has a hard enough job as it is, fined a weeks wages (that's if you have been paid of course)

7: When the opposition have a corner, the whole team defends, any player encroaching the centre circle gets binned to the bench

8: If your name is Josh Vela, don't run, don't close down, retreat to the 18 yard box and get in position to defend.

9: If you are left footed, you play on the right and vice-versa (except on the odd occasion when i decide to mix things up, that's generally around once a season, maybe twice if we are still in the cup)

10: I am not taking my hands out of my jogger pockets and giving directions on the pitch, fathom that out for yourself, but do NOT relinquish your defensive duties

We were alreet for the first half hour or so then little bits here and there 

Don't think it was a case that west brom didn't need to get out of second gear, more they just weren't that good

That last night was classic BWFC this season under Parky.

Anyone who doesn't watch us very often will say that the effort was there & there weren't many chances in the game overall.

Anyone who watches us every week could tell you what was going to happen from the off. We can't keep a clean sheet so we were always going to concede. We don't really create anything, so we were never going to score. As soon as they scored = game over. I wouldn't mind but they were bang average at the back, but playing Donaldson on his own upfront has got to be the least threatening attack in world football. Ever. 

It's boring, predictable, clueless, uninspiring shite. Next years season tickets will be halved.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Don't think it was a case that west brom didn't need to get out of second gear, more they just weren't that good

4 minutes ago, HazzyinBolton said:

I wouldn't mind but they were bang average at the back,

aye, not having it that they were taking it easy or whatever, they might be pusing for promotion, but on the day they weren't that good - like Leeds when they visited recently

however, you don't need to be, to beat us

probably the most even game I've seen at home this season

we had 3 decent chances, and one nice run/bit of skill from Ameobi - other than that, fuck all happened and our inability to defend let us down again and will always present teams with chances

43 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

It will be interesting to see how many turn up next Tuesday when the camera's aren't there.

or more to the point when it's not free

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I feel that if we showed anything approaching the required quality to look like causing them a problem they'd have stepped up a gear and seen us off. Their front line would have destroyed us if they really wanted a bit last night.

Aye they could 

But I don't think last night was them not stepping up 

They seem to grind out results

If they don't go up Moore will be potted 

33 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

That was at a lower level and I never went to a match back in the day believing we would lose . Mark Came was a decent centre half until he broke his leg .

At least those teams could sting a few passes together .

Anyway I think we both agree we are awful now !

It was a lower level but it really was shite & not just one season either it went on for season after season ......we will have to agree to disagree on Mark Came.