Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA youth cup

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

I genuinely hope some of these kids will get opportunities in the 1st team but not until they are ready. Not seen much of any of them but there’s been countless times we’ve had scenarios like this, promising kids and none/very few given a chance.

Lets hope this crop springs a few good uns, Christ we need to unearth a Bale/Shearer or 2 to keep the club going.

No pressure lads.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I genuinely hope some of these kids will get opportunities in the 1st team but not until they are ready. Not seen much of any of them but there’s been countless times we’ve had scenarios like this, promising kids and none/very few given a chance.

Lets hope this crop springs a few good uns, Christ we need to unearth a Bale/Shearer or 2 to keep the club going.

No pressure lads.

I hope we can bring these lads through,  I’d love to see a 70s style team coming through where the back bone came through the Academy, that was a special era and one that ultimately bonded me to BWFC for live. 

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not seen much of any of them but there’s been countless times we’ve had scenarios like this, promising kids and none/very few given a chance.

As far as ex academy players playing at the top level go there's Holding at arsenal, ward at Cardiff and mooy at Huddersfield. Only Mooy 'didn't get a chance' but he left at a young age. 

Think Chris Basham at Sheff U is the next highest up the divisions. 

We've plenty knocking round leagues 1 and 2 though. 

23 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

As far as ex academy players playing at the top level go there's Holding at arsenal, ward at Cardiff and mooy at Huddersfield. Only Mooy 'didn't get a chance' but he left at a young age. 

Kyle Bartley at West Brom is another. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Ward isn't what I consider academy, either

200k buy, I think