Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

British Transport Police

royal white

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

That people can't do the job are being appointed as coppers? Really?

FFS I said it’s possible folk who fit the profile required might get priority over someone who doesn’t but who might be more able. You clearly think that does not happen I believe it does. No need to discuss it further. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

FFS I said it’s possible folk who fit the profile required might get priority over someone who doesn’t but who might be more able. You clearly think that does not happen I believe it does. No need to discuss it further. 

But that’s not what you said. See my post above. If you had said the above (rather than saying black people and women can’t do the job but would get in), I would have said that it’s quite possible that there is an element of positive discrimination.  The reason / justification may be that mentioned above by Frank, which I think is valid.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s most likely because we’ve enough of them but not enough females and black folk to fit some mentalist quota agenda, you can’t do the job but your female or black so your in. 

Mounts, don’t try to reason with PC lefties.

They’re that far down the path that they can’t see the wood for the trees.

• Site Supporter

I don't agree with positive discrimination. The clue is in the name.

Two women go for a job, one is brilliant in the interviews, top grade in all the tests. She is white.  The other is good in interview and a solid performer in the tests. She is black or asian or whatever quota they are looking for at the time.

Who should get the job?

6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Two women go for a job, one is brilliant in the interviews, top grade in all the tests. She is white.  The other is good in interview and a solid performer in the tests. She is black or asian or whatever quota they are looking for at the time.

Who should get the job?

The lesbian.

7 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Who should get the job?

Should - white

probably get it - black/Asian 

8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Who should get the job?

What’s the job?

44 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Who should get the job?

The one with biggest tits

49 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Who should get the job?

Willo Flood

20 minutes ago, kent_white said:

So are people saying they feel discriminated against because they're under represented in this advert?

I assume Royal White is annoyed because despite his experience in the armed forces, he got turned down for a job in the BTP (and lost out to a woman and/or black person). 

And also - what kind of circles do you have to associate in to even have this advert brought to your attention? Is there some kind of alt right blog that tells you all what to be offended by on each particular day? Because you lot always seem to be well on the ball of these obscure issues.

Last week it was London Underground's advertising policy - this week it is British Transport Police's recruitment strategy. 

It'll be the coffee rota at the Department for Agriculture soon at this rate.