Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

British Transport Police

royal white

6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Does it matter?

In almost all cases, no. But it may be relevant if, for example, it was a job as a waitress in a Chinese restaurant, or if it was a charity helping Syrian refugees (and experience of the role showed that they were more likely to “open up” to people from an African background). 

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

And also - what kind of circles do you have to associate in to even have this advert brought to your attention? Is there some kind of alt right blog that tells you all what to be offended by on each particular day? Because you lot always seem to be well on the ball of these obscure issues.

Last week it was London Underground's advertising policy - this week it is British Transport Police's recruitment strategy. 

It'll be the coffee rota at the Department for Agriculture soon at this rate.

This advert has now been brought to your attention. Are you part of an alt right blog? 

• Site Supporter

I've had a recruitment agency trying to get me to go work in a primary school..Positive discrimination in force here...

"Male teachers are massively under represented and you will get a lot of work from schools wanting male teachers"..

"Yes by I'm dyslexic and struggle with Spelling, "

"Ah it will be ok"...

I know that Primary PGCE places are hard to get on as there is an abundance of Women applying for places..

I'm a firm believer in best person for the job...

However, what's to say that they have tried to recruit "whoever", it hasn't worked so they are targeting other area's that have no previously applied..

As most criminals and also the Tories will tell you, the rise in crime has got nothing whatsoever to do with there being less Police.

The Policeman that covers Bolton is never short of work. Always does his 40 hours.

Edited by overseas

32 minutes ago, overseas said:

As most criminals and also the Tories will tell you, the rise in crime has got nothing whatsoever to do with there being less Police.

The Policeman that covers Bolton is never short of work. Always does his 40 hours.

image.png.d5fcffcfc8f73635c9085b40ea99ca1c.png

Edited by boltondiver

On 19/01/2019 at 10:18, Jol_BWFC said:

What do you mean? What's your issue?

What he might mean is the same as me.  What does it matter what colour or religion, best man/woman for the job, whats the point of a education system and aiming for high grades if others are pushed up the list because they should come first because of their background?  Pathetic and discriminatory, its sickened me really

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

What he might mean is the same as me.  What does it matter what colour or religion, best man/woman for the job, whats the point of a education system and aiming for high grades if others are pushed up the list because they should come first because of their background?  Pathetic and discriminatory, its sickened me really

It sickened you? Really? This is an advertising campaign. Nobody has been offered any job. The applicants might be rubbish and get nowhere near the BTP.

5 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

It sickened you? Really? This is an advertising campaign. Nobody has been offered any job. The applicants might be rubbish and get nowhere near the BTP.

Maybe nobody has been offered any job, but the wording is there for all to see what people theyre really after.  Yes it has sickened me, some people have focused on being a Police Officer through their education and unfortunate for them theyre not in the correct catagory to be one.  

47 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Maybe nobody has been offered any job, but the wording is there for all to see what people theyre really after.  Yes it has sickened me, some people have focused on being a Police Officer through their education and unfortunate for them theyre not in the correct catagory to be one.  

No they'll still get to be coppers. 

This ad is encouraging those outside the white man demographic to apply as well. 

Nothing saying that they'll get a job and whiteys won't. 

Paranoia is a fucker 

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

They were just trying to get over the speed bumps without damaging their suspension.

As I was saying earlier on, they dont care about damaging their suspension. And if you slow right down as you approach a bump, and then accelerate over it, you dont damage it. If you notice they were doing more than 60 mph in a 30 mph zone, which is what I am seeing all the time. I occasionally see them doing around 70 down the street. They dont all do 60 over the bump, they slow down before them and accelerate over them, this doesnt damage the suspension. There you go.

Edited by overseas
extra line