Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Can't quite remember....

Donald Fart.

Hi, can any of the older generation on here remember a game from the very late 60s or more probably the very early 70s. The following is what I think I remember, it was bolton v rammy, probably fa cup, a teacher from turton high (I was there at the time) played for rammy, in goal I think. His name might have been woods. Bolton won 4-1.

I was telling all this to my brother the other day and he seemed very sceptical. Rammy came up in conversation as Sam Ashton it related to my missus and they had just done Weymouth away. 

Thanks

Pc

Edited by Donald Fart.

Rossendale scored first I think the scorer was called Glen Barker later played for Horwich RMI ??

Roy Greaves got a couple for us plus Chris Duffy in a rare appearance.Tuther one could have been JB not sure.

Thinking about it I think Barker was given  a trial with us at some point so maybe not the scorer that day!

Edited by Take Hunt Off

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

If it’s FA cup bwfc stats on twitter should have it, think they acquired the data off the bloke that ran the original website.

god I miss that by the way 

It's archived so doesn't get updated, but the info is still there

See my link above

4 hours ago, Donald Fart. said:

Thanks for that everyone, much appreciated. At least I got a bit correct.

I was there . You could walk fro end to end at bury . We stood at the opposite end to the cemetery end and greavo banged a couple of his hatrick in our net . It was a quick hatrck, scoring his first just b4 half time  I think.

The teacher from turton was our Art teacher . He played centre half marking Roy Greaves. He wasn't at Turton long , he married another art teacher there . Cannot remember his name though.  I remember him covering for an absent music teacher , he brought his guitar into lesson and sang a few songs to us ... best music lesson ever , all we previously did was listen to Mozart on a record player ...seriously that's all we ever did in music .

• Members

Especially memorable for me as I was serving my apprenticeship in Bury at the time. The locals (bucket shakers, reds and blues) were all backing Rossendale so I really enjoyed the following Monday back at work which was highly unusual for me on a Monday. Usually hung over from the previous nights Soul extravaganza at the Palais.

On 21/01/2019 at 01:04, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I was there . You could walk fro end to end at bury . We stood at the opposite end to the cemetery end and greavo banged a couple of his hatrick in our net . It was a quick hatrck, scoring his first just b4 half time  I think.

The teacher from turton was our Art teacher . He played centre half marking Roy Greaves. He wasn't at Turton long , he married another art teacher there . Cannot remember his name though.  I remember him covering for an absent music teacher , he brought his guitar into lesson and sang a few songs to us ... best music lesson ever , all we previously did was listen to Mozart on a record player ...seriously that's all we ever did in music .

I have remembered the teachers name.... Mr Woods , centre half and Art teacher 

• Moderators
On 20/01/2019 at 11:16, bolton va va said:

It sounds like Rossendale Utd v Bolton in the FA Cup, played at Gigg Lane. Bolton won 4-1.

There were loads there from Bolton & when Rossendale scored first, most of their " supporters " ,Bury, Burnley, Mancs etc got chased out of the ground.

Why can't football always be like that?

12000 on according to Wikipedo.