Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Carr’s

Recommended Posts

I’ve just had my first cheese and jalapeño pastie.

that’s as near as I imagine you can get to taking heroin without a needle.

fuck. Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pinnacle of pasties.

Closely followed by their steak ones.

Edited by Marc505

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spider said:

I’ve just had my first cheese and jalapeño pastie.

that’s as near as I imagine you can get to taking heroin without a needle.

fuck. Me.

I’ve not eaten a single carbohydrate today. Don’t do this :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I’ve not eaten a single carbohydrate today. Don’t do this :( 

Just scrape the middle out of a steak one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spider said:

I’ve just had my first cheese and jalapeño pastie.

that’s as near as I imagine you can get to taking heroin without a needle.

fuck. Me.

They should do a lobby one, they'd sell loads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sweep said:

They should do a lobby one, they'd sell loads

to peasants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t stop thinking about these. 

Will they have them at the match tonight? 

In the mythical Carr’s outlet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I can’t stop thinking about these. 

Will they have them at the match tonight? 

In the mythical Carr’s outlet?

Nope. You need someone to nip into Bolton for you to collect a bag of frozen ones. A little taste of home, at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Do they still have the place on manny Road near all the car dealers? 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Do they still have the place on manny Road near all the car dealers? 

yeah, but not the one you are thinking of

other side of that side street

and its rammed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Carrs cheese pasty on a barm with Salad Cream is a revelation

:rofl: Please cut and paste this onto the 'Annual weight loss/get fit' thread. That'll test their willpower (or make them feel like barfing)!

Edited by Steejay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You obviously don't venture into the 'hood often enough, Spider...

They've been knocking them out at corner shops and petrol stations in the various scumsville districts since last summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

popped into carrs this afternoon 

the smell alone had me well aroused 

Edited by L/H White

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when a Carrs pastie was full of sloppy darkish brown peppery filling and were lovely.

Then someone fucked about with the recipe and they are fairly shite now, very beige, dry and one mouthful results in instant heartburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And sales through the roof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just seen the garage near me has them, non left at this time of day. I'm having one whilst WFH tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't think the club thought this reply through:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 18:21, Burndens Bogs said:

I remember when a Carrs pastie was full of sloppy darkish brown peppery filling and were lovely.

Then someone fucked about with the recipe and they are fairly shite now, very beige, dry and one mouthful results in instant heartburn.

Agreed the standard one is a bit shit these days but the cheese, and the cheese and jalapeño, are just heaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 12:13, Steejay said:

:rofl: Please cut and paste this onto the 'Annual weight loss/get fit' thread. That'll test their willpower (or make them feel like barfing)!

Aye I really wish that he hadn’t posted that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2019 at 14:20, Spider said:

I’ve just had my first cheese and jalapeño pastie.

that’s as near as I imagine you can get to taking heroin without a needle.

fuck. Me.

Bloody good, these rascals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.