Missing footballer

freds dad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Seen today he sent a message about looking like the plane was about to fall apart.

Harrowing, some days I don't half feel really mortal.

aye

fuck that

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/emiliano-salas-chilling-last-audio-message-as-he-feared-plane-was-about-to-fall-apart/ar-BBSBxrK?ocid=spartandhp

Hello, little brothers, how are you crazy people?

"Brother, I’m dead, I was here in Nantes doing things, things, things, things and things, and it never stops, it never stops, it never stops.

"I’m here on a plane that looks like it’s about to fall apart, and I’m going to Cardiff, crazy, tomorrow we already start, and in the afternoon we start training, boys, in my new team…

"Let’s see what happens, so, how are you brothers and sisters, all right?

"If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they cannot find me, but you know … Dad, how scared am I!”

56 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Those planes look like flying ladas. What on earth were they thinking.

I've read that he booked the flight himself - not the clubs. Also read that if there was a life raft onboard, there's still hope they could be found. But they doubt very much it had one.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Smiley said:

I've read that he booked the flight himself - not the clubs. Also read that if there was a life raft onboard, there's still hope they could be found. But they doubt very much it had one.

Hope springs eternal etc, but if a light aircraft hits the sea from 10000 feet or so at 150 mph ish, not sure a life raft would be much use.

You'd have to hope that they had a controlled crash landing which I doubt as there was no mayday call etc.

• Moderators

it gets worse

https://news.sky.com/story/pilot-of-missing-plane-carrying-emiliano-sala-said-he-was-a-bit-rusty-11616128

The pilot flying the missing private plane carrying footballer Emiliano Sala told friends he was "a bit rusty" just a day before take-off.

David Ibbotson - who police identified as the pilot on Wednesday night - made the admission on Facebook before departing from Nantes with the new Cardiff City signing on-board.

The pilot, from Crowle, near Scunthorpe, tagged himself at the French city's airport on Saturday before replying to comments the following day, in which he said he was "a bit rusty with the ILS (instrument landing system)".

When a friend questioned whether that was really the case, Mr Ibbotson replied: "You wanna bet, a little on the high side hehe, better than on the low side."