Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mini Road Roundabouts.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yes, because some dickheads think that if they are going straight ahead at the roundabout they have the right of way over everyone. 

This. One on Turks road, Radcliffe. I was driving along and turning right at it. My right of way, but the job coming the opposite way either didn't see the roundabout or thought it was his. I stopped in time but he went ballistic. Tit.

I often forget that someone who has entered the roundabout (crossed the white line) has right of way.  You can be mistaken for thinking there's nothing coming from your right so I will just steam through, this isn't always the case. 

3 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

The one on Church Road in Heaton is a right pain the arse. Amount of times four cars arrive at the roundabout at the same time and all stop because they give way to the right. And then it needs someone to take a lead and go first.

The Mexican stand off

• Members

I've seen a photo somewhere of a roundabout with 6 or so mini roundabouts equally spaced around it. An absolute mindfuck.

On the subject of roundabouts, they've changed them down here now to a 'corkscrew' type affair where, if you want to turn right on approach to a roundabout the lines move you from outside lane to inside lane on the roundabout to exit.

As WA drivers are amongst the worst I have ever encountered in the world, utter fucking chaos with people suddenly deciding to come to a dead stop on the roundabout because they are utterly confused. I have heard them slagging off 'nutters' in Spain and Italy regarding driving matters. I would take Spain and Italy's drivers over these fucking morons any day of the week.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Traf said:

Image result for magic roundabout swindon

Aaargh, why did you remind me of that fucking thing??? It's right by the County Ground. I worked in Swindon for 2 years in the mid/late 90's & had to go over it twice a day. I soon decided that the best plan of action was to put my foot down, go in a straight line & blast my horn at anybody in the way. Seemed to work most times...

Aye, in the main they're a lot better than traffic lights. You get the odd imbecile who doesn't bother looking right, but as with all things driving you have to assume every other driver is a dick and preempt them doing so.

Oh, and as for driving straight over the middle of them, when you do make sure you're accelerating so as not to damage your suspension.