Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mini Road Roundabouts.

leigh white

4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

So at lets say at a 3 exit roundabout, 3 cars arrive at it at the same time - who has right of way?

If I'm one of those cars, then it's me who has right of way.....but then again I am a BMW wanker, so I don't need to indicate and always have right of way :D

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, freds dad said:

Why are there lots of people stood around on the paths and grass verges?

It's a CAD design not a proper photograph. Although when I lived there, it did get lots of wankers attending just to see it (fucking sad twats).

6 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

So at lets say at a 3 exit roundabout, 3 cars arrive at it at the same time - who has right of way?

Nobody. By the letter of the highway code everyone has to give way to the cars on the right (or one already on the roundabout). However, all three would have to arrive at the exact same time. Otherwise you give way to the right and the car that arrives first enters first.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Steejay said:

It's a CAD design not a proper photograph. Although when I lived there, it did get lots of wankers attending just to see it (fucking sad twats).

I reckon if Bolton Highways introduced a roundabout system where five mini-roundabouts fed into a central contraflow roundabout, I'd be going for a quick recce before risking my car.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I reckon if Bolton Highways introduced a roundabout system where five mini-roundabouts fed into a central contraflow roundabout, I'd be going for a quick recce before risking my car.

In Bolton? Be like dodgems on acid.:shok:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
16 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Fantastic, you keep waiting for the smash but it doesn't happen, well, not in that 2 minutes anyway...

Hadn't noticed the 'smash' possibilities mate! Just watched it again for that very purpose. First time around I was glued to watching the pedestrians. FFS, talk about a death wish!

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 02:08, bolty58 said:

Cheers C - that's the fucker. No doubt the cunt who designed that got some sort of award - hopefully something like free cryogenic preservation if he/she takes up the offer within 3 months.

He got an OBE soon afterwards>

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I just don't get the advantage of that over a big single roundabout. Looks to me as though you'd be stop-go all the way round if you took the fourth exit from any starting point.

The 4th exit from any starting point is closer than a normal roundabout as you don’t have to go all the way around, but the 3 rd exit from any starting point is no adavantage apart from splitting the traffic flow but there’d be an awful lot of stop go as you say