Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Reading

DomRepWanderer

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Looks like Reading's new signing are from overseas - lets hope they can't do it on a cold January night in Horwich

Sadly our lot can't do it whatever month it is...

Edited by Steejay

I was hoping all the “fuck the Anderson’s” shite would be left behind tonight but it seems a few of the faceless Twitter accounts are stirring it up again and even suggesting the WBA game was a “good atmosphere”. I must have been somewhere else. Leave the protesting at the turnstiles and get behind the team. 

• Site Supporter

Snow still falling in Breightmet.

Roughly half an inch. Missus recons much less so Leyland way.

It is supposed to stop later but with showers and very cold with ice risk. Would imagine steep/non main roads up rossendale way may become quite difficult, if slush is present upon freezing.

Each to their own, but I wouldn't change it from Nottingham- this weather is dropping south east and is therefore likely to worsen as it gets across midlands. They said such on the forecast, with a line down from Lincolnshire towards central England.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If this bloody snow doesn't clear, looks like i'm going to struggle to get my hound home then out to the match tonight - Rossendale valley seems like it's getting a blasting on a few roads, can you confirm Traf?

im further on into six fingered land, beyond bacup and its clearing at low level

Metro (yes I know) states Swansea V Birmingham is on Red button. No mention that our game will be covered. Got Sky Sports News on and it confirms same so sorry chaps no excuse (aside from travel difficulties) not to join the rest of us this evenings freezing yours nads off and chances are leaving hugely disappointed. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I was hoping all the “fuck the Anderson’s” shite would be left behind tonight but it seems a few of the faceless Twitter accounts are stirring it up again and even suggesting the WBA game was a “good atmosphere”. I must have been somewhere else. Leave the protesting at the turnstiles and get behind the team. 

This. See if Mr Ten Men who took on the whole of the WSL after he was called out (by a teenager) for being a knob.

He'd been the only tennis ball thrower in our stand and the stewards had a word with him. He shifted seats and spent all game whistling; loudly. One of the teens in front of us (good lads, to be fair) shouted "Shut the fuck up!" So he turned around and asked him to come and make him. Hard guy that he was.