Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Reading

DomRepWanderer

I'm with Mounts - Connell had drifted out of the game a bit and was tiring. Classy performance from him though. Hope he can be a part of a recovery. Loved the confidence to hit that volley from 30 yards.

All in all though - that's as bad as I've seen us play under Parky. Worrying times indeed.

what a joke played like the away team yet again really sick of this manager I am done won't go another game this season until he's sacked! What KA is doing I really don't know why he's allowing this muppet to stay in charge this great club of ours is now ruined on and off the pitch last one to leave turn the lights off.

4 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Well that was fuckng shite

Walked out on 89 minutes  so missed the goal.Crowd turned on parky when he subbed Conell ,same old tactics defend defend defend

Ditto - as soon as the clock went to 89mins i fucked off, the equaliser hardly brought a deafening roar from outside

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Connell was great again but the crowd booing his substitution was a disgrace the lad was goosed,  but sick of PP same formation every week no matter who we play, again no creative midfielder, 1 up top and a bad one at that, utter dross, very lucky to get the point. Must have been 6000 on tops Anderson and PP killing BWFC. 

Didn't think he looked tired, but him standing in the centre circle spraying passes would've offered more than O'Neill. I get the idea of protecting young players, but there was twenty minutes left in a season defining game.

Anyway, PP isn't going anywhere until the end of the season, but if the next man is another boring pragmatist it might kill me off for good. Reading aren't very good and will get relegated too, but we couldn't pass it around like that if we were playing the U-10s.

• Site Supporter

Connell was buggered but only a very brave or very stupid man would have taken him off.

Didn't look like a pen to me, would like to see replay.

I like parky and couldn't give two hoots about his style of football, it's results that matter. And I just don't how he can turn this round. I'd honestly gamble on anyone else having a go right now.

Oh and donaldson may work hard but he is awful, just awful.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

Connell was buggered but only a very brave or very stupid man would have taken him off.

I like parky and couldn't give two hoots about his style of football, it's results that matter. And I just don't how he can turn this round. I'd honestly gamble on anyone else having a go right now.

their pen was nailed on, awful by Olkowski.

Connell was blowing out of his arse for the 10 minutes before he went off. His first touch was flawless for the first hour but he then he started miscontrolling and knocking it five yards in front of himself. Personally I’d have given him another five minutes but who knows what might have happened on the back of it - not necessarily a goal given it happened anyway, but potentially pulling his hamstring or somesuch which would be particularly damaging for all concerned. 

Donaldson the hardest worker on the field but he just doesn’t get himself in the right positions. Then again, Magennis made entirely the wrong run when we put the ball in the box late on so he’s hardly alone in that. 

No idea how Ameobi wasn’t keeping up with O’Neil when he broke in the first half. Should have been a walk in at the back stick if he’d kept up. 

Ultimately feels like a defeat when in reality we again had a decent amount of the play in the second half and Donaldson was only a couple of inches away from a worldie. 

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

He's right though 

I don't agree. He said it was a great game for a start! 

I'm all for resting the lad but at 0-0 when he was our only creative outlet and there was a 35 year old at the side of him who'd ran himself into the ground was the wrong call.

I hope he goes but I felt very uncomfortable with the abuse Parky got. I wish he'd walk so he can leave before it gets worse.

10 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Highlights

Edited by Clarence Carter

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

With you on that

Probably before your time but it struck me tonight who Donaldson reminds me of

Keith walwyn, York city, mid 80s

Every shit team we played seemed to have a big black lump up top

Who scored :)

He would be about 60 now and probably more use

• Moderators
Just now, Biganddaft said:

Why? How long have we supposed to put up with shite? 

One answer is til we can afford better, but let's leave that

I suspect Alf reckons the morons on his back for subbing Connell are utter cretins

He'd be right

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Biganddaft said:

Why? How long have we supposed to put up with shite? 

Because we were always in with a chance of turning that around and it just went poisonous when he took Connell off, and as Parky pointed out, the lad was goosed.