Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Reading

DomRepWanderer

Parky sets the team up all wrong IMO and picks the wrong players, but he can't be held accountable for professional footballers not being able to control a pass / make a pass / cross a ball beyond the first defender etc etc

From top to bottom, changes need making.

I never get that impression with our lot.  With United they seem to attract players with attitude problems like Pogba and Lakaku that have a big influence.  Of our main first team players I only see players running through brick walls for the team (or for themselves) - eg Noone, Donaldson, whichever defenders are picked always put a massive shift in and of course Lowe and O'Neill can never be questioned in that respect.  I'd love to say he's lost the dressing room but of those he's picked he clearly hasn't, we'd be shipping goals otherwise instead of battling to stay in every game bar Hull till the last minutes.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

During Morinho's later stages it was widely suggested that the players weren't playing for him. New manager's start seems to confirm this.

I wonder if our players have stopped playing for Parky.

Whichever way, they'd be better for a better, more inspiring manager.

Donaldson is fucking wank. First half kick our from Matthews and he doesn’t read it or react, second half cross in from the left and he could have at least attempted to get on it with a short run, instead he was like a statue. 

No anticipation and no reading of the game and weak as piss the shit cunt.

Donaldson you shit cunt, if your reading this your a shit cunt.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Kane57 said:

In a masochistic way I enjoyed Donaldson attempting a five yard pass last night and instead of it going where it should have it ended up with him on his arse and the ball about ten feet from the nearest white shirt.

That was just fucking embarrassing. 

Does he attend the game hoping not to have to actually play for fear of being found out?

8 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ok aside from 2 or 3 performances in league 1 over the course of probably 100 games if not more it’s dross 

we then sold the biggest factor in that style of play working and what does he do? Nothing 

he’s not changed the style hasn’t changed he’s not modified anything when every man and his dog can see it doesn’t work

his idea of change is replacing 1 big shit lump up top for another one. The only time we played 2 up there and 2 wingers on their correct sides we scored fucking 5!!! 

He said at the beginning of the season the squad this year had much more quality. Well he’s negating any further quality these players have because they’re never on the fucking ball. 

I could run around for 90 mins chasing people down and leathering the ball 50 yard down the pitch for a tenth of what our lads are on. But it’s not their fault it’s that fucking dinosaurs 

Dinosaur is right mate.......he's nothing but a Sunday league manager and belongs somewhere between 1970 - 1980!

He keeps saying how proud he is of the effort the players are putting in??

Surely that should be a given for any professional player!!

The body language of the players tells me they aren't very impressed by him

Anyone notice Wheater throwing his top into crowd last night.....any relevance?

7 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Cas, absolutely no problem with matching the opposition for numbers in the middle

long gone are the days of 4-4-2 because that would just be suicide against teams who have an extra man AND want to keep the ball and play. Lowe & Murphy in there (as an example) would be torn to ribbons

but, what other teams do which we / Parky is petrified of doing is giving any one of those midfielders the job or even the belief to go and support. The gap between our back 4 and midfield is about 10 yard. Between our midfield and striker is about 50. How the fuck does anyone expect any other outcome than what we’re seeing? And that command comes from Parkinson only! 

Even the wide men play so narrow it’s crying out for Taylor to have some balls and get down the line on the overlap. But again he’s petrified. Because, ‘if’ we lose the ball then we’re exposed. It’s all about containing, not giving space, being compact etc 

2 problems with that is, 1) we aren’t good enough to do that and 2) it causes us to be completely impotent going forward 

It also empties the fucking stadium.

Literally every home game I’ve seen this season, last season, and even most matches in League 1, against shocking teams like Chesterfield, they would come to our place, in front of all the home supporters, and they would outplay us. 

Its extremely rare to see Bolton, even at home, dominate a game, press, and outpass the opponents. The majority of times where we have won, it’s where we have won 1-0, through a flukey  goal, ie a desperate punt up front, and feeding on the scraps, or amoebi wonder goal (last year mainly). And everything to do with the game is forgotten, as our fans will be happy. And anyone that complains, gets annihilated by the rest, because we won, meaning we played well.

Its what irrates me the most about Parky.

It doesn’t cost any money, to on the training ground, tell the defenders to pass the ball instead of taking it the easy way out, and lumping it every goddamn time. You’re all professionals, have some goddamn composure at this level. It isn’t hard, to ask the fullbacks, to go as wide as possible from goal kicks, to short pass, and build from the back, which every team does except us. It isn’t hard, to ask to demand from the players, more pressure, and not just set up camp in our own half.

Its simple things like these, I’m obviously nowhere near a professional manager, but Parky is, and he hasn’t  demonstrated more than 1 effective tactic, during the match. So, he then deflects it every time, so nobody remembers, and will highlight in the media, that it’s the squad value of other teams, that it’s the poor refereeing, that it’s a toxic atmosphere from the fans. ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES.

Yes, yesterday, it wasn’t a penalty, but that was 1 minute in the whole 94, how did we play in the other 93, how was our possession, how was our pressing, how was our solidity, how was our attacking ability, our pass accuracy, our shots on goal?

Complete, and utter wank. 

Connell made loads of mistakes last night that would have got Noone for example crucified by the crowd. He isn't Messi, he might not even be Bannan but he sees how the fans behave and he'd probably sign a contract for Rochdale if they came in tonight for him.

Donaldson did everything he could possibly do last night, was far better than Ameobi who really is stealing a living most of the time.

Don't get people booing Lowe if he even puts a foot wrong, for me if he isn't there doing the thankless work he does we would be gone already.

Realistically we are 2 wins away from where we need to be so it's still very much game on for staying up.

From reading on here it seems to me like a lot of folk on here would carry on supporting ie paying to watch regardless of level we were at so drama queening or claiming losing 4-2 every week but playing tipi tapi football would be better is a load of bollocks. If KA was confirmed today as owner and PP as manager with same players as we have now I would renew my season ticket now, not cos I'm an uber fan like most here just cos that's the truth.

Know this reply has been disjointed but last thing is that far fewer people where I am in ESU left early last night, initially thought they had stayed to boo but that wasn't it at all, leave that open as to why it was though.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

23 minutes ago, snowball said:

I hope that ref is fucking embarrassed at that penalty decision. That was a joke having seen it now oddly pisses me off more than ever 

Correct - it was a joke of a penalty, but we wouldn't have scored if they hadn't scored the pen, because it was only after they scored that we started to show some intent. 0-0 or 1-1 same thing.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Connell made loads of mistakes last night that would have got Noone for example crucified by the crowd. He isn't Messi, he might not even be Bannan but he sees how the fans behave and he'd probably sign a contract for Rochdale if they came in tonight for him.

Donaldson did everything he could possibly do last night, was far better than Ameobi who really is stealing a living most of the time.

Don't get people booing Lowe if he even puts a foot wrong, for me if he isn't there doing the thankless work he does we would be gone already.

Realistically we are 2 wins away from where we need to be so it's still very much game on for staying up.

From reading on here it seems to me like a lot of folk on here would carry on supporting ie paying to watch regardless of level we were at so drama queening or claiming losing 4-2 every week but playing tipi tapi football would be better is a load of bollocks. If KA was confirmed today as owner and PP as manager with same players as we have now I would renew my season ticket now, not cos I'm an uber fan like most here just cos that's the truth.

Know this reply has been disjointed but last thing is that far fewer people where I am in ESU left early last night, initially thought they had stayed to boo but that wasn't it at all, leave that open as to why it was though.

Maybe there were fewer to start with?

Why do you reference tippi-tappy football- people just want to see players being able to complete basic five years passes, make a run into the box, be able to cross a ball without hitting first man etc.

We're losing every week, so why not at least try to play a bit: something different. Who knows it might catch on and players (current or prospective) might just think "they're trying something here, not just the stale, out dated dross previously witnessed"

It isn't a request to watch Barcelona, just to have something to enjoy.

24 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

If Parkinson is here next season you will probably be on your own in ESU

in fact you won’t top tiers to be shut 

26 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Ha ha......is that you Phil???????????

21 minutes ago, anthonyj said:

Ha ha......is that you Phil???????????

He definitely will have the stadium to himself soon. Look im not proud of it and fair play to all who keep turning up especially away ( nutters!) but i just cant take it anymore. I am a ST holder and dont even begrudge paying for not going- god knows the club needs the money. I am struggling to put it in words but its not just the awful state of the club and i certainly dont expect a thriller on the pitch every week - you cant when youve been a wanderer for over 40 years! But please Ken put us out of our misery get rid of this manager even if it doesnt work we just cant go on like this.lets go down at least trying to play football and actually having a go instead of this boring, soul destroying tedious embarrassing shite week aftet fucking week . I know the players we have are poor quality wise but there must be someone who can organise this lot better we just cant go on like this its purgatory! 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, snowball said:

He definitely will have the stadium to himself soon. Look im not proud of it and fair play to all who keep turning up especially away ( nutters!) but i just cant take it anymore. I am a ST holder and dont even begrudge paying for not going- god knows the club needs the money. I am struggling to put it in words but its not just the awful state of the club and i certainly dont expect a thriller on the pitch every week - you cant when youve been a wanderer for over 40 years! But please Ken put us out of our misery get rid of this manager even if it doesnt work we just cant go on like this.lets go down at least trying to play football and actually having a go instead of this boring, soul destroying tedious embarrassing shite week aftet fucking week . I know the players we have are poor quality wise but there must be someone who can organise this lot better we just cant go on like this its purgatory! 

Agreed. I'd rather my team got relegated trying not to be than relegated and can't be arsed.

2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

We have accumulated 8 points from a possible 57, 1 win in 19.

its s a crime, that we are still paying him, probably a big wage, to continue with his job. In the real world, or any other club, he’d have gotten sacked.

At the end of the day, we all pay money, largely for entertainment. We weant to be entertained by the club we’ve invested in. And right nose Bolton couldn’t be further away from an exciting, entertaining club to watch. And that’s also down to the manager