Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
DomRepWanderer

Bolton v Reading

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Was he playing?

If he'd not been playing we lose that 1-0 because nobody else is capable of that cross.  Same with the goal at Bristol in the league.  I'm not saying he's playing at the top of his game but who on earth is going to replace him from our squad? (ruling out Oz as he's apparently too small).

Playing a lone striker isnt an issue if you have couple of attacking midfielders supporting. Which is entirely down to Parky Most teams dont play 442 anymore. 

38 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

He put in the only good cross of the night when we equalised. 

He was anonymous for the rest of the game. 

Apart from the only decent shot of the 1st half which involved beating men initially.  Beat men a few times throughout the game and passed crisply and to feet, often trying to get Donaldson away who was incapable of controlling the passes.  I'm not trying to be an Ameobi apologist, I want him to get that 2nd half shot on target instead of into the North Stand and yes he miscontrolled the pass of the night from Connell, but he is miles above anyone in our squad for composure, control, beating a man as if he's not there and passing to feet.  He was also asked to play right back after the Pole went off and stuck to his task and still created a goal.  The alternative wingers are Buckley and Wildshcut, now we are talking bad players.

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Also - anyone thinking that Oztumer wouldn’t improve that bag of shit is deluded. He has a first touch and can pass a ball, that alone makes him better than 80% of the starting line up.

But Parky has fallen out with him, just like he does with others. Maybe if he’s still with us in April he’ll get a few games, just as Murphy has suddenly come in to favour after not being good enough for 3 months.

Agreed.  How Oz couldn't get on the bench tonight is anyone's guess, I mean under what circumstance would Murphy have come on and how would that have helped?  Its bloody annoying that PP can make mistakes now (letting Oz go if he can manage it like he did with ALF) that will impact on next season in Div 1 whether he's the manager or not.

Just now, Eddie said:

His first thought is to worry about the opponent in EVERY match, fair enough away at Leeds and Sheff Utd etc. but we were at home to a side 1 point and 1 place above us.

We made them look like Barca, we gave them room and didn’t pressurise them, we pressed in ones and twos, the wingers played as full backs in a back 6, the centre mids played 5 yards in front of the back 6. Reading gave us loads of chances to nick the ball whilst they were pissing about with it and break quickly, but as soon as Connell/Lowe/Ameobi won the ball back they had to go backwards because they only had that cart horse up front with no other bolton player within 50 yards.

The players look bored, imagine setting up like that every game. I slate Ameobi because he looks like he doesn’t give a fuck but he must be fuming every game that he has to basically do everything himself. He’s drained any life and any confidence out of all the players. Simple things that don’t need a great amount of ability (set pieces, work rate, shape) are all shite, we should be running more than any team to make up for lack of ability, we may as well not bother taking corners and free kicks.

It’s shite, he buries his head in the sand, blames everything he can think of other than himself, moans about money every game yet there is never one suggestion that he has tried to improve anything from one week to the next, it’s just the same shit.

We need to get rid whilst we’re still in touching distance. A new man would still have a limited squad but with some confidence and improvements in the basics we can stay up. If we keep him though we may as well call it a day now and figure out how we survive with £5m less revenue in league one next year.

Excellent post spot on 

10 hours ago, HomerJay said:

Don't go then. Sorted.

I ain't season ticket stays in the cupboard until parky fucks off !

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

never a pen

That's an absolute joke of a pen, but i can see why the Ref bought it when viewed from behind , plus he really wanted buy it.

If they hadn't scored the pen i doubt we would have scored,so it would probably have ended up 0-0

What's happening at our club is truly awful,It's like the death of a friend.

I've always stuck by Parky,but his football is shocking to watch and he's tactically inept.

It's time to get a new face in and start again.

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Donaldson sums up the whole team at the minute he gives his all but isn't good enough.

A striker whose first thought in front of goal is to pass is not a striker.

Parky sets the team up all wrong IMO and picks the wrong players, but he can't be held accountable for professional footballers not being able to control a pass / make a pass / cross a ball beyond the first defender etc etc

From top to bottom, changes need making.

During Morinho's later stages it was widely suggested that the players weren't playing for him. New manager's start seems to confirm this.

I wonder if our players have stopped playing for Parky.

I never get that impression with our lot.  With United they seem to attract players with attitude problems like Pogba and Lakaku that have a big influence.  Of our main first team players I only see players running through brick walls for the team (or for themselves) - eg Noone, Donaldson, whichever defenders are picked always put a massive shift in and of course Lowe and O'Neill can never be questioned in that respect.  I'd love to say he's lost the dressing room but of those he's picked he clearly hasn't, we'd be shipping goals otherwise instead of battling to stay in every game bar Hull till the last minutes.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

During Morinho's later stages it was widely suggested that the players weren't playing for him. New manager's start seems to confirm this.

Whichever way, they'd be better for a better, more inspiring manager.

I like Donaldson’s method of controlling the ball as a lone striker. 

Just let it twat into some random body part and see where it lands. 

Innovative. 

Edited by mickbrown

Donaldson is fucking wank. First half kick our from Matthews and he doesn’t read it or react, second half cross in from the left and he could have at least attempted to get on it with a short run, instead he was like a statue. 

No anticipation and no reading of the game and weak as piss the shit cunt.

Donaldson you shit cunt, if your reading this your a shit cunt.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've not missed a league game at this stadium and I am absolutely certain that was by some distance the lowest league crowd.

From those ITK it was 5900.

Just read Parkys match report I must have been at a different ground and match her so deluded and yet again the mention of millions spent on players.

In a masochistic way I enjoyed Donaldson attempting a five yard pass last night and instead of it going where it should have it ended up with him on his arse and the ball about ten feet from the nearest white shirt.

Just now, Kane57 said:

In a masochistic way I enjoyed Donaldson attempting a five yard pass last night and instead of it going where it should have it ended up with him on his arse and the ball about ten feet from the nearest white shirt.

That was just fucking embarrassing. 

Does he attend the game hoping not to have to actually play for fear of being found out?

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Stopped playing? Have they really started this season :rofl:

8 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ok aside from 2 or 3 performances in league 1 over the course of probably 100 games if not more it’s dross 

we then sold the biggest factor in that style of play working and what does he do? Nothing 

he’s not changed the style hasn’t changed he’s not modified anything when every man and his dog can see it doesn’t work

his idea of change is replacing 1 big shit lump up top for another one. The only time we played 2 up there and 2 wingers on their correct sides we scored fucking 5!!! 

He said at the beginning of the season the squad this year had much more quality. Well he’s negating any further quality these players have because they’re never on the fucking ball. 

I could run around for 90 mins chasing people down and leathering the ball 50 yard down the pitch for a tenth of what our lads are on. But it’s not their fault it’s that fucking dinosaurs 

Dinosaur is right mate.......he's nothing but a Sunday league manager and belongs somewhere between 1970 - 1980!

He keeps saying how proud he is of the effort the players are putting in??

Surely that should be a given for any professional player!!

The body language of the players tells me they aren't very impressed by him

Anyone notice Wheater throwing his top into crowd last night.....any relevance?

7 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Cas, absolutely no problem with matching the opposition for numbers in the middle

long gone are the days of 4-4-2 because that would just be suicide against teams who have an extra man AND want to keep the ball and play. Lowe & Murphy in there (as an example) would be torn to ribbons

but, what other teams do which we / Parky is petrified of doing is giving any one of those midfielders the job or even the belief to go and support. The gap between our back 4 and midfield is about 10 yard. Between our midfield and striker is about 50. How the fuck does anyone expect any other outcome than what we’re seeing? And that command comes from Parkinson only! 

Even the wide men play so narrow it’s crying out for Taylor to have some balls and get down the line on the overlap. But again he’s petrified. Because, ‘if’ we lose the ball then we’re exposed. It’s all about containing, not giving space, being compact etc 

2 problems with that is, 1) we aren’t good enough to do that and 2) it causes us to be completely impotent going forward 

It also empties the fucking stadium.

Literally every home game I’ve seen this season, last season, and even most matches in League 1, against shocking teams like Chesterfield, they would come to our place, in front of all the home supporters, and they would outplay us. 

Its extremely rare to see Bolton, even at home, dominate a game, press, and outpass the opponents. The majority of times where we have won, it’s where we have won 1-0, through a flukey  goal, ie a desperate punt up front, and feeding on the scraps, or amoebi wonder goal (last year mainly). And everything to do with the game is forgotten, as our fans will be happy. And anyone that complains, gets annihilated by the rest, because we won, meaning we played well.

Its what irrates me the most about Parky.

It doesn’t cost any money, to on the training ground, tell the defenders to pass the ball instead of taking it the easy way out, and lumping it every goddamn time. You’re all professionals, have some goddamn composure at this level. It isn’t hard, to ask the fullbacks, to go as wide as possible from goal kicks, to short pass, and build from the back, which every team does except us. It isn’t hard, to ask to demand from the players, more pressure, and not just set up camp in our own half.

Its simple things like these, I’m obviously nowhere near a professional manager, but Parky is, and he hasn’t  demonstrated more than 1 effective tactic, during the match. So, he then deflects it every time, so nobody remembers, and will highlight in the media, that it’s the squad value of other teams, that it’s the poor refereeing, that it’s a toxic atmosphere from the fans. ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES.

Yes, yesterday, it wasn’t a penalty, but that was 1 minute in the whole 94, how did we play in the other 93, how was our possession, how was our pressing, how was our solidity, how was our attacking ability, our pass accuracy, our shots on goal?

Complete, and utter wank. 

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Thought that for ages.