Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Reading

DomRepWanderer

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Plus how does Pritchard feel coming on to that? Shithouses.

Imagine if PP had left him on and then he broke down on 85 minutes. He's 17 FFS and playing his second game in 5 days.

We weren't good tonight, I thought they played nearly all the football, but all the booing definitely didn't help in the minutes after he was subbed

Then we concede a penalty and it's cos Connell went off

Anyway, it's cowd and bedtime

Anyone but Parkinson please. This club is dying, it needs something new, anything. I don’t even care if we lose 2-4, just something different. 34% possession, at home again, against 22nd in the league TWENTY-SECOND. Our fans have just accepted it, and been incredibly patient, but surely we don’t any more evidence that tactically, Parky is completely incapable st this level. We have had some terrible managers recently, but Parky has been without a doubt the most negative manager. Yes, he’s been unlucky, as he has had an absolute shit storm on his plate, and I respect the job he’s had on his hands.

However, this has also been a blessing for him, as all issues off the field with the chairman etc, has completely disguised the terrible job Parky has been doing. If it was any other club, Parky would have gone a long, long, time ago. 

1 win, in 19! And it was against Rotherham. 8 points out of a possible 57 points!How can anyone continue to defend him!? 

He’s a professional manager, who gets paid to do a job, a job which he is completely failing to do, he controls the team, selects the tactics, trains the players. Yes, our financial issues, but our finances shouldn’t be making us play the most atrocious excuse of football, 30% possession at home to relegation teams, negative tactics.

And the worse thing is, is that he will blame anything, or anyone, rather than himself, as the reason for his failings. How many times, have we lost, because the other team had a 10 million striker, or that our finances, or today, he even blamed his own supporters for causing a negative atmosphere.

Can you blame the supporters for a negative atmosphere? Protests against owner, high ticket prices, worst football in the league, no excitement, no certainty about he clubs future, poor conditions. Yet he’s shocked by a few fans moaning and groaning about a substitution, comical, if it was at any other European club, there would have been flares on the pitch, and much more violent protestors, than a couple of kids shouting outside the ground, 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I used to look forward to match days now I really can't be arsed I can put up with the mess behind the scenes but I pay my money to watch a good game of football well this moron in change as ruined that for me.

Don't go then. Sorted.

16 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Please go now, the fans are getting vocal it will turn very sour 

We are simply carrying ameobi now he’s gone 

it’s over now 

Eh? Gone compared to who? Aside from Connell he's the only reason to retain an ounce of optimism of creating a chance.

Deserved nowt from that. Very very  lucky to come away with a point.

Every single player of theirs was a better footballer than ours.

Christ, even their keeper was more comfortable on the ball that a good 90% of our players.

Parky taking Connell off reminded me of Megson against Hull - the moment he lost a fair few folk.

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Meanwhile, in what I can only presume is an alternate universe, Stephen Dobbie scores his 37th goal of the season tonight. 

Another player massively underused and/or played out of position (by Lennon). Nearly always made something happen in his 10 minutes on the pitch, whether an assist or pen or free kick or goal. Another proper goalscorer like ALF, Oz and even Clough that just can't get picked as a striker because of the likes of Heskey, Madine and McGennis, criminal.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Eh? Gone compared to who? Aside from Connell he's the only reason to retain an ounce of optimism of creating a chance.

I thought that, and then when he came on on Friday, the commentator described him as 'three-goal Sammy Ameobi', which made me realise that the bad has really outweighed the good this season.

Dropping him would make us even more unwatchable though, if such a thing is imaginable.

All I’ll say again is, 1 win in 19.

8 points from 57. Case closed, Parky needs to go, no excuses.

And don’t give me that, oh who will replace him bollocks. Are you really telling me it could get worse than sitting in a an empty stadium, watching 30% possession at home and not managing more than 1 goal a game. Literally, the worst football on the planet. 

You can’t even make an argument saying we need the results, not the style of football either, because Parky’s football is quite unique, it’s shite, negative and ineffective. Seasons done, bring a new face in even if it’s a David Lee, brighten up the place. I hate to compare with United as it is silly, but this club could do with its own Solskjaer treatment. It’s all we can try and do, as we can’t make signings, we can’t  get new owners in. We all paid for our season tickets, and at least it would be a bigger incentive to watch the rest of the season. 

Just now, Kane57 said:

Ameobi has been no better than the ones marked out as being proper shit like Buckley and Lowe

I'll agree to differ. And Lowe isn't shit, I like his attitude and tackling. Buckley, my God he's poor. Ameobi streets above our lot for ability and shots on targets and assists.

Just now, Lostock Whites said:

All I’ll say again is, 1 win in 19.

8 points from 57. Case closed, Parky needs to go, no excuses.

And don’t give me that, oh who will replace him bollocks. Are you really telling me it could get worse than sitting in a an empty stadium, watching 30% possession at home and not managing more than 1 goal a game. Literally, the worst football on the planet. 

You can’t even make an argument saying we need the results, not the style of football either, because Parky’s football is quite unique, it’s shite, negative and ineffective. Seasons done, bring a new face in even if it’s a David Lee, brighten up the place. I hate to compare with United as it is silly, but this club could do with its own Solskjaer treatment. It’s all we can try and do, as we can’t make signings, we can’t  get new owners in. We all paid for our season tickets, and at least it would be a bigger incentive to watch the rest of the season. 

You're right - we need a change

I'm bored shitless at this point - literally any fucker else will do at the moment.

Just now, Tombwfc said:

I thought that, and then when he came on on Friday, the commentator described him as 'three-goal Sammy Ameobi', which made me realise that the bad has really outweighed the good this season.

Dropping him would make us even more unwatchable though, if such a thing is imaginable.

Agree on that, not saying he's ripped up trees but 3 goals plus assists plus shots on targets plus countless quality dribbles and passes...it beggars belief some would prefer Murphy or Buckley.