Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cars. The hassle begins

Spider

• Members
9 hours ago, Spider said:

My missus had a car one one of those "give it back after 3 years" deals.

It's due back in a few weeks.

Were going  to sell it and pay the remaining amount instead as we'll probably end up with some spare cash. So, all good there.

Now, who's best to use for a similar deal? I'm not using Fiat again as they're a tub and bucket shower of fucking retards.

Anyone on here do this for a living or had a good experience with a broker/dealer?

We've got a monthly budget and she has a rough idea which car she wants. Well, she does after I pointed out that if she wants a Range Rover she'll have to go on the game.

Thanks in advance.

I would have thought that, as the end of the world is coming at the end of March, you'd be holding off?

We got the Mrs a new car nearly 2 years back, went round all the dealers just after the new reg came out asking what new cars they had immediately available with a big discount 

Dealers have targets set by the manufacturer so they can register a load of cars before the reg changes to hit their bonus then sell them off at cost 

We got a Renault Kadjar list price £23k (inc servicing pack) for £16k. Put it on a 5 year loan with HSBC at 3% (£250 a month). 2 years on and it’s still worth circa £14k according to Auto Trader 

They make a shit load out of these PCP deals as well, we played it like we would take their finance deal to drive the price down then switched to a personal loan near the end to save money that way 

P.s Carwow is a fantastic web site 

Edited by birch-chorley

If you are buying used get it before end of month. Best deals to be had then as sales managers just want them out the door to get their sales figures up. I work in a prep centre in a big car supermarket and it’s my busiest time month end.