Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new wave of kids names

Underpants

55 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, but Gypsy Angel? Give me a break. Sounds like a racehorse.

Anyway, there's a lot about this story that makes me shake my head in despair.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17383375.mums-fury-after-six-year-old-daughter-was-allowed-to-leave-school-alone/

Look at the fucking state of her.

• Site Supporter

My daughter works in River Island - endless stories of chavvy behaviour. Pissing in the changing rooms (female), stalkers  etc. There was a girl in the other day whose two daughters were called Precious & Destiny...

10 minutes ago, Steejay said:

My daughter works in River Island - endless stories of chavvy behaviour. Pissing in the changing rooms (female), stalkers  etc. There was a girl in the other day whose two daughters were called Precious & Destiny...

Sound candidates for teenage pregnancy

got to feel sorry for Destiny’s child....Beyoncé?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Steejay said:

The kids were running riot, jumping over the mannequins etc & the Mum was shouting 'Precious, Precious' - like a scene from Lord of the Rings!!!

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Anyone who's worked in retail has plenty of tales like this, worked for New look for a year about 15yrs ago and plenty of times there was piss or a dump in the changing room. Smackrats tried nicking the display at index whilst i was putting it together. grown men scrapping over Furby's, blokes trying to jump the counter to get a female staff because they wouldnt give them a refund

Working in retail created my life view that the general public is a bunch of cunts.

• Members

We recently had some ferals chained to trees around here trying to stop some new freeway entries being constructed to relieve some serious congestion through a suburb called Leeming (colloquially known as Lee Ming due to the number of S E Asian people who live there. Sickening isn't it?). Summat to do with disturbing the edge of some wetlands and potentially destroying the habitat of some rare newt or other.

Hypocritical fuckers turned up in a hand painted green ancient charabanc spewing out clouds of black diesel smoke! I'll wager they have found a way to get an agricultural licence so they can get diesel at half the price. Pitched their tents and then proceeded to chain a few of their number to trees which needed to come down.

Trying to find link to the article but it was in only a local free press paper so struggling. One 'chainee' was supposedly called 'Windlark'. His son and daughter were called Peanut and Egg respectively. Yes, I agree. A licence should have to be granted before you can have children.

• Site Supporter

When do i roll my sleeves up and start on this one...

the names thing..

the "news" story and all that I can spot wrong with it

The general public thing

Or working with kids and the things they do...

I could be here all day with stories, granted it would get back to the boss somehow and i'd be sacked before the end of the week.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

When do i roll my sleeves up and start on this one...

the names thing..

the "news" story and all that I can spot wrong with it

The general public thing

Or working with kids and the things they do...

I could be here all day with stories, granted it would get back to the boss somehow and i'd be sacked before the end of the week.

Much respect to you mate, I honestly don’t know how you can do it for a sustained period of time.:hi:I did the teacher training thing many years ago and I knew on my final teaching practice that I didn’t have the patience to make it a career. Things have progressively become more difficult for you guys over time.

• Site Supporter

I love it, honestly do.. Had a bad time in 2017 with my head being all over the place.. but i'm through it and really enjoy it..

Going back full time and dropping my carpet cleaning job in April,  I don't half see some things and hear some things, been told more than once that i'm a "glorified baby sitter".. I went for an interview at BSCA last year and didn't make it to interview stage (you have a pupil panel, written task and lesson observation before interview), bit i'd happily apply again there.. Fantastic school, the head has a vision for what she hopes to achieve and it's going to be a rough slog for her.

The results don't reflect the work done, no teacher sets out to fail with kids, and you can't measure a kids development solely by exam results (there... I said it). 

The kid was there at 5pm, it's tea club and very late on for tea club for a 6 year old.. The woman came from 'near home', so unless she was lucky, means that she's more than likely at a friends house and using the school as childcare.. Kid has escaped.. doesn't matter if she's six, if she want's to leave she will find a way, and you know that if she was physically kept in school the news story would be a different one..

It's a mistake, things happen and the school isn't 100% blameless, but it's a triangle of education, parent:kid:school, 

Not a fan of that name though.

16 hours ago, Steejay said:

The kids were running riot, jumping over the mannequins etc & the Mum was shouting 'Precious, Precious' - like a scene from Lord of the Rings!!!

Pure