Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next season

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, darrener said:

The reason Hall won't be getting a game anytime soon is nothing to do with not being ready its because he's not a big lump. A bit like le fondre he couldn't fit him into his shitty style of play. I wouldn't be giving him any cash for a new striker if I was Ken he'd only be sat on the bench for a couple of months. 

Did anybody on here see him at Accie? TBH if he’s any good he would surely have got more starts there. If he’s not ready for Accie then he’s not ready for our division, even if we don’t have many other options.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

if PP is still in charge next season i think there will be less than 6k  season tickets sold

Andersons big mistake , not sacking parkinson at the end of last season

no chairman in the land was sacking PP after last season, considering our circumstances.

and this season PP started well...

given the choice, i'd get rid tomorrow, but only if i had a plan b.

3 hours ago, HomerJay said:

no chairman in the land was sacking PP after last season, considering our circumstances.

Course they would 

We won three of our first four games. And only won two since. Look at the stats as to how many games we've won from being a goal down 

Bar the top prem teams who can source a manager before they sack the current one, the majority of teams don't have a plan b 

10 hours ago, HomerJay said:

As much as I agree about nobody going to sack him after forest it’s mental how people ignore the fact we were awful and the luckiest team ever to survive. His stubbornness and bizarre team selection nearly cost us dear. 

Ok let me reword it - despite the circumstances it wasn't anything to celebrate or be especially proud of. 

Had things gone South against forest his team choices that day would've provoked more discussion that Freedman did when he picked Hall vs Blackpool

5 hours ago, Big E said:

As much as I agree about nobody going to sack him after forest it’s mental how people ignore the fact we were awful and the luckiest team ever to survive. His stubbornness and bizarre team selection nearly cost us dear. 

I think the luckiest team ever to survive was Liverpool in Div 1 in 1908-09.

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Since Upper tier tickets are more expensive due to the better view why not shut the lower tiers

Modern stadiums don’t have better views certainly not warranting the difference never got that 

anyhow it really won’t be worth having all areas open for league one especially with Parkinson at the helm