Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dickheads/Oddballs who sit near you

Kane57

Realised I've never started a thread here.

Anyway, expecting a fucking raft of 'you' answers, but here are mine. ESL near halfway 

1) Shouty kid. Probably started hearing him a couple of years ago. He's about 14 and goes, seemingly, on his own. Anyway, his language is fucking excellent and I've learn many a new swear word from him.

2) Creepy bastard. Sat next to me for years and would always rest his hand on my seat when I stood up. Challenged him when I got a bit older and he said he was sorry then wasn't there the next game. I've seen him at the game since and he's kept his head down. Weirdo.

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Absolute factsman next to me, we'll be on the attack, everyone stood up shouting go on! He'll grab you and go MANSFIELD HAVE JUST EQUALISED AT CRAWLEY total mess of a lad.

Drives me mad that. I moved my season ticket in WSL closer to the half way line when my lad went to Uni to be nearer some of my mates. All I could hear from the row behind all game was 'Doncaster have just equalised' and every other score I didn't give a shit about. Why can't they just watch the effing game in front of them.

After 3 games I moved back to where I was before.

NSL, right at the back and right behind the goal. I dare say I’d get a few nominations if anyone browses here who sits near me.

Besides, similar to the original post, got a tremendously angry young lad, 14-15 year old, a few seats along from us. He’ll chill out with age and admittedly I was probably the same at his age. 

Bloke a few rows in front had a HUGE vendetta against Pratley. Didn’t even celebrate the goal on the odd occasion that he scored. Not heard a peep out of him since he left but at least he’s still turning up I suppose. 

Other half sits elsewhere in NSL with her mates and has oft-mentioned smelly long-haired bastard sat in front of her. I’m grateful for small mercies in that regard, even when it means being sat behind medwaywhite :D 

There's always an empty seat next to me. Was the same all last season bar the forest game. Bloke sits in it and i mention it to him. He tells me that he's had the ST for two years but watches the game on the concourse with his mates. 

Weirdo

20 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

There's always an empty seat next to me. Was the same all last season bar the forest game. Bloke sits in it and i mention it to him. He tells me that he's had the ST for two years but watches the game on the concourse with his mates. 

Weirdo

You’ve obviously never frequented the ESLSC? There are members of the concourse loyal pushing 10 years 

but in answer to your question - Gonzo. Alls that needs to be said 

2 hours ago, Walkden White said:

Drives me mad that. I moved my season ticket in WSL closer to the half way line when my lad went to Uni to be nearer some of my mates. All I could hear from the row behind all game was 'Doncaster have just equalised' and every other score I didn't give a shit about. Why can't they just watch the effing game in front of them.

After 3 games I moved back to where I was before.

Yep, bloke in front of me, all he does is parrot scores out of totally unrelated games, all match.

we need to help ourselves is all I keep mumbling !!

• Moderators

Got a couple of dads who bring their 10ish year old lads

The dads spend most of the match calling the ref a fucking cunt, telling ours to break their fucking legs, all that type of banter

So do the kids

They all have a right laugh about it

45 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Frank Spencer used to have Mr Angry near him I think... He'll be along soon to tell the story hopefully

There’s a proper Mr Angry in ESL right near the front between the pen box and half way line on the south side.

massive head and he goes really red screaming at the officials and opposition every match

Used to spend half my time from front row of ESU watching him for great entertainment 

speaking of which, whilst we were up there E had a regular spat with one of our “neighbours”.....

22 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Not quiet what you are looking for but we had that massive lefty Derek Hatton sat next to us in the Manny Rd stand during an Everton match. Him and his mates never came back after half-time. Can't think why.

I remember that, me and a few mates were sat nearby in the MRN - it was sweet, i never could stand the turd.

I miss those Manny Road North days.

44 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

There’s a proper Mr Angry in ESL right near the front between the pen box and half way line on the south side.

massive head and he goes really red screaming at the officials and opposition every match

How is Big E these days? :D

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Frank Spencer used to have Mr Angry near him I think... He'll be along soon to tell the story hopefully

I miss him. Every player was shit, the manager was a cunt then in the next breath he was slagging off the fans for not backing the team. Just a constant stream of blue language. Tried fighting my dad after my dad told him to shut up. (although that happened again the other week with another bod) 

He got banned for using various isms during lennons reign after the club must've had complaints about him. 

Half time a few years ago....... just looking at a normal middle aged bloke having a coffee....as you do!

Anyway...."who let the dogs out" song comes on the tannoy......previously 'normal' looking bloke then starts shouting at top of his voice "who who who who"......then goes back to drinking his fucking coffee as if it was totally acceptable behaviour.......the wierd fucker!!!!!!