Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dickheads/Oddballs who sit near you

Kane57

When I used to be in the ESL corner there was a big lad who used to turn up wearing our fluorescent goal keeper tops every game. He'd just spend all game giving away fans grief. 

Played Liverpool one time and he went down to the concourse midway through the first half. Half the Liverpool fans started chanting "he's only gone for a burger". 

Not seen him since. 

Moaning old cunt 2 rows behind and lad about 18 that thinks he’s a comedian in ESL. Used to shout Wilson in a Tom Hanks Castaway style every time Lawrie Wilson was in earshot. Wilson actually used to smile and think ffs not again. He’s never shouted it to Mark Wilson yet. 

Had a bloke a few rows behind me in the North lower who turned up with his young lad each week. "He's effing dog s*ht!" was his regular shout at Matt Mills and that was the milder stuff. 

We moved a bit further away a few seasons ago and then saw his pic in the BN after he'd been banned. Folk around us now are all pretty sound

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Had a bloke a few rows behind me in the North lower who turned up with his young lad each week. "He's effing dog s*ht!" was his regular shout at Matt Mills and that was the milder stuff. 

We moved a bit further away a few seasons ago and then saw his pic in the BN after he'd been banned. Folk around us now are all pretty sound

Probably the se Mr Angry as me then. 

My favourite shout of his was to Norwich who he told to 'fuck off back to the west Country you inbred cunts' 

There’s a strange one a few rows down from me. Old bloke wearing 3 scarves and a flag round his shoulders at all times and a baseball cap with about 100 different BWFC badges on it. Bit eccentric but always shows passion to fair fucks to him. 

18 minutes ago, Naytch said:

There’s a strange one a few rows down from me. Old bloke wearing 3 scarves and a flag round his shoulders at all times and a baseball cap with about 100 different BWFC badges on it. Bit eccentric but always shows passion to fair fucks to him. 

ESL? Wears jam jar specs?

I have a young bloke in front of me who gets incredibly worked up, punching and slamming the seat in front of him. He doesn't bother anyone else although the lass with him tends to look a bit embarrassed.  As you say, fair play for showing a bit of passion 

• Site Supporter

owd chap behind. obviously never kicked a ball in his life as he expects every player to be world class.

he is the most negative person ive ever had the please to listen to, and ironically i constantly moans at our negativity.

• EVERY pass backwards is a moan,
  • playing one striker is a moan,
  • not having an man up front for defending corners is a moan, 
  • booting it forward is a moan
  • passing across the back line is a moan

i dont think ive ever heard anything positive come from his mouth.

13 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

owd chap behind. obviously never kicked a ball in his life as he expects every player to be world class.

he is the most negative person ive ever had the please to listen to, and ironically i constantly moans at our negativity.

He is probably right though; PP tactics every one of them

30 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

That sounds like half of the LOV. 

Always one scapegoat per game too. 

2 hours ago, Naytch said:

Flag man. 

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

Got one just like that behind me in ESL. He couldn't stand Pratley and pronounced it 'Prackley'. 

Just remembered a chap who does something that really grates. He adds a superfluous 'the' to the "We are the one and only Wanderers" song.

By about the 3rd time I heard him sing "We are the one and the only Wanderers" I was ready to punch his lights out. I've no idea why it bothers me so much

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Just remembered a chap who does something that really grates. He adds a superfluous 'the' to the "We are the one and only Wanderers" song.

By about the 3rd time I heard him sing "We are the one and the only Wanderers" I was ready to punch his lights out. I've no idea why it bothers me so much

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Erm I've always sang "We are the one and the only Wanderers", since like 1995. The song may have envolved now but that's how it used to be.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Me too. I'm worried it might be me :)

Me three. If anything, We are is normally contracted to We're but "the" is definitely included in the way I and those around me sing it so maybe Duck Egg is the one swimming against the flow here.
If we're talking about songs evolving though, I'm fairly sure that the song; "And it's Bol-ton Wand'rers. Bol-ton Wand'rers F C...

The next line has now become "We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

It used to be "We're by far the greatest, the world has ever seen.

Back to thread though. My family and I spent a season in NSL when it was being marketed as the singing section. We sat just in front of the family from hell who would spend the match shouting "Offside ref!" even if the action was in the opposite half. I used to ask, "How the hell can you get such a great view of the offside from here whilst I am absolutely clueless about it?" Aggravated me to fuck. But not as much as the big-mouthed know-it-all who sits behind us now in the WSL. I've yet to hear him say anything at all in a positive way. I get that we're a bit shit at the moment but there are moments of reasonable play but he doesn't say a word.