Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Takeover will go ahead  

folk need to calm the fuck down. 

Club is skint. Sweaty doesnt have the funds to keep us going. It’s why he’s selling it. This is what we all thought would happen wages going unpaid again none of this is a surprise so why act like it is??

Wish folk would just fuck right off with the doom and gloom  

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Spot on there. Mrs Manc worked for Citilink. Worked right up until late on Xmas Eve and on Xmas Day suddenly found out they'd gone bust. Owed thousands in salary, expenses, pension, etc and got fuck all back

Feel massively sorry for staff at BWFC but at the moment there's still hope. A deal is on the table so let's wait and see. The Twittermongs/local press/etc need to hold fire for the moment but won't as there's shit that can be stirred up aplenty 

I lost thousands when CityLink when bump. I was a franchise holder.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Takeover will go ahead  

folk need to calm the fuck down. 

Club is skint. Sweaty doesnt have the funds to keep us going. It’s why he’s selling it. This is what we all thought would happen wages going unpaid again none of this is a surprise so why act like it is??

Wish folk would just fuck right off with the doom and gloom  

Doom and gloom! Yep, it's all rosy here.

I'm sure it will work out fine, in the main, it usually does. But there's no real excuse for not paying people, and not having the decency to warn them in advance, or speak to them at all.

Not quite sure where in that I said it was ok???

i said let’s stop the hysteria. 

Hes an utter cunt for not paying people. 100%. But nobody can say we didn’t expect their to be some sort of hitch with wages so why all the faux shock 

Edited by Escobarp

14 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

You’d imagine that they take the money and pass onto Bwfc less the transaction fees, in a similar way as card processing companies do 

No idea how it works. I pay my card machine supplier by direct debit. If I stopped the DD they probably wouldn’t process any payments. 

Edited by Boby Brno

16 minutes ago, embankment said:

Ken knocked on, asked for my £30 . 

" if the supporters trust can blag a tenner of gullible folk , i can collect season ticket payments by hand "

Remember to be loud and proud !!!!

He's doing the rounds with Lee in a motorbike and side car. They look like a bad Wallace and Gromit.

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Cheers for the heads up lads, I won't be answering the door today, everyone will be treated as a Jehovah Witness

And what are Jehovah’s Witnesses?

I'm not sticking up for Ken, here.

Staff should have been paid on time if possible, but to suggest they weren't warned just isn't true, I'm afraid.

Whether you consider they had ample warning is a separate issue, but if a local journalist (whose name is an anagram of miracles) knew on Tuesday evening about a non-payment on Thursday, the staff must have known earlier.

Otherwise how did the story become public?

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Staff should have been paid on time if possible, but to suggest they weren't warned just isn't true, I'm afraid.

Whether you consider they had ample warning is a separate issue, but if a local journalist (whose name is an anagram of miracles) knew on Tuesday evening about a non-payment on Thursday, the staff must have known earlier.

Sensible and plausible non sensationalised headline grabbing thoughts are not welcomed any longer on here. Can you respect this please 

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

Did he know or was he speculating? 

Iles revelling in the situation is very distasteful. Especially as its clear he hasn't a clue what the reasons behind this are....

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Did he know or was he speculating? 

Probably the latter, although if he's suggested it publicly then the staff would probably have been expecting it.

I'm not saying it's right, though.

I'd also suggest that anyone (not just BWFC employees) who set their mortgage/bills direct debits for their actual pay day or 1 day later need to re-address this. There has been enough banking fuck-ups of late to cause people issues.

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

Probably the latter, although if he's suggested it publicly then the staff would probably have been expecting it.

I'm not saying it's right, though.

I'd also suggest that anyone (not just BWFC employees) who set their mortgage/bills direct debits for their actual pay day or 1 day later need to re-address this. There has been enough banking fuck-ups of late to cause people issues.

Always set mine for middle of the month.

I guess the issue is for staff at the club is - not knowing when they might get paid - since they don't know why they haven't been. I have sympathies.

But Iles guessing and trying to rake muck on twitter does not help that scenario. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Always set mine for middle of the month.

I guess the issue is for staff at the club is - not knowing when they might get paid - since they don't know why they haven't been. I have sympathies.

But Iles guessing and trying to rake muck on twitter does not help that scenario. 

Standard journalism by him though...