Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Not quite sure where in that I said it was ok???

i said let’s stop the hysteria. 

Hes an utter cunt for not paying people. 100%. But nobody can say we didn’t expect their to be some sort of hitch with wages so why all the faux shock 

Bolton Wanderers was incorporated in 1895 which means that ever since then it has not been the obligation of directors, shareholders or owners to pay wages or anything else out of their own pockets.

I am aware of only one person that has to any degree. Six months ago he died having spent £185million supporting the club and  rescuing it for the umpteenth time only days before he died.

His memorial service was held two months later at a far from full Bolton Parish Church.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I'm not sticking up for Ken, here.

Staff should have been paid on time if possible, but to suggest they weren't warned just isn't true, I'm afraid.

Whether you consider they had ample warning is a separate issue, but if a local journalist (whose name is an anagram of miracles) knew on Tuesday evening about a non-payment on Thursday, the staff must have known earlier.

Otherwise how did the story become public?

Where did he say this?

Just looking at his Twitter, he said that the players were told they wouldn't be paid on time on Wednesday night. He then said, when asked, that there was no indication whether this also applied to other staff.

And this from Wednesday's paper...

"Club sources say there has not been any indication internally that pay will be late or affected – but there is legitimate concern that a similar issue could arise to that experienced in 2016 in the midst of the previous takeover."

2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

My Brother-in-law works on them and told me its hard to get a job doing it, he said its very clicky.

On a morning when I once again opened this thread with a degree of trepidation,  thanks for making me laugh!

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Always set mine for middle of the month.

I guess the issue is for staff at the club is - not knowing when they might get paid - since they don't know why they haven't been. I have sympathies.

But Iles guessing and trying to rake muck on twitter does not help that scenario. 

Don’t shoot the messenger 

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

His email to staff (if genuine) ends with "however this delay does now enable me to talk to two other interested parties as well".

Say what now?

If its the one I have seen on Twitter not sure if its genuine or not

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

As I say, if genuine. Is that last line some cack handed way of hurrying up the group already in talks? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaxGreen98/status/1101473668700520448

Possibly, seems quite typical.

That said, pinch salt of salt required- it does confirm a deal is pretty close.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s bollocks surely. Why would he not write to them titled wages. The takeover of the club isn’t the reason the wages haven’t been paid. It just doesnt add up and large pinch of salt taken with this. 

Look at his twitter - a lot of people he follows are Wigan players or Wigan connections

17 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Look at his twitter - a lot of people he follows are Wigan players or Wigan connections

This is one situation where in quite glad to have been taken for a ride by a pie eater.

More disinformation with this club than there is between India and Pakistan.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

As I say, if genuine. Is that last line some cack handed way of hurrying up the group already in talks? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaxGreen98/status/1101473668700520448

so

KA confirms everyone will get paid, at some point, when the deal goes through, if it goes through, and if it doesn't, he's now in talks with two other parties, so we should get taken over at some point, but it could take a while, but once we do, everyone will get paid