Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

9 hours ago, Howardroark said:

Inner Circle, Burnden Leisure and BWFC Athletic FC accounts.

Sorry. Me again Howard. Its still unclear

The last filed Burnden Leisure accounts are made up to 30 June 2017 and say this:

''The Group borrowings are secured by fixed and floating charges over all the assets of the Group.
 Fildraw Limited and the Group entered into an amendment, waiver and restatement agreement that resulted in £5,200,000 being waived. This balance has been written off in the profit and loss account.

The residual facility of £10m remains due to Fildraw Limited. This sum is only payable should certain payments not be made as agreed following the change in ownership in March 2016.''

Its not specific about what the 'certain payments' are.

Fildraw/Moonshift advanced £5m in September 2018 so you appear to have calculated or estimated that approx £7m of the old £10m has been written off with the remainder added to the new loan of £5m. I'm not saying that's incorrect but I cannot see anything in the public domain that shows that to be the case

The Inner Circle file shows a register of charge in favour of Moonshift referring only to a £5million loan facility.

10 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

The most recently filed accounts are to June 2017 

Thats 20 months out of date 

When you say " an overview of their most recent accounts " are we talking draft June 2018 accounts and Management accounts thereafter ? 

The £2 million for Ken - where specifically is that detailed ?

I heard from good sources he had dropped his asking price to £1 million before christmas and more recently would take whatever he could get

Therefore to  say  " KA has put his price on the table, it’s £10M  to buy him out" is potentially wide of the mark  

Where we are now, I'd think Ken would be lucky to get back the £472K he paid to Holdsworth and Quantuma. But I still suspect that consultancy fees were taken out in 2018 of at least £650K (probably more) and that he should be satisfied with that.

I cannot imagine that he'd ever be easy to negotiate with but still feel that his resolve will have been strengthened by the orchestrated campaign against him and his family.

This Howard fella doesn't seem all that different to old George Bower...not saying they are one and the same but the level of authority over what appears to be informed guesswork - is a bit of a red flag to me. 

They start off simply relaying facts with qualifications then stray more into opinion all the while being more and more determined to present everything as "fact". It is like a mask slowly slips...

I'm not doubting the information - but the way it is gradually being presented screams agenda to me. 

• Site Supporter

I think they both (Chriscustodiet and HowardRoark) have an agenda to get certain info into the public. Whether that info is legit or not I really can't be arsed second guessing. It actually wouldn't surprise me if they're colluding with each other. 

16 hours ago, Howardroark said:

For the information of those interested, Basran’s funds come through this company: 

https://www.twentytencapital.com/ 

This is the family firm 

https://www.tafc.com/about-us 

£1.1M profit in last accounts  

Photo of Paul Heathcote on the family firm's website under Great Chef's implying another connection with Basran.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Howard Roark is a fictional character  played by the actor Gary Cooper in the film Fountainhead (Googled). Got to be a fucking Wigan fan.

Howard Roark is a central character of Ayn Rand’s book ‘The Fountainhead’. Honestly, the youth of today.

10 hours ago, royal white said:

As much as a cock Clint is I’m sure he won’t be to upset about getting a name wrong on twatter and they same applies to what’s app groups.

And there’s absolutely no issue with you mentioning his name, I’ve no idea how you have come to that conclusion.

Maybe you are one of the trust lot that Clint has been having a bit of banter with on FB? 

Anyway there’s no argument here I’m happy to read your mixture of facts, links, guesses and assumptions. 

I suspect that you are Clint, given the Royal Marine connection.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Howard

you need to state clearly whether you are Pro or Anti Ken.

A lot of people can’t decide if they hate you or not.😁

Im not pro or anti anybody. I have simply sought to shine a light on the Basran bid as I feel it was misconstrued by a number of parties, including links to stakeholders in the club and/or its debt.

27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think they both (Chriscustodiet and HowardRoark) have an agenda to get certain info into the public. Whether that info is legit or not I really can't be arsed second guessing. It actually wouldn't surprise me if they're colluding with each other. 

No collusion but yes an agenda, an agenda to reveal the true players behind the Basran bid and make clear the implications of the takeover should he achieve this. 

Wouldn’t we all rather have an uncomfortable truth than a comforting lie?

15 hours ago, Howardroark said:

Would you like to know the juicy part? 

One of the investors listed in the link I previously posted is a company called Stonehouse Investment Company..... 

One of 4 directors of Stonehouse is..... Mr Brett William Warburton  

The other Director..... Helen Chambers, a partner at Warings Accountants (Cowgill Holloway).... known sponsor of BWFC. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06293114/officers 

In short, Basran is funded by; in part; Warburton.

Not exactly juicy but Parminder Basran and Brett probably move in the same circles. Brett and Helen Chambers are trustees of the George Warburton Settlement  which owns Stonehouse Investment Co Ltd. Helen is a partner/consultant in Cowgill Holloway, Burnden Leisure's auditors. I expect Brett's still got a few worthless shares in BL. So have a lot of us.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Sorry Micky but all I know about Howard is what I've read on here. My agenda is to get at the truth.

I've never really had the same taste for tripe as some seem to have. I much prefer a bit of meat and don't mind going hunting for it (in a figurative sense)

4 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

Thing is here and I do exept im a bit of a numb nuts on these things,but isn't it a bit reassuring to have people like brett,and helen involved?Or does it make things look a tad sinister overall.

It depends why they are involved, as many of stated here before, the Warburtons have rarely shown any appetite to help the club unless there was something in it for them. Not forgetting that Brett was Gartside’s right hand man through the period that ultimately caused this whole situation.

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

It depends why they are involved, as many of stated here before, the Warburtons have rarely shown any appetite to help the club unless there was something in it for them. Not forgetting that Brett was Gartside’s right hand man through the period that ultimately caused this whole situation.

He's also put money in to bail out the club. Do we know for sure Warburton is involved financially anyway? Seems like another educated guess. 

I’m sure Howard just pointed out the connection? 

I think it’s a valid point though 

The new owner, who nobody had ever heard of previously has Business dealings with a former owner / Director 

It could well be a complete coincidence but then again, likely more to it 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

I’m sure Howard just pointed out the connection? 

I think it’s a valid point though 

The new owner, who nobody had ever heard of previously has Business dealings with a former owner / Director 

It could well be a complete coincidence but then again, likely more to it 

But the connection could be as simple as a tip off via said connections....

I certainly don't think it is necessarily sinister - in fact quite the opposite. 

There are too many unknowns and guesses being taken as fact right now. Very little is known about the Basran bid and whilst the information that has been dug up might give some clues it almost certainly also gives some red herrings.

29 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

Thing is here and I do exept im a bit of a numb nuts on these things,but isn't it a bit reassuring to have people like brett,and helen involved?Or does it make things look a tad sinister overall.

Doesn't make it at all sinister in my book. When the Bank of Eddie Davies stopped dishing out money, Brett came in with £2.5million to help out. It wasn't a gift, it was a secured loan but not a loan that he would have made if he hadn't been a Wanderers supporter. I expect he'd like his money back at some stage .I expect he also would like to see the club get through its present turmoil. I'd be 100% behind him on both counts.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

7 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But the connection could be as simple as a tip off via said connections....

I certainly don't think it is necessarily sinister - in fact quite the opposite. 

There are too many unknowns and guesses being taken as fact right now. Very little is known about the Basran bid and whilst the information that has been dug up might give some clues it almost certainly also gives some red herrings.

Did Howard imply that the connection was sinister? I must have missed that 

The fact is Basran has dealings with Warburton who is heavily involved (with his current debt anyway) 

Given the above I would say it’s safe to assume that Basran has at least discussed his takeover with BW