Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 hours ago, SilentBob said:

That's true, and as mentioned in my other post, it wasn't any attack on you. Was just interesting that your info seemed to be the same/similar but one person is lying and one isn't. At least how it seems from the outside.

Obviously I'm new here so can't say I know the full story of what you've said will be happening in future, but I do try to go back and read through to see if I've missed anything when I have time.

A question I do have that I keep seeing people using to defend Ken Anderson is - didn't ED have an admin fund and would have funded the club to go into admin, rather than liquidation?

Do you still use your magic ring SilentBob? 🧐

9 hours ago, Traf said:

So, its not really Howard I have an issue with per se, but more of the new clientele he's attracting. It's like the old idiot magnet.

Cant the moderators not just block new "members " until this matter is resolved - otherwise might get a lot worse still over the next few days 

That would help 

5 minutes ago, Walshyt said:

Been a member since 2013 but been on here more in the last week than the rest of the time put together. I do come on time to time to read things, but as you can see, don't post very often.

Thinking about it, I must have joined at a similar time to LeadFrog getting his first job brewing up in Canary Wharf

Been a member for a while but I hardly ever post, more of a voyeur.

I've read all the replies in this thread and I still haven't a scooby what's going on.  I would have thought a name would have surfaced by now as some folk can't hold their own water.

Howard seems to know his stuff and the regulars/mods think he's legit. Let's not call him H though as I picture the queer one out of Steps. 

Anyways,  "... this time next week Rodney, we'll be billionaires."

Howard has been ace on here, but as Traf says, the influx of new posters and the repetition of questions is killing this thread.

I get that folk want answers, but the questions have more often than not already been answered if they could be arsed reading back. It's getting tedious as fuck.

Just a note on Basran and my comments related to his ‘funds’. 

His company recently attracted investment of £50M for them to re-invest. £30M came from a government loan, only £20M came from private investors. They claim to be interested in putting £2-£5M into high growth businesses with established management teams..... 

Did they ever really have the £30M required or are they the proverbial ‘Pirelli kickers’?  

https://www.growthbusiness.co.uk/vgc-partners-closes-fund-ii-50m-2556164/

I am new to WW and only heard about its very existence a week or 2 ago and I signed up to give my gratitude to Howard and others for their posts as it gave me reassurance that we weren't about to lose our beloved club. I think it's unfair to solely put it down to the new ones as to why this thread is "dying". Before signing up I read the entire thread and I get that perhaps that some new ones haven't but there are older members who have done exactly the same and asked questions over and over again.

I for one will be sticking around once the shit storm is over

1 hour ago, Howardroark said:

Just a note on Basran and my comments related to his ‘funds’. 

His company recently attracted investment of £50M for them to re-invest. £30M came from a government loan, only £20M came from private investors. They claim to be interested in putting £2-£5M into high growth businesses with established management teams..... 

Did they ever really have the £30M required or are they the proverbial ‘Pirelli kickers’?  

https://www.growthbusiness.co.uk/vgc-partners-closes-fund-ii-50m-2556164/

Doesnt this make it likely Basran was only acting as a front for someone with means? 

6 minutes ago, Pricey said:

I am new to WW and only heard about its very existence a week or 2 ago and I signed up to give my gratitude to Howard and others for their posts as it gave me reassurance that we weren't about to lose our beloved club. I think it's unfair to solely put it down to the new ones as to why this thread is "dying". Before signing up I read the entire thread and I get that perhaps that some new ones haven't but there are older members who have done exactly the same and asked questions over and over again.

I for one will be sticking around once the shit storm is over

Well done , and welcome to the mad house that is WW

Fascinating reading the last 4-5 days posts on this thread, we have had a load of potential new owners from Basran, the Turkish fella to Beckham and Fuller and we’ve gone through some managers as well, Rowett, Clough, Grayson and the holy grail of BSA and Nolan. Sprinkled in between, we have had a Howard and Custard showdown, Howard leaving in a fit of rage and then returning like the bloody messiah and a debate about us being a bigger club than Southampton is.

Also who could forget ‘I have a Master’s degree in Business, don’t you talk down to me’ haha absolutely fantastic.

I feel obliged to thank Howard as many others have. I have had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach over all this shite that’s been going on, and reading Howards posts (whether accurate or not, I guess only time will tell) have helped me feel a lot better about the whole situation, so thanks for that Howard, also did we ever figure out if Howard is a bird?

Finally, I have been visiting this site since I was 16, I visited the site looking for posts about pubs/bars that Wanderers fans would be going to in Munich (remember those good times?) and have dropped by every few weeks since.

I felt obliged to finally register and post as reading the posts on here have cheered me up no end, in contrast to the absolute dread I feel whenever I hear BWFC mentioned. Cheers Fellas, keep up the good work and COYWM!

3 minutes ago, stimmau5 said:

Fascinating reading the last 4-5 days posts on this thread, we have had a load of potential new owners from Basran, the Turkish fella to Beckham and Fuller and we’ve gone through some managers as well, Rowett, Clough, Grayson and the holy grail of BSA and Nolan. Sprinkled in between, we have had a Howard and Custard showdown, Howard leaving in a fit of rage and then returning like the bloody messiah and a debate about us being a bigger club than Southampton is.

Also who could forget ‘I have a Master’s degree in Business, don’t you talk down to me’ haha absolutely fantastic.

I feel obliged to thank Howard as many others have. I have had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach over all this shite that’s been going on, and reading Howards posts (whether accurate or not, I guess only time will tell) have helped me feel a lot better about the whole situation, so thanks for that Howard, also did we ever figure out if Howard is a bird?

Finally, I have been visiting this site since I was 16, I visited the site looking for posts about pubs/bars that Wanderers fans would be going to in Munich (remember those good times?) and have dropped by every few weeks since.

I felt obliged to finally register and post as reading the posts on here have cheered me up no end, in contrast to the absolute dread I feel whenever I hear BWFC mentioned. Cheers Fellas, keep up the good work and COYWM!

👍

4 minutes ago, stimmau5 said:

good statment nothing worse then listening to negative nixon. marclles is fantastic but very quiet.

2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Howard has been ace on here, but as Traf says, the influx of new posters and the repetition of questions is killing this thread.

I get that folk want answers, but the questions have more often than not already been answered if they could be arsed reading back. It's getting tedious as fuck.

Surely the admin team can just delete pointless posts?

New members breathes fresh life into places. Its not a closed shop or members only environment.