Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Maybe the attention Howard gets on here has upset one or two, but there's always the "ignore" button if you don't like it.

No problem with the new posters, but perhaps it would be an idea for them to read the last 40 or so pages of this thread?

It might prevent the bloke/woman having to answer the same questions over and over.

In Howard we trust :D

fuck that, I wouldn't - and it looks like Howard likes answeing questions, so don't blame them

been coming on here long enough miself to be able to skim read posters names, and ignore the ones I don't know to avoid reading the same thing over and over again

6 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

Hasn’t Beckham ditched Fuller from his business?

Not to my knowledge. They jointly own loads of businesses - fashion, booze, football club etc. Fuller used to manage the Spice Girls and financed Posh's fashion empire but I imagine Becks is the only one she's ever asked to pull out.

9 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Possibly, he also implied he wished he didn't bother with the replies he got. I doubt 442 needed the press.

The only mention of DM I can see is someone asking for clues, which people replied 'is that a hint or asking for a message?' So if there was something else I must have missed it.

That was probably the one I saw when I was skimming through his replies.

Still, doesn't make any sense. He says something to get people excited but offers no insight at all and doesn't want to reveal what he knows, but offers a DM to someone asking for clues. 

At least from what I've read in the last few days, Howard actually gives some information about what he knows/thinks, rather than just saying get excited but I'm not telling you anything. 

In respect of today’s scaremongering from Alan Nixon: 

There are no issues with the sale, Ken isn’t holding out for any more from the mystery consortium, his fee has always been the same, don’t forget that come April 2nd he is forced to leave with nothing. What he is doing is trying to find another bidder (I have seen emails to that effect, today).

As to why they are attempting to work with KA over the 14 day notice period as opposed to just waiting it out-  because they really want the club and don’t want to see it go to another bidder who offers KA more money. 

If KA doesn’t go with the mystery consortium then it’s likely his inflated fee will be funded from the pockets of the small creditors who aren’t made whole by a new buyer.

Edited by Howardroark
A

3 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

There are no issues with the sale, Ken isn’t holding out for any more, his fee has always been the same, don’t forget that come April 2nd he is forced to leave with nothing. What he is doing is trying to find another bidder (I have seen emails to that effect, today).

As to why they are attempting to work with KA over the 14 day notice period as opposed to just waiting it out-  because they really want the club and don’t want to see it go to another bidder who offers KA more money. 

If KA doesn’t go with the mystery consortium then it’s likely his inflated fee will be funded from the pockets of the small creditors who aren’t made whole by a new buyer.

sorry if he aint holding out for more money why is he trying to find another bidder and would that be too late with new bidder with court on wednesday.  cheers

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

sorry if he aint holding out for more money why is he trying to find another bidder and would that be too late with new bidder with court on wednesday.  cheers

To get more money?

Doesn't seem he's going to get anything extra from the current lot, so I suppose he can chance his arm elsewhere.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

read h's post again

21 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

There are no issues with the sale, Ken isn’t holding out for any more from the mystery consortium, his fee has always been the same, don’t forget that come April 2nd he is forced to leave with nothing. What he is doing is trying to find another bidder (I have seen emails to that effect, today).

His fee has always been the same but he's been trying to sell up for over a year and still no takers.

Surely his fee is way too high then? 

Just now, Mantra said:

Some breaking news...

An email has been sent to Bolton staff telling them the takeover is expected to be completed within 48 hours and new owner to pay wages on Friday.

Iles has just tweeted it.

Source for anyone that cares: 

Just now, tyldesley_white said:

was the last one also "agreed in principle" ?

Couldn't give you a 100% positive answer, but I know the club released a statement confirming heads of terms were agreed with a buyer last time. And in court last week they also said they'd agreed something with the mystery buyer. 

3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

To me the Iles tweet isnt positive. It is a message to the club staff that  they won't be paid their wages on Friday if the takeover hasn't completed by then.

I thought the same thing. Still no name of buyer but it's agreed. When it breaks down in 2 days and it isn't done, he has a reason to not have the wages ready. I hope I'm wrong, but the timing seems too convenient. The 48 hours takes us to Friday, which you'd imagine is payday considering 31st is a Sunday.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, SilentBob said:

I thought the same thing. Still no name of buyer but it's agreed. When it breaks down in 2 days and it isn't done, he has a reason to not have the wages ready. I hope I'm wrong, but the timing seems too convenient. The 48 hours takes us to Friday, which you'd imagine is payday considering 31st is a Sunday.

What you need to do is cover yourself, so if it does go pearshape you can come back with a "told you so". Sorted

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

To me the Iles tweet isnt positive. It is a message to the club staff that  they won't be paid their wages on Friday if the takeover hasn't completed by then.

Kinell, cheer up.

It suggests they're getting paid, which is clearer than nothing.