Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

17 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

BOLTON. The Bassini move is very much on. Met League yesterday. And about to take a very significant step forward.

In the Telegraph now too. This doesnt sound like throwing something hoping it sticks, does actually sound like he knows something more now. Hoping he is wrong though.

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Absolute bollocks.

Why do you keep saying "your argument saying its a choice between liquidation or Bassini is completely invalid", you made that scenario up in a previous post.

So you're saying I would sell to the raging dickhead? How can you be so sure of that? I'm telling you I wouldn't because there is more to the deal than just cash when it comes to long standing neighbours, friends and conscience.

No I didn't say it was between liquidation or Bassini, I said if it is i'm done with the club so sweep said the comparison when clearly its not just a choice of them two at all as there are more than just Bassini in the race.

I think we all just want and end to the years of turbulence and unrest, so a wealthier owner may or not throw money at the team, but it would be comforting to know they at least have the resources to provide the requisite stability and I don't believe Bassini has that. We are at a crossroads, and I'm not sure how I would feel if we bought into more uncertainty at this crucial point in time.

Bassini has apparently "found" some money, I'm suggesting he must have one huge couch where hejust  checked down the back of it, and found these millions, as am not sure what buyer would want him in a consortium with his checkered record

10 minutes ago, Walshyt said:

In the Telegraph now too. This doesnt sound like throwing something hoping it sticks, does actually sound like he knows something more now. Hoping he is wrong though.

No. It just means the story has legs and journos can keep the story live. Truth can be quite different.

2 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

No. It just means the story has legs and journos can keep the story live. Truth can be quite different.

Aye, hopefully. Its just that he has mainly been bumbling over the last couple of weeks and now he seems confident.

I suppose that as Bassini was only banned from being a Director of a football club for 3 years after he f****** Watford over, and Anderson was banned from holding any Directorship for 9 years, it's technically an improvement.

WTF am I thinking?

Nixon seems confident. IF Nixon is right and that's a big IF then Howard has clearly just been spinning a good tale. 

However, IF Nixon is right then I will give ANY new owner a chance - especially if they have cash to sort out our immediate future. 

IF Nixon is right, the EFL will have ALOT of explaining to do, letting one ex bankrupt own a club and then sell to another. Their whole fit and proper tests will be null and void, and I suspect this would have further ramifications, I guess this is just journo's going off on the wrong tangent

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

IF Nixon is right, the EFL will have ALOT of explaining to do, letting one ex bankrupt own a club and then sell to another. Their whole fit and proper tests will be null and void, and I suspect this would have further ramifications, I guess this is just journo's going off on the wrong tangent

I agree, I think there will be big ruptions in the game if this goes through... 

Just hope it doesnt have legs and they're all jumping on the back of Nixon's article.