Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

That sort of ties in with my point. It's detrimental to their reputation to pursue him publicly, but they're likely to release a statement if they don't get it from what you've said.

I don't understand how pursuing a con artist for debt owed is more detrimental to a reputation than publicly acknowledging you wanted the club but stood back and watched it get liquidated because the owner is a clown. 

The statement would’ve been if Bassini completes before 1630 tomorrow, effectively a message wishing the new owner well, courteous in defeat etc. 

And just to clarify, it’s not walking away, they just couldn’t retake the shares until the 9th or 10th which would be too late, and the likelihood is that between now and them Bassini would’ve completed

4 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

That sort of ties in with my point. It's detrimental to their reputation to pursue him publicly, but they're likely to release a statement if they don't get it from what you've said.

I don't understand how pursuing a con artist for debt owed is more detrimental to a reputation than publicly acknowledging you wanted the club but stood back and watched it get liquidated because the owner is a clown. 

Last paragraph. You will never know who “they” are or were. There hasn’t been any public acknowledgement. The only reference to their existence has been through the discourse on this very thread and perhaps some third party references to it elsewhere. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong but I am beginning suspect when all this is played out no one will be any the wiser who ‘they’ were.

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

As I have said, I don’t know any particulars of addresses and claims or even if it’s legitimately a reason to delay the share transfer. 

What I do know is that there are efforts being made to gain a judgement preventing this from occurring and that does not sit well.

It all sounds like they are walking away Howard, can't blame them this as all been about Ken and what's best for him. I hope he falls on his arse but realistically he'll be walking away with a earner. Thanks for the insight its been interesting if not disappointing 

8 minutes ago, snowball said:

Pretty soon now you are going to have to admit that 'saving' a club in order to destroy it (and making a few million in the process personally) is not a reason to admire sweaty. In fact it shows him clearly to be the utter shithouse we have always known him to be.  As someone else said while he was our cunt it was ok.But that was never going to last and looks like we will find out just how rotten he is in next few days.

Who said they admire him?

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

They predicted KA was corrupted by greed and so agreed to his terms to avoid this situation, that still wasn’t enough, they have no appetite for a court battle.

Howard,

This sudden retraction from the Dark Horse Consortium buying our club seems to be because either;

A) Your using this forum as a platform for prying eyes to try and scare Ken in to accepting their offer or threatening they'll walk away.

B ) Your consortium are sulking because Ken has outwitted them

or

C) They're not willing to offer more to Ken because they see a bargain is to be had here no matter what the initial outlay is.

Which is it?

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

The statement would’ve been if Bassini completes before 1630 tomorrow, effectively a message wishing the new owner well, courteous in defeat etc. 

And just to clarify, it’s not walking away, they just couldn’t retake the shares until the 9th or 10th which would be too late, and the likelihood is that between now and them Bassini would’ve completed

I'm sure everyone appreciates the clarification on that. So, from the other stuff you've said - Ken is currently looking for a judge to give him another week due to claiming he didn't receive the notice?

If he doesn't manage to get that done by close of play tomorrow then the shares will be taken tomorrow as you've always said?

2 minutes ago, wakey said:

They seem very keen to avoid the spotlight.

Genuine (admittedly subjective) question - if we knew details of who your lot were would we be generally elated, happy or a bit disappointed :whistle:

Put it this way, the circles they mix in, you own a PL team, there’s a somewhat romantic link to Bolton and that is literally the only reason they are involved.

24 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

It’s not about them agreeing, it’s about if KA can get a judge to delay it.

So Howard to be clear. Can your bidders reclaim the shares tomorrow yes or no?

If yes, do they have to wait until Wednesday to be certain that it's valid and the judge will make a ruling on it?

If no, do your bidders walk away?

Ta.

EDIT:

Sorry if this has been answered, my thread didn't refresh so I've not seen the posts after this. Going to read now.

EDIT 2:

this answered my question What they won’t do is anything detrimental to their reputation. They wouldn’t seek to go through a public court process with Ken Anderson.

Edited by Mantra

3 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Last paragraph. You will never know who “they” are or were. There hasn’t been any public acknowledgement. The only reference to their existence has been through the discourse on this very thread and perhaps some third party references to it elsewhere. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong but I am beginning suspect when all this is played out no one will be any the wiser who ‘they’ were.

It wouldn’t take you long to find out from the document I uploaded.

3 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Yeah, I go back and forth with it to whether or not I'm buying into it. 

I don't rule anything out really, just take it all with a pinch of salt so I'm decently informed whatever the outcome may be. Doesn't make sense to write anything off cos let's be honest, not a single person would have named Bassini at the beginning of last week. 

1 minute ago, SilentBob said:

I'm sure everyone appreciates the clarification on that. So, from the other stuff you've said - Ken is currently looking for a judge to give him another week due to claiming he didn't receive the notice?

If he doesn't manage to get that done by close of play tomorrow then the shares will be taken tomorrow as you've always said?

Correct AND at any point in the next 7 days KA can choose to accept their offer. That being said, I don’t think anybody would blame them if they dropped his fee a bit.

Just now, Okocha10 said:

@HowardroarkJudges such just throw the book at Anderson if he ask’s them to delay the transfering of the shares, surely they should see through with what’s he’s doing now & look at his past history. 

He’s making a request on a technical point. It’s like when they put the wrong date on a parking ticket 

Just now, Howardroark said:

Correct AND at any point in the next 7 days KA can choose to accept their offer. That being said, I don’t think anybody would blame them if they dropped his fee a bit.

Sounds good.

So just to make sure again, if he can't find a judge and they kick him out tomorrow, he'll have a 7 day grace period to take his pay off without it being a hostile takeover, but no matter what they own the club even if he doesn't take it? 

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

So Howard to be clear. Can your bidders reclaim the shares tomorrow yes or no?

If yes, do they have to wait until Wednesday to be certain that it's valid and the judge will make a ruling on it?

If no, do your bidders walk away?

Ta.

Yes they can 

no need to wait to Weds 

no they don’t walk away, there is still 7 days for KA to come back to them.

Howard, 

If Ken doesn’t find a judge to grant him an injunction against taking the shares tomorrow before 16.30...

Your boys swoop in and take the shares still as planned? ....yes?

I think we are all still hopeful this can happen, give us an idea if it’s realistic. 

Just now, JJ10 said:

Howard, 

If Ken doesn’t find a judge to grant him an injunction against taking the shares tomorrow before 16.30...

Your boys swoop in and take the shares still as planned? ....yes?

I think we are all still hopeful this can happen, give us an idea if it’s realistic. 

He already confirmed that. 

Just now, SilentBob said:

Sounds good.

So just to make sure again, if he can't find a judge and they kick him out tomorrow, he'll have a 7 day grace period to take his pay off without it being a hostile takeover, but no matter what they own the club even if he doesn't take it? 

No, he has no grace period if they kick him out tomorrow. 

If he finds a judge then the maximum time he can get is 7 days. During that period he can still accept their offer to buy and take his payout providing they don’t drop their offer.

3 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

It wouldn’t take you long to find out from the document I uploaded.

So we are saying it’s Cerberus Capital Management then and the Club will be the play thing for Steve Feinberg?

How come it has suddenly become acceptable for them to become known?