Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

37 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I have come across the name - its just a shell company at this stage 

I believe the Consortium Involved are close to completing a deal 

My Understanding is that this group was the one referred to in Court 2 weeks ago as having agreed terms with KA 

I believe they have the support of ED Trustees Brett Warburton & Michael James 

I Understand they have access to substantial funding 

Hopefully this will come off at least they support the club and if they can access funds will be safest bet to take us forward 

29 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I have come across the name - its just a shell company at this stage 

I believe the Consortium Involved are close to completing a deal 

My Understanding is that this group was the one referred to in Court 2 weeks ago as having agreed terms with KA 

I believe they have the support of ED Trustees Brett Warburton & Michael James 

I Understand they have access to substantial funding 

Sorry, I've become a bit confused here, I wonder if you clarify please.

Are you saying

- Gaspard is linked to the consortium you are working with and are by your understanding are the ones referred to in court two weeks ago,

- or are you saying you have heard of them but as far as you know they aren't part of the consortium you have been working with - and yours is the one mentioned in court,

- or as far as you know Gaspard isn't part of your consortium but were the one mention in court.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Howardroark said:

The only action would be retrospective, he cannot be forced to sell.

OK thanks. So Howard - if there's no obligation to sell over liquidation then it's a simple game of risk for KA, and he holds all the aces?  So his recent actions suggest he's chasing a higher price from Bassini, accepting that Bassini may fail and that he may be forced down liquidation route.  This risks alienating your bidders and him being forced into an awkward legal inquiry uncovering dodgy dealings.

That says to me Ken's either got cast iron guarantees on the Bassini money and/or he's prepared to go the liquidation route rather than sell to your bidder. Which also says he was never prepared to sell to the Bahrain consortium, for whatever reason (but probably financial)?

What am I missing??  (I'm sure I am missing something by the way :))

2 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

OK thanks. So Howard - if there's no obligation to sell over liquidation then it's a simple game of risk for KA, and he holds all the aces?  So his recent actions suggest he's chasing a higher price from Bassini, accepting that Bassini may fail and that he may be forced down liquidation route.  This risks alienating your bidders and him being forced into an awkward legal inquiry uncovering dodgy dealings.

That says to me Ken's either got cast iron guarantees on the Bassini money and/or he's prepared to go the liquidation route rather than sell to your bidder. Which also says he was never prepared to sell to the Bahrain consortium, for whatever reason (but probably financial)?

What am I missing??  (I'm sure I am missing something by the way :))

That’s the state of play, however until this morning I assumed that my bidder was the same as Benny’s, as that is not the case, there appears to be another bidder with an agreement with the secured creditors.

If any of them were going to pump hundreds of millions in to get us back to the Premier League, they'd own the club already, so it's not worth getting attached to any of these faceless consortiums.

Just be happy for Ken fucking off and some kind of resolution to all this.

• Site Supporter

I’m getting drunk on Saturday regardless.

I’m still firmly of the belief that the game will go ahead and the stadium will be operational.

just can’t see it being closed.

Anyone feel like they've got a good prediction of tomorrow? 

There's only a few choices, there's a deal, we get an adjournment, or we get liquidated.

In my mind a deal is about 30%, an adjournment about 20% and liquidation 50%.

I might add that is just my opinion and speculation on those percentages. Just based off how it's reading today.

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Anyone feel like they've got a good prediction of tomorrow? 

There's only a few choices, there's a deal, we get an adjournment, or we get liquidated.

In my mind a deal is about 30%, an adjournment about 20% and liquidation 50%.

I might add that is just my opinion and speculation on those percentages. Just based off how it's reading today.

Adjournment 7 days. 

I'd go adjournment, don't think Ken can let it go to liquidation when he's said he's accepted an offer today. Think he will contest at least and hopefully get a week or so. 

Maybe that's just hopeful that it could bring another bidder back in to play.