Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

No

But your saying that you will only get the club if ken signs the shares over on Wednesday which he won’t do? 

Or would you consider putting youd straight deal offer back on the table if Bassini falls through?

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Surely you can’t voluntarily liquidate if your shareholding is in dispute?

He could do it before the shares get recalled though?

So if it gets to April 9 and Bassini is still farting about, Ken knows he's buggered the next day from Howard's group. Voluntarily liquidates and appoints a practitioner immediately.

Howard is suggesting with his prisoner theory that there's a better deal to be done between the parties.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe it's someone who's had dealings with ken once before.

Knows how to play him and what not to do.

If it happens, it happens.

Maybe. Just maybe 

I could be reading too much in to it. But the noises coming out just seem a bit meh

they could be open to taking payment to walk away 

they could exercise the share option next week 

they could decide to not continue if Ken objects to the share transfer and goes legal 

it just becomes less reassuring by the day and as the clock ticks closer to D day 

52 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If he chooses to liquidate us, a football club that has been standing for probably 4 generations of that slimy cunts family life, walks off in to the sunset, £5m richer and carries on with his life the fucker wants stoning to death 

This.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe it's someone who's had dealings with ken once before.

Knows how to play him and what not to do.

If it happens, it happens.

Anyone who has done business with KA do NOT make the same mistake twice.

37 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Now you've chosen the option that Howard brought earlier on. Weren't those can can dancers fantastic? Great stuff. Now, let's have another listen to his clue:

Now, Bahrain could refer to untold riches from the middle east, but it could also be what a grumpy Lancastrian says when he opens the curtains and see's it's pissing down. Spain is the home of two of the world's greatest football teams but it's also the home of bullfighting and what else are bull's associated with but bullshit?  Take one for the money, well Howard's way includes the chance of taking the Bassini payoff and walking away, two for the show? Well Show could mean show and tell, with Howard showing us some things but telling us very little, Reach for the stars, of course this could be the stars of football that would be signed by the new owners, or you could be seeing stars which is what happens when you're dazed and confused as every fucker reading this thread most certainly is. Remember swing low? Well it could be a reference to Rugby Union and moving BWFC to Twickenham,  but what else swings low but a bridge?  Building a Bridge to your heart was a 1987 hit by English pop group Wax. Wax on wax off was the mantra that Mr Miyagi used to train Daniel San in the Karate Kid movie. That's right, Howard's planning to turn the Unibol into a giant karate training school and BWFC will be moving to Twickenham and playing Rugby Union.  

Top quality pal...😂

Howard you’ve said you think it’s unlikely that Ken would want liquidation due to the investigation that’d follow. But you also said if Bassini falls through liquidation is highly likely. Which is it? Is there a big difference between voluntary liquidation and having HMRC liquidate us?

if he voluntarily liquidated maybe there wouldn’t be the investigation or wouldn’t be 7 days grace?

Just the thread is turning into an opinion debate on whether Ken thinks it better to liquidate us or not.

anything you can say one way or the other, or is this a unique situation that just has to be played out?

Just want to gauge some opinions of what people here currently believe. Hopefully without offending anybody. 

Who fully believes Howard and what he's been saying over the past week?

Who believes he's talking shit and his buyers will end up with a convenient excuse come next Tue/Wed?

Who believes there's more than just Bassini (Gaspard, Howard's group, anyone else, etc) currently serious/close with takeover?

Who believes we'll be liquidated?

5 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Just want to gauge some opinions of what people here currently believe. Hopefully without offending anybody. 

Who believes he's talking shit and his buyers will end up with a convenient excuse come next Tue/Wed?

Who believes there's more than just Bassini (Gaspard, Howard's group, anyone else, etc) currently serious/close with takeover?

I believe Howard. He’s had too much info to be a wind up in my opinion. Could be that they don’t recall shares on Tuesday or Wednesday but that doesn’t mean he’s been chatting shit. Could be that they accepted compensation.

i think there’s might be more groups in play than we are all aware off. Howard’s said money talks and wealth whispers so what’s to say that there’s not another wealthy whisperer flying under the radar?

as for liquidation I’m really not sure. Howard has warned that it’s a definite possibility but also said things that make me doubt liquidation will happen. Would appreciate more clarity from H on his thoughts on liquidation, but he might have no clarity to offer on that because it’s in Ken’s hands and that is unpredictable.

9 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

I believe Howard I think bassinis mob will get the club

I would like to think Howard's people will be the new owners. But reading everything I suspect there will be more twists and turns. It has the possibility of being left in limbo, as can't see KA accepting Howard's people taking the shares. So to be honest I fear the worst 

10 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

This

however i wouldn’t say he/she is talking shit. Just that something will happen between now & next week which will lead to the above 

We've been here before with shady mysterious characters contacting fan sites with a view to a) getting their story out in a controlled narrative and b) to get an element of the fanbase on board pre-takeover. 

Howard is Mike Collins and I claim my £5.

I’m one of the optimists about Howard’s deal.

ken is legally obliged to sign the form next week if Howard’s team recall the shares - doesn’t mean he won’t, just means it willing be left to the legal authorities to ensure he does it. 

Howard has provided a lot of information and insight and anyone who was ‘bullshitting’ or ‘fake’ would have been transparent by now and ran a mile.

Howard is merely outlining all the options and delays that could hamper Tuesday, and keeping us all grounded.

I’m still confident they will be the new owners, and hopeful too as they appear to have been the most professional and private of them all - which in takeovers is usually what happens.

Those who blab to the press, or reveal themselves are often the ones who’s don’t do the deal.

Best thing to do, is switch off the takeover now until early next week (as not much will be done over the weekend) and focus on us beating Ipswich, and closing the gap to 2 points.

Keep the faith Folks! 

18 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

I don’t believe Howard.

He doesn’t have any buyers.

i reckon the basran bid is still very much at the forefront, always look out for the quiet ones.

liquidation not happening 

7 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I don’t believe Howard.

He doesn’t have any buyers.

i reckon the basran bid is still very much at the forefront, always look out for the quiet ones.

liquidation not happening 

Not a bad theory. 

48 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Surely you can’t voluntarily liquidate if your shareholding is in dispute?

Presumably liquidating the company (as shareholder) would also be prohibited under the terms of the loan agreement and security documents.

I'm sure that Howard's lot have looked into whether an injunction could be sought if they are aware that their borrower is about to breach the terms of the loan agreement / security documents.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

Think I believe him currently. The only doubt is really that we seem to have a few excuses lined up already for them not to take the shares next week. Hope we get that far to find out. But he seems to know plenty on the subject and has provided docs to back up parts. It's a bit of a big con if it's all made up. 

Not sure what the point is if he's not genuine, we're just fans and have no say in what will happen regardless.