Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

13 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

No parting shot, just a confirmation of a few things (albeit most have been said before)

1) I was born in Bristol, yes, I found myself in Bolton for work in the mid-90’s. My first game was Spurs at Burnden in the league cup. Season ticket until 2009 when work took me to sunnier climbs. At Burnden I used to park behind the paint centre on Weston St, at the Reebok it was on Scan as they were a client. I lived in Harwood and drunk in the 7 stars and Crofters, occasionally the No Name. 

2) I came here with a double agenda and under the employ of a firm based in the Middle East. The agenda was initially to make clear the lack of funding available to FV, so that ground swell didn’t cause a completion before my group were through EFL checks. 

3) You may not believe it, but we saved the club in March by contacting KA the day before court to show our hand, without that it was liquidation. 

4) Following that the agenda became to shine a light on the activities of KA so as to cause a knee jerk reaction and complete with our group. We know he reads here and has sensitivities to statements, likewise the forensic accounting started to apply pressure.

5) The arrival of Mr Bassini’s group was something of a surprise/spanner in the works and has caused issues to move us away from our required narrative. I do believe he has the backers to complete, likewise he has the backers to support guerilla action to discredit our bid. 

6) Why did we want to buy the club? The land is highly valuable, the hotel car park in particular as well as bits around the training ground and relief roads. We also believed that a speculative £120M investment may well generate a return of 2/3 times this if EPL could be agreed. The sale value of the land would allow for significant investment/offset some risk. We were very much looking at a Wolves model but with the input of a slightly less country specific agent. 

7) The documents were not ‘knock ups’ and I will put the originals on a Dropbox for you to view them once the takeover is completed. 

8. My frustrations stemmed not from the challenges posed, but from the misery. Maybe it’s the situation, but I’ve always been of the opinion that I take a man at his word until I’m proven incorrect. What I see here is a small number of individuals who would rather spend their time attempting to prove me wrong/discredit rather than engaging in intelligent debate; allowing myself to build trust. It is these individuals that will seize upon only this point in response to this message.

9) Any of you holding the tiny fraction of shares in Burnden Leisure could verify any of my statements through the club solicitors. 

10) Mr Bassini is fronting the consortium because it is impossible to smear him, it’s a sort of perverse double jeopardy. That  he is anywhere near the other consortium  suggests the presence of my bidders is very real and that the comments on this forum have impact. 

11) Our consortium’s link to another football team was Seattle Sounders. 

12) Why did we choose to deal with Moonshift directly? KA was very clearly dealing with certain buyers who would agree to certain conditions that we simply could not, legally. Did we ever expect him to deal with us? No. Did we expect Mr Bassini? No. We expected a clear path once FV had been removed. 

Those are my final comments because I expect Bassini to complete today. 

Best, 

Howard Roark

Well I've enjoyed your posts Howard and found the info about insolvency procedures interesting. On point 8, that I'm afraid is the nature of the Internet, particularly when people have little power but a vast emotional impact investment. It's one of the reasons that anyone who is genuinely in the know in football usually steers well clear of letting anything out online, because the appetite can never be satisfied and the more it's fed the greater it becomes. I guess if you hadn't a personal connection you would have found that response easier to handle. Still enjoyed your posts and they stopped me lurking here so best to you also.

On 28/03/2019 at 14:02, Smiley said:

Think the point is - even when the money is there - there's no guarantees with KA that they will get paid.

Surely folk are paid for work done and not in advance? So this next pay day is for contracted work they've done under his ownership.

Could be wrong though. Maybe a staff member could enlighten us. (sorry if I've missed this in the previous 250 pages).

Thanks for for all the input H, from what you’ve said, your team certainly did there homework, and what you’ve said would have been great for our club. Unfortunately ka didn’t want it to be and as fans we have to accept it, like it or not. At the end of the day as fans we still have a club to support. Wish you well for the future and keep supporting the super whites.

24 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

No parting shot, just a confirmation of a few things (albeit most have been said before)

1) I was born in Bristol, yes, I found myself in Bolton for work in the mid-90’s. My first game was Spurs at Burnden in the league cup. Season ticket until 2009 when work took me to sunnier climbs. At Burnden I used to park behind the paint centre on Weston St, at the Reebok it was on Scan as they were a client. I lived in Harwood and drunk in the 7 stars and Crofters, occasionally the No Name. 

2) I came here with a double agenda and under the employ of a firm based in the Middle East. The agenda was initially to make clear the lack of funding available to FV, so that ground swell didn’t cause a completion before my group were through EFL checks. 

3) You may not believe it, but we saved the club in March by contacting KA the day before court to show our hand, without that it was liquidation. 

4) Following that the agenda became to shine a light on the activities of KA so as to cause a knee jerk reaction and complete with our group. We know he reads here and has sensitivities to statements, likewise the forensic accounting started to apply pressure.

5) The arrival of Mr Bassini’s group was something of a surprise/spanner in the works and has caused issues to move us away from our required narrative. I do believe he has the backers to complete, likewise he has the backers to support guerilla action to discredit our bid. 

6) Why did we want to buy the club? The land is highly valuable, the hotel car park in particular as well as bits around the training ground and relief roads. We also believed that a speculative £120M investment may well generate a return of 2/3 times this if EPL could be agreed. The sale value of the land would allow for significant investment/offset some risk. We were very much looking at a Wolves model but with the input of a slightly less country specific agent. 

7) The documents were not ‘knock ups’ and I will put the originals on a Dropbox for you to view them once the takeover is completed. 

8. My frustrations stemmed not from the challenges posed, but from the misery. Maybe it’s the situation, but I’ve always been of the opinion that I take a man at his word until I’m proven incorrect. What I see here is a small number of individuals who would rather spend their time attempting to prove me wrong/discredit rather than engaging in intelligent debate; allowing myself to build trust. It is these individuals that will seize upon only this point in response to this message.

9) Any of you holding the tiny fraction of shares in Burnden Leisure could verify any of my statements through the club solicitors. 

10) Mr Bassini is fronting the consortium because it is impossible to smear him, it’s a sort of perverse double jeopardy. That  he is anywhere near the other consortium  suggests the presence of my bidders is very real and that the comments on this forum have impact. 

11) Our consortium’s link to another football team was Seattle Sounders. 

12) Why did we choose to deal with Moonshift directly? KA was very clearly dealing with certain buyers who would agree to certain conditions that we simply could not, legally. Did we ever expect him to deal with us? No. Did we expect Mr Bassini? No. We expected a clear path once FV had been removed. 

Those are my final comments because I expect Bassini to complete today. 

Best, 

Howard Roark

Thanks for your input Howard. I really hoped your group could complete, maybe they still can. 

Thanks Howard it was very interesting if not frustrating at times, just got the feeling in the last 24 hours it wasnt going to plan and your last post just confirms that. I think most people wanted you to win just hope this bassini fella doesn't finish us off. The last few years have been like watching a family member dieing in front of your eyes, through all the different views and opinions we all have one thing in common the love of bolton wanderers. Good luck Howard