Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

What would he have had to say to sound convincing?

It wasn't the content of his speech as much as the way he was talking. It sounded very false, like he didn't believe what he was saying.

Although having said that I think I could've done without the 'love and affection' for BWFC part which is unlikely to fool anyone. Same with the Premier League in three years, as if there aren't many well funded outfits in the Championship at present looking to achieve just that aim.  

Better to stick to commercial arguments, say that he thinks there's unrealised potential and that he wants to build the club on a sustainable model which will make the events of the past few years unthinkable. That promotion would be of course the aim but that it couldn't be guaranteed so there would also be efforts to invest in the club's youth program and recruitment, to make smarter choices with the available resources. 

Then show that he's thinking beyond the first team, maybe pledge to increase links with local schools and youth clubs and change the ticket pricing structure to encourage more young fans  to attend the game or work with supporters groups to persuade some of the fans to start attending again.  Whatever, just something that suggests there's some detailed thinking gone into this rather than someone who has seen a distressed asset sell off and is taking advantage. 

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Can't wait for Bassini's notes, I wonder what attire he will be donning?

I'm thinking shiny suit and black shades, holster with a pistol and silencer.

We are gonna have to be extremely careful what we say from now on, or we maybe waking up to a cow's head in the bed 🤔

Are you suggesting conspiracy theory, they’ve teamed up with the Howfener Mob? 

39 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Might phone the club and suggest turning it off and on again see how that goes down. 

You'll have a job. No phones all day. Been trying to get my lad a ticket sorted for LOV. 

Just open the big gates and let us walk in . Most people have tickets by now .We still won't sell out .

The big gates are rusty and falling to bits as it is, have a look at the state. Of some

Sorted 

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo and add a bit more

I may be stuck in my ways but, 

turnstiles - let people in and count how many walk through and add together 

bars - take real money, use real mathematics and then add together 

police - rather than sit behind screens do your actual fucking job and be a bobby for the day. See how many if any are nicked at the end and add them together 

team selection - Parkinson, put a player in each position and just to make sure you have enough or not too many, add them together 

match - every time a team puts the ball in the posts with net on make a note, at the end, you’ve guessed it add each teams together 

cameras - no one is going to want to fucking watch it anyway 

Edited by barrycowdrill

2 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Howard's gone very quiet.

You may have missed it but on page 392, Howard gave his final comments on the forum, as he expects Bassini to complete today, at least that is what he said.

No sign of Bassini completing today yet though, so maybe he'll be back.

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

You may have missed it but on page 392, Howard gave his final comments on the forum, as he expects Bassini to complete today, at least that is what he said.

No sign of Bassini completing today yet though, so maybe he'll be back.

Yeah if the payment deadline is 1530, I think it would have announced by now 

6 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

Edging closer to the share recall again... 🤞🏼

Exactly what I was thinking. 

But I suspect on Tuesday they’d have spelt his name wrong on the letter and it’d be delayed again.