Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 hours ago, lowcarbon said:

1 Howard is the greatest of WUMs

2 All goes to Howard's plan

3 We are without a paddle if 1 is correct.

No 1 for me !!!

Clocks ticking , if no buyer by kickoff time tomorrow.

We are doooòmed Capt Mannering.

5 minutes ago, embankment said:

No 1 for me !!!

Clocks ticking , if no buyer by kickoff time tomorrow.

We are doooòmed Capt Mannering.

Will be Weds AM i'm guessing with the game and the 7 day extension... @Howardroark can you confirm?

If we've nothing by Weds PM, we're staring liquidation in the face!

Edited by WestStandUpper

I confess to know little about football compared to the rest of you, but for the last 20 years I’ve listened to every game with my partner and Father in law. Now in his 80’s dad is unable to understand all the twists and turns of this saga and I wanted to give him hope. He first went to Burnden Park 75 years ago. Throughout the good and bad times their support for BWFC has never wavered. 

Having followed the thread from the start in the hope of learning what was actually going on it’s become addictive. I’ve enjoyed the rollercoaster and learn’t a lot more about football and business. Thanks to everyone here.

I see that accounts have now been filed at companies house for BOLTON SPORTING VENTURES LIMITED and BOLTON SPORTS VILLAGE LIMITED. Is this significant and does this indicate anything positive on the horizon ? 

What do the accountants on here think ?

Optimistic head on today ... taking Howard at his word, sequence of events would look something like ...

Howard's mob do deal with Moonshift to buy the debt. Also make offer to Ken to buy without the share reclaim option.

Ken dicks about for ages trying to find better deal.

Howard's mob withdraw offer to Ken

Ken finds a publicity hungry lunatic to pretend he's on the verge of buying club to scare Howard's mob back with their original offer to him.

Howard's mob call Ken's bluff *. Bassini left floating around looking like a dickhead. Ken frantically scrabbling for anyone who'll deal with him.

Tomorrow, Howard's mob recall the shares and take over.

There'll be shale gas or summat under the carpark.

* if this is the case, it makes Howard's response to Bassini pretty amusing (and disingenuous, obviously).

12 minutes ago, loopylu said:

I confess to know little about football compared to the rest of you, but for the last 20 years I’ve listened to every game with my partner and Father in law. Now in his 80’s dad is unable to understand all the twists and turns of this saga and I wanted to give him hope. He first went to Burnden Park 75 years ago. Throughout the good and bad times their support for BWFC has never wavered.  

I've been doing the same thing with my parents who have kept their season tickets and have been desperate for some good news. 

10 minutes ago, wakey said:

Optimistic head on today ... taking Howard at his word, sequence of events would look something like ...

Howard's mob do deal with Moonshift to buy the debt. Also make offer to Ken to buy without the share reclaim option.

Ken finds a publicity hungry lunatic to pretend he's on the verge of buying club to scare Howard's mob back with their original offer to him.

Howard's mob call Ken's bluff *. Bassini left floating around looking like a dickhead. Ken frantically scrabbling for anyone who'll deal with him.

* if this is the case, it makes Howard's response to Bassini pretty amusing (and disingenuous, obviously).

If only it was that simple. Hope it is, but being BWFC it never will be. 

23 minutes ago, wakey said:

Howard already told you that Bassini is paying his lot £2 million to fuck off. 

Just now, Boothy said:

Howard already told you that Bassini is paying his lot £2 million to fuck off. 

Howard maybe a WUM, may not.... but chances of Bassini having £2m are slim

12 minutes ago, loopylu said:

Having followed the thread from the start in the hope of learning what was actually going on it’s become addictive. I’ve enjoyed the rollercoaster and learn’t a lot more about football and business. Thanks to everyone here.

I see that accounts have now been filed at companies house for BOLTON SPORTING VENTURES LIMITED and BOLTON SPORTS VILLAGE LIMITED. Is this significant and does this indicate anything positive on the horizon ? 

The club is owned by a company called Burnden Leisure, which in turn is owned by Ken Anderson's Inner Circle Investments Ltd.

Apart from the club, Burnden Leisure own a few other companies, including the two you name above - both have been in existence for a number of years.

As you point out accounts have recently been posted for both - the Sports Village is shown as not traded in the last year and only has £36k in it, which is nothing compared to our needs.  The Sporting Ventures company seems to have only one transaction over the reporting accounting year, the repayment of a creditor of £111k and has £91k remaining in it.

I attach more for interest than what will happen to us, a document circulated by Leighton Orient's Support Trust of just over a year ago as to how the potential implications of Administration or Liquidation would effect them.  I hope it may be of some help to you, your partner and father in law.

http://www.leytonorientfanstrust.com/documents/LOFT_SGM_Mar17_QA.pdf

Keep your chins up though!

1 hour ago, loopylu said:

I have been a qualified accountant working in the private sector for 46 years but I've never been to a car boot sale. I've seen them on telly and Wanderersways rarely fails to remind me of them. Most of the stuff you see is worthless garbage but occasionally you find a little nugget of genuine information which makes it all worthwhile.

Btw if you think that you are ever going to get better information from newspapers think again. It doesn't matter whether its the Times, Guardian, Sun or Beeno, you'll only get half a prejudiced story from the lot of them.

Insofar as Ken Anderson now has any control over events,  you can expect him to do what most husbands and fathers do  - put family first.

24 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I have been a qualified accountant working in the private sector for 46 years but I've never been to a car boot sale. I've seen them on telly and Wanderersways rarely fails to remind me of them. Most of the stuff you see is worthless garbage but occasionally you find a little nugget of genuine information which makes it all worthwhile.

Nobody forces you to come on here.

37 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Btw if you think that you are ever going to get better information from newspapers think again. It doesn't matter whether its the Times, Guardian, Sun or Beeno, you'll only get half a prejudiced story from the lot of them.

Insofar as Ken Anderson now has any control over events,  you can expect him to do what most husbands and fathers do  - put family first.

Do you have a little chuckle to yourself when you type Beeno?

57 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Biggish Dave, ProffessorWoland, DLH, Sluffy and Chris Custodiet, Thanks for replying. 

I suspected that those companies were of little relevance, but wanted to double check. Having followed all the forums from mid Feb, spent hours researching on companies house and around the net I like to make sense of each nugget of information in the hope that I can see where this is all leading.

Thank you for your concern Chris. I’ve never been to a car boot sale either, but imagine it would be similar to visiting tkmax.

Wanderersways has been very helpful and despite some petty squabbles and point scoring it has been informative and entertaining so the analogy with a car boot sale seems a tad unfair. As names/info comes to light I’ve done my own research to confirm or discount any relevance to the situation.

It is because I don’t trust the media that I have followed this thread and other forums since February. I place little credence in what is generally reported in the general media because just like Howard there is always an agenda or spin. I like to take the facts and research before coming to any conclusions and forming an opinion. 

As for KA, words fail me, but my other half thinks he’s a CUNT

35 minutes ago, loopylu said:

Biggish Dave, ProffessorWoland, DLH, Sluffy and Chris Custodiet, Thanks for replying. 

I suspected that those companies were of little relevance, but wanted to double check. Having followed all the forums from mid Feb, spent hours researching on companies house and around the net I like to make sense of each nugget of information in the hope that I can see where this is all leading.

Thank you for your concern Chris. I’ve never been to a car boot sale either, but imagine it would be similar to visiting tkmax.

Wanderersways has been very helpful and despite some petty squabbles and point scoring it has been informative and entertaining so the analogy with a car boot sale seems a tad unfair. As names/info comes to light I’ve done my own research to confirm or discount any relevance to the situation.

It is because I don’t trust the media that I have followed this thread and other forums since February. I place little credence in what is generally reported in the general media because just like Howard there is always an agenda or spin. I like to take the facts and research before coming to any conclusions and forming an opinion. 

As for KA, words fail me, but my other half thinks he’s a CUNT

I'm pleased you do your own research. If you have done it with reasonable thoroughness you might have noticed that Ken Anderson spent £472,275 on Holdsworth's shares and preventing Blumarble foreclosing, 18 months ago, on the debt arranged by Holdsworth in March 2016.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/filing-history

And you might just figure out that 90% of Anderson's consultancy fee was spent on this little item.

If you bother to look through the accounts of Burnden Leisure  you might find all the other amounts Anderson had to find to get shut of Holdsworth and give him at least a slim chance of handing over the club to someone willing and able to keep lavishing cash on serial loss-maker BWFC.

I've emailed the author of the article in theTimes today about the errors in his report. He hasn't replied. They rarely do.

Edited by Chris Custodiet