Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, DLH said:

Complete speculation...  The only ITK I do know is Ken's a cunt... A City based Investment Director told me that... he's a Bolton fan though, so maybe he was biased... He did however tell me about the prospectus that Howard kept mentioning, and what a work of fiction it was, and that he knew of people who had spoken to  KA about a possible takeover, and that they had all said.... he's a cunt.

Totally and If anyone can find a worse term in the dictionary he's that as well 

4 minutes ago, DLH said:

Gaspard said they made an offer.... Ken said he said no.... Sources Bolton Evening News and Chairman Ken's Propaganda weekly... admittedly neither are the most reliable and would be unlikely to hold up if we were infront of the Old Bailey

Yeah I don't think we're getting anywhere listening to either of those. Not sure Gaspard gained anything from the article either, as no one seems to have believed it since it got buried in the Bassini storm.

13 minutes ago, DLH said:

He did however tell me about the prospectus that Howard kept mentioning, and what a work of fiction it was,

In all the hundreds of pages I’ve read since joining WW a few weeks ago, and hours I’ve spent doing so......

This is possibly the most believable sentence so far!

32 minutes ago, DLH said:

Complete speculation...  The only ITK I do know is Ken's a cunt... A City based Investment Director told me that... he's a Bolton fan though, so maybe he was biased... He did however tell me about the prospectus that Howard kept mentioning, and what a work of fiction it was, and that he knew of people who had spoken to  KA about a possible takeover, and that they had all said.... he's a cunt.

Was this in a bar in Bolton or Brussels? If KA's trying to sell the damn thing he's hardly going to accentuate the negative and eliminate the  positive is he?

Anyone with half a business brain should be quite capable of separating the wheat from the chaff and if they can't the only thing they should be doing in the City is sweeping the streets imo.

So Ken's not everyone's favourite uncle. So what? He's  done a lot more than the useless Holdsworth did to keep BWFC in with a chance of survival for the last three years.

I’ve been told this morning that by a friend who works in IT (who has a friend at the company that supply Bolton with IT) .. they were owed £45k so switched off the internet last Friday... so there was no power surge bla bla bla. They basically held the club to ransom to pay it.

i know it sounds like my friends, friends dogs uncles cat scenario but they were adamant it was true.

Also, all company phones at BWFC currently on incoming calls only because bill not been paid!! 

6 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Was this in a bar in Bolton or Brussels? If KA's trying to sell the damn thing he's hardly going to accentuate the negative and eliminate the  positive is he?

Anyone with half a business brain should be quite capable of separating the wheat from the chaff and if they can't the only thing they should be doing in the City is sweeping the streets imo.

So Ken's not everyone's favourite uncle. So what? He's  done a lot more than the useless Holdsworth did to keep BWFC in with a chance of survival for the last three years.

As far as I can see almost everyone on here who has expressed an opinion has acknowledged that 3 years ago he was the only game in town and his intervention kept us going.   In other words, "he's a cunt but he's our cunt',  just like Diouf, or Churchill during the Second World War.

What is being discussed is his behaviour NOW, and his greed and sliminess which appears to be operating against us as opposed to for us.

If you want a sainthood for Ken, and persist on treading out the same old £3m pound arguments, then I will, for the first time put someone on ignore.   It won't bother me, and it obviously won't bother you, but at least I won't have to endure your tedious repetitive protests.

4 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

I’ve been told this morning that by a friend who works in IT (who has a friend at the company that supply Bolton with IT) .. they were owed £45k so switched off the internet last Friday... so there was no power surge bla bla bla. They basically held the club to ransom to pay it.

i know it sounds like my friends, friends dogs uncles cat scenario but they were adamant it was true.

Also, all company phones at BWFC currently on incoming calls only because bill not been paid!! 

That ties in with something from a couple of weeks ago.   I was buying something for my son from the club shop, and the guy in front handed over his season ticket for reward points or whatever you get, and the girl behind the till said they can't do them anymore as the system has been turned off as they haven't paid the bills.

7 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

What company supplies Bolton with "IT"? Also how do an IT supply company (who one assumes manages systems and networks) "turn off the internet"?

10 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

The place is fucked, no ones been paid except for Ken no doubt....sorry Chris Custard!! 👀

3 minutes ago, Stu123 said:

The place is fucked, no ones been paid except for Ken no doubt....sorry Chris Custard!! 👀

That's got me thinking, does Ken have any other source of income at the moment or just BWFC?

I'm not defending anyone on here mind, but we are all welcome to step in, buy the club and pay the bills.  Genuine question - if you won the euromillions, would you run a loss making club?  I know that Bury needs a £250,000 cash injection every month. How much would we need? 

Edited by irvtheswerv
spelling

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What company supplies Bolton with "IT"? Also how do an IT supply company (who one assumes manages systems and networks) "turn off the internet"?

It would be an Internet provider aka ISP and it would be very easy for them to temporarily stop the Internet connection from their end.

Just now, chrisw99 said:

That's got me thinking, does Ken have any other source of income at the moment or just BWFC?

He owns 2 posh french restaurants in London, then whatever that Inner Circle Investments too

4 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

I'm not defending anyone on here mind, but we are all welcome to step in, buy the club and pay the bills.  Genuine question - if you won the euromillions, would you run a loss making club?  I know that Bury needs a £250,000 cash injection every month. How much would we need? 

This is the argument Simon Jordan was making a couple of weeks back - are you buying a football club for a business investment, or for a hobby.   Any other hobby you have probably costs you money and you don't expect to get all your money back you've spent on it if you give up the hobby 3 years later.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

I'd say that was an illegal use of technology. It's probably the reason Bae don't routinely put self-destruct equipment in any of the missiles they sell to countries which could, potentially, become our enemy instead of our ally.

22 minutes ago, Stu123 said:

The people who Ken wants to pay get paid. Other than himself as you point out Lee, Paul Aldridge and Hilary all receive their money on time.

27 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

London, 26th January, Somerstown Coffee House if you must know. 

You miss the point though, the prospectus aside (as the nature of that is propaganda)  KA's trying to sell, but he's fucking everyone off, out of his depth playing with the big boys who see through his charade and know that they just need to wait... His actions and demands have driven away people who may have invested, because...  he's a cunt

You're right about one thing though, he needs to sell, his record and what any accountant worth there salt will "allegedly"  find in an adminstration/liquidation situation goes one way for him, her majesties pleasure.... 

I'll not slag him off for taking over, he was possibly the only game in town when him and Deano did, but I'll slag him off for how he's trying to exit, particularly from what I have heard...