Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I honestly wonder how much it will turn out that when its all written down that PP kept it all together for us in spite of the financial situation and some players behaving like prima donnas.

I've thought similar the last few weeks. 

On the pitch we're still dog shit but I reckon Phil has took a fair brunt of the shit from the playing squad off the pitch whilst getting radio silence from sweaty Ken. 

Wouldn't want to be in his unpaid shoes for love nor money. 

14 minutes ago, darrener said:

Was it 3-0 at half time? Battered them in the second half Goalie saved everything for them. Think there was a big turn out of bolton fans if I remember rightly 

I Remember the Home game against Sunderland , we absolutely battered them and somehow lost 3-0 , it was also on TV I think.

10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Had to check results for that I always get the two Ipswich play off seasons mixed up. 

This one was scraped, not helped by losing at Bury which was also on Sky IIRC

Think we beat wolves on a Friday night to get us in to play off spots instead of them?

We signed Ritchie and that Alan Johnson chap and it turned the season. 

Or was that the Barry Knight season? 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I've thought similar the last few weeks. 

On the pitch we're still dog shit but I reckon Phil has took a fair brunt of the shit from the playing squad off the pitch whilst getting radio silence from sweaty Ken. 

Wouldn't want to be in his unpaid shoes for love nor money. 

Totally agree. It’s gone way beyond wrong players, wrong tactics, wrong formations. For Parkinson now he’s just trying to look after his players. Unless he’s been pressed he hasn’t used the problems as an excuse. Don’t get me wrong new money, new owners would mean new change at the top. But he’s not a twat, he’s not a cunt and hatred pointed in his direction for me is displaced. I think he’s handled himself with dignity and professionalism 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Think we beat wolves on a Friday night to get us in to play off spots instead of them?

We signed them in the barry knight season and both played in the play off game 

Johnson scored a belter and Ritchie gave away a stupid penalty 

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It's complicated , we drew with Wolves at home 1-1 and then won away at Portsmouth in the Watford year (1998/99) to pip Wolves by 3 points, then in the Twat Knight year (1999/00) we beat Wolves 2-1 and then beat Norwich 2-1 to pip Wolves by 2 points.the 1-1 draw was the Friday night game.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

We signed them in the barry knight season and both played in the play off game 

Johnson scored a belter and Ritchie gave away a stupid penalty 

No stupid penalty, it was a quality challenge... just a bent cunt for a referee. 

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It all begins to mould into one... Where do Jon Newsome and Paul Warhurst fit in?

Or John O'Kane?!

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Johnston*

He could teach our current wingers a thing or two about playing on the ‘wrong’ wing and cutting inside. 

Ritchie was quality as well. 

The Wolves game must have been the previous season (Watford final) as I’m sure Eidur scored? 

Gardner scored in the 1-1 draws in the Watford year, gudjohnson scored the season after.

Edited by dusan nikolic

6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Gardner scored in the 1-1 draws in the Watford year, gudjohnson scored the season after.

Apologies, you’re right. Had it in my head that Gudjohnsen left after the Watford game but he wouldn’t have got a game for the Dog & Duck after how many chances he missed that day. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Apologies, you’re right. Had it in my head that Gudjohnsen left after the Watford game but he wouldn’t have got a game for the Dog & Duck after how many chances he missed that day. 

Your ok mate , I wouldn't have known only for my Bolton complete record book I keep handy , thankfully it doesn't include the last 8 years.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Doesn't seem to get mentioned ever but when staff and players don't get paid then I'm guessing PP isn't getting anything either. Guaranteed BSA would have wanted his money or these other potential saviours  like Warnock et al.

Ignoring the obvious "he's shut so shouldn't be getting paid" replies I honestly wonder how much it will turn out that when its all written down that PP kept it all together for us in spite of the financial situation and some players behaving like prima donnas.

Without a doubt

He's helped that there's nowhere for em to go, but I think simply getting a team on the pitch would've been beyond a lesser bloke

15 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

As I said, hindsight. As I also said Todd earned his go at the Prem after one of the greatest seasons in our history but I guess you were the only one shouting Todd out on the last night at Burnden? 

I was never convinced that hammering the likes of Swindon, Charlton and Oxford meant we were as good as the likes of Coventry, Everton and Southampton.During the summer because of the money spent on Cox, Elliott, Fish etc we were fancied strongly to stay up by the bookies.Two games in after an impressive four points we were available at 5-1 to go down.I put a fortnights  wages on at 5-1 and then that same night we lost at Barnsley and the price dropped to 5-2.I regretted putting the bet on as the season went on because the money involved was making me not that arsed about winning or losing.My gut instinct was right and we went down but it taught me a life lesson - don't bet against your team to such an extent that you aren't arsed about the results,

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I was never convinced that hammering the likes of Swindon, Charlton and Oxford meant we were as good as the likes of Coventry, Everton and Southampton.During the summer because of the money spent on Cox, Elliott, Fish etc we were fancied strongly to stay up by the bookies.Two games in after an impressive four points we were available at 5-1 to go down.I put a fortnights  wages on at 5-1 and then that same night we lost at Barnsley and the price dropped to 5-2.I regretted putting the bet on as the season went on because the money involved was making me not that arsed about winning or losing.My gut instinct was right and we went down but it taught me a life lesson - don't bet against your team to such an extent that you aren't arsed about the results,

Everytime I read one of your posts, I can hear the mournful sound of a single bugle playing the last post in my head.

27 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It is a bit like certain posters on here decide that certain players/managers/owners are not going to happy until they are proved right, so they up delighting in our defeats.

On a United forum somewhere there is posters saying today 'Told you Ole was not up to the job.' - Hopefully they are right.