Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

I know he’s a mouthy bastard but I doubt he’d be coming out with those statements if EFL approval wasn’t a given 

Lets say he's worried that EFL might ask difficult questions or not approve it...what do you do? Go public so that the EFL are forced to approve it knowing the other option is a huge headache for them.

The EFL didn't want to approve the DH/KA takeover but did knowing that otherwise a judge would wind us up. 

So Bassini going public could simply be pressurising the EFL. 

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

He does not necessarily need a new company 

If he is only owning KA shares in Burnden Leisure - that could take days to show up at companies house 

Would not be surprised if he puts us into admin once deal concluded and then buys it back in a new co - but that might get messy with supporters trust 

Why would he bother doing that? KA was about to put it into admin himself apparently....

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

He does not necessarily need a new company 

If he is only owning KA shares in Burnden Leisure - that could take days to show up at companies house 

Would not be surprised if he puts us into admin once deal concluded and then buys it back in a new co - but that might get messy with supporters trust 

Fair enough, thanks.

That sounds like a bit of a gamble, but he may not be paying much upfront if that is his plan.

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Lets say he's worried that EFL might ask difficult questions or not approve it...what do you do? Go public so that the EFL are forced to approve it knowing the other option is a huge headache for them.

The EFL didn't want to approve the DH/KA takeover but did knowing that otherwise a judge would wind us up. 

So Bassini going public could simply be pressurising the EFL. 

Let’s not get bogged down in who’s doing what to influence whom. The threads tedious enough as it is 

it appears he’s our guy. What tomorrow brings who knows 

#YesWeLaurence

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone thinking this is a bad thing compared to the alternative is a fucking moonman.

I think many have already lined up their excuses not to support the new owner. It’s Ken all over again.

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He said it’s just him.

It can't possibly be just him. Nowhere near has he made enough money in those few years. Specially not for the bold promises he made. This brings more questions than answers

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

On the day Bacon get a bad name again, we are apparently getting another bad egg! 

Double wHAMmy!

Wonder if Ham Saladslice will be involved?

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I was never convinced that hammering the likes of Swindon, Charlton and Oxford meant we were as good as the likes of Coventry, Everton and Southampton.During the summer because of the money spent on Cox, Elliott, Fish etc we were fancied strongly to stay up by the bookies.Two games in after an impressive four points we were available at 5-1 to go down.I put a fortnights  wages on at 5-1 and then that same night we lost at Barnsley and the price dropped to 5-2.I regretted putting the bet on as the season went on because the money involved was making me not that arsed about winning or losing.My gut instinct was right and we went down but it taught me a life lesson - don't bet against your team to such an extent that you aren't arsed about the results,

Thanks for your validation, changes nothing though Todd deserved his crack at the Premier League & only a moonman would argue otherwise.... What's the atmosphere like up there? 😁

Just now, Boothy said:

I think many have already lined up their excuses not to support the new owner. It’s Ken all over again.

Following on from the 

it’s not Burnden 

Gartside is a crook

BSA has gone 

we hate megson 

we hate Coyle

freedmans a wanker 

Lennon played for Celtic 

games are too dear 

ales too dear 

footballs shit 

parkinson is shit 

andersons a crook 

excuses... good riddance to the fucking idiots 

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone thinking this is a bad thing compared to the alternative is a fucking moonman.

This 100% - the supporters now need to get behind Bassini, until he does anything wrong.

He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt, clean slate and all that....if he gets rid of Parkinson ASAP he's got my vote & support.

I personally think that he has a backer (which could well now be Howards lot) but he's keeping it quiet - just because he apparently says that its all his money, doesn't mean that it is - his backer may want to remain silent.

40 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

When will it be acceptable to start the "Ohhh Jeremy Corbyn Laurence Bassini" chant? When we get to the premiership or when we qualify for the champions league?

To the sweeney tune 

Bassini! Bassini! Da dada da da da dada

Who in the right mind swans in to a football club giving it the big licks then professes he has no money anyway? 

Hell lose any credibility and optimism in a second. Who gives a fuck where the money comes from as long as it comes

forgot we were all the inland revenue 

Edited by barrycowdrill