Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

51 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

We're fucked then, unless he's lying.

Heard him on talk sport the other week saying it’s just him they didn’t ask How he would fund it though .    possible another blue. Marble Loan on the horizon? 

No way this fella and his backers whoever they are are looking at a long term plan. Let the club stabilise, be self sufficient etc. They’re looking at chucking money at it. It may go tits up it may not

but at least it can go either way. With Ken it was going one way and one way only. I’ll take our chances 

18 minutes ago, Matty said:

Administration to clear/minimise the debt? Seems a lot of debt for a recently bankrupt person to supposedly take on by himself 

He must have decent backing to clear the debt and pay off the creditors.

Admin was just a ruse for Rigby and the other ST chancers to get the club on the cheap whilst paying the administrator, probably one of their mates, a big fat fee.

Let's hope he can prove to the EFL that he has the readies.

Just now, The Norpig said:

If we're not back in the premier league in three years then I'm going to boo my bollocks off.

Being back in the championship in 3 years would be an achievement the way things have been going. 

7 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Heard him on talk sport the other week saying it’s just him they didn’t ask How he would fund it though .    possible another blue. Marble Loan on the horizon? 

I can't see anyone lending him the best part of £30m

Looking at it from Bassini's perspective, why would you take over a club riddled with debt, rotten to the core and with a full re-build required from top to bottom if you didn't have the money to do it?

He must surely have these fund's/resources, to like he said, 'get us to the Prem in 3 seasons' otherwise it doesn't make financial/business sense for him to take on this huge challenge ahead unless he think his targets are realistic?

Edited by Gaz Nt

Anything is better than liquidation 

At this stage, so close to oblivion it has to be good news 

If all debts truely have been cleared then its extremely good news!!

Still find it odd that anyone with £30m - £40m to blow would allow Basinni to front it but fuck it, we live to fight another day 

IF the ex Blackburn chairman (Williams?), does actually come in, as Basinni has stated previously then it will be a huge shot of confidence (for me anyway), as he’s got a decent track record and I doubt he’d mess about with tyre kickers 

8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Anything is better than liquidation 

At this stage, so close to oblivion it has to be good news 

If all debts truely have been cleared then its extremely good news!!

Still find it odd that anyone with £30m - £40m to blow would allow Basinni to front it but fuck it, we live to fight another day 

IF the ex Blackburn chairman (Williams?), does actually come in, as Basinni has stated previously then it will be a huge shot of confidence (for me anyway), as he’s got a decent track record and I doubt he’d mess about with tyre kickers 

Didnt he leave Blackburn because the Venkys fired Allardyce? 

20 minutes ago, Gaz Nt said:

Looking at it from Bassini's perspective, why would you take over a club riddled with debt, rotten to the core and with a full re-build required from top to bottom if you didn't have the money to do it?

He must surely have these fund's/resources, to like he said, 'get us to the Prem in 3 seasons' otherwise it doesn't make financial/business sense for him to take on this huge challenge ahead unless he think his targets are realistic?

Maybe his plan is to sell the club on... just like Ken’s plan. I hope his plan is to rebuild, invest and take club forward. My bet is option 1 is his plan A.

25 minutes ago, darrener said:

Sounds promising, Blackburn on Monday anyone? I think I might be back in. Bassini! Bassini! Da dada dada da dada

I was thinking more to the tune of The Vikings.

Slightly more intimidating than The Sweeney, plus a fine tip of the hat to blonde Nordisk Knockers and not the filth :D