Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Imagine being bankrupt, then making a load of money in some property deals, then thinking... fuck it, I’ll blow a load of it by buying Bolton.

Clearly there are other more sensible reasonings/explanations but at face value the guy seems mental.

Aye does seem very odd. I for one thought he was bullshitting for Ken but seems I've been proved wrong!

As the deal seems to be official then I think it only fair to give credit to Smurf who seemed to be the first I knew to name Bassini as the potential new owner and Nixon who persevered with his reports that Bassini was indeed a genuine player.

I'd also like to say fair play to Howard (also Mr Galt) for his narrative of a cracking story in which (in my opinion at least) he got far more right than wrong.

Probably not the three most popular of names on here but all seemed to be in front of the rest of us on this (not including those few who may have known something but couldn't tell).

3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

As the deal seems to be official then I think it only fair to give credit to Smurf who seemed to be the first I knew to name Bassini as the potential new owner and Nixon who persevered with his reports that Bassini was indeed a genuine player.

That's what I saw first too.

4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I'd also like to say fair play to Howard (also Mr Galt) for his narrative of a cracking story in which (in my opinion at least) he got far more right than wrong.

Probably not the three most popular of names on here but all seemed to be in front of the rest of us on this (not including those few who may have known something but couldn't tell).

No chance. Howard changed his story on Bassini about 6 times and he'd have you believing the Bahrain King loaned him money to complete last week. 

36 minutes ago, John Galt said:

He has backers, wealthy ones, and has also made a rather substantial amount with some property deals, one of which has only been finalised in the last few days, hence the recent delay in the sale of the club.

How much is the substantial amount?

31 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

But he's publicly stated that he's on his own, so lying straight of the bat will not help his cause

Unless the backers want to remain in the background, and have instructed him to suggest its just himself for now

42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’re all ears John, who are the backers , where they from and what is the property deal finalised in the last few days? 

John Galt said a while back "No need to be disheartened if the Bassini group takeover, the people behind the bid have very deep pockets, look east, farther than the middle east" 

34 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

That's what I saw first too.

No chance. Howard changed his story on Bassini about 6 times and he'd have you believing the Bahrain King loaned him money to complete last week. 

I said that was MY opinion.

I said that I enjoyed the narrative/story.  I did.

Quite frankly I don't happen to care what you think.

If you can write a better story then I would happily read it but I somehow doubt you can.

Until then...

Good evening to you.

Edited by Sluffy
Spelling mistakes