Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon Bassini will be out on his ear then by the time I hit the hay tonight. Tomorrow it will be admin - or the buyers Nixon claims are about.

Same. Bassini wouldn't need a meeting if he had the cash. He clearly is trying to do some sort of loan or borrowing that the EFL will absolutely say no to. 

39 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

How much do you spend on a business that has made a loss 10 out of the last 11 years? 

The difference between the debts at Bolton and elsewhere is that often a sale involves some personal compensation to an owner who then writes off much if not all the debt.

But at Bolton we know we owe £1M plus to - Ken Anderson, ED Trustees, Michael James/PBP, Brett Warburton, Ambulance and police service, Bolton Council, Various football creditors, Probably Heathcotes....

Little of that is going to be written off - at best you may negotiate some payment terms as KA did when he came in initially. But ultimately that debt will have to be repaid to multiple creditors few of whom are likely to be that favourable anymore to the football club. 

All that effort and money to clear the debts on a club in league one that will also continue to lose money for a while (even if new owners do turn it round it won't be instantly) and will take huge investment to actually earn money. A savvy person will redevelop some land and offset losses that way. But even so - it doesn't scream attractive option. 

We were better placed for a sale when ED flogged for a pound,  but did not have a queue of buyers then. Primarily because of the debt ED left in. Debt which was more favourable then than it is now. 

I don't disagree that we're not attractive by the way... I just think there is a lot more to it than just the debt.  

How much indeed would you spend indeed, or put it another way how much to you ask for?

Do we think Ken is asking for the mythical £1 plus the amounts he's owed? Or do we think he wants more? Add in the fact he'd creating debts by not paying off current business activities (police/ambulance/rent rates etc...etc.. ) for what ever reason, do we think the price is dropping to reflect that? Or do we think he's still asking for what he was originally asking? If he's asking for shit loads at this stage, or he's not changing his price to reflect current business practice I'd argue he's being problematic.... 

I get the point about the creditors, but given the possible alternatives, they'd be easy to deal with, and if any proposed buyer was reputable, they should be able to refinance relatively easily... a lot depends on the land and what you can do with it that's for certain, but a savvy investor wouldn't just mitigate losses, they'd clear the debts. Training ground and car parks etc..etc... it is a shit load of land in the right hands... I'd assume they'd use saving the club to try to sweeten any planning decisions. 

See the fact that we ended up with this post ED sale still confuses me.... at that point we would have been a moderately attractive proposition for £1, I guess we never found out what the promotion bonus ED wanted was though...   

What gets my goat is that last year when I heard we had interest from an American billionaire and a ME consortium, Anderson was very quick to dismiss them both as not showing proof of funds and later branded them as tyre kickers. I'd heard on the grapevine that the American was simply not prepared to meet Anderson's personal demands as were others back then, but that is yet to be proven either way. 

Fast forward 12 months and Bassini was touted as a buyer from the off and the proof of funds thing only came out late in the day and after Anderson had claimed he has a buyer lined up.

If Bassini hasn't done due diligence AND hasn't shown proof of funds, why was Anderson even suggesting that he is a serious contender? It may be because Anderson's position has weakened considerably since last year, or that Bassini is just a smoke screen but it sure looks like a completely different approach to potential buyers has been taken. 

Twelve months ago, Bassini would have been branded a tyre kicker in a "Chairman's Statement" as fast as it could be published.

26 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

What gets my goat is that last year when I heard we had interest from an American billionaire and a ME consortium, Anderson was very quick to dismiss them both as not showing proof of funds and later branded them as tyre kickers. I'd heard on the grapevine that the American was simply not prepared to meet Anderson's personal demands as were others back then, but that is yet to be proven either way. 

Fast forward 12 months and Bassini was touted as a buyer from the off and the proof of funds thing only came out late in the day and after Anderson had claimed he has a buyer lined up.

If Bassini hasn't done due diligence AND hasn't shown proof of funds, why was Anderson even suggesting that he is a serious contender? It may be because Anderson's position has weakened considerably since last year, or that Bassini is just a smoke screen but it sure looks like a completely different approach to potential buyers has been taken. 

Twelve months ago, Bassini would have been branded a tyre kicker in a "Chairman's Statement" as fast as it could be published.

12 months ago ED was still watching from the sidelines. . Not now though.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Eavesy said:

Anderson has probably had enough of the 5hit he’s been getting and said yes to the next person who came along. 

I think theres a lot of truth in this statement.

16 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Anderson has probably had enough of the 5hit he’s been getting and said yes to the next person who came along. 

If  players go on strike twice and he doesn't pay the wages several times in a row he should expect a lot of shit

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

he wasn't paying the bills either way

he might blame the fans in his column, but he doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks, other factors are forcing his hands, not protests, songs and boos

So Harvey who is about to leave his position in one month, and is a friend of Anderson is going to meet Bassini to decided if he is fit and proper later on tonight?  They are meeting at 7pm and by the time Bassini leaves he will know if he has been passed?

If the above is not an indictment of the whole fit of proper testing then I dont know what is!!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

I reckon Shaun Harvey is in for a real treat this evening

I imagine it will go along the same lines as the Jim White interview last Friday

10 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Yeah. He's just decided to throw away his cash for the hell of it...

Anyone who thinks Anderson is remotely bothered by criticism is deluding themselves. He doesn't give a shit. 

Anyone think Nixon is sounding like Howard was? There's a group waiting, but need Bassini to fall through before they can do anything. KA may go into admin, there's nothing they can do to stop that.

Think it's potentially a moonshift type deal they're looking for?

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Anyone think Nixon is sounding like Howard was? There's a group waiting, but need Bassini to fall through before they can do anything. KA may go into admin, there's nothing they can do to stop that.

Think it's potentially a moonshift type deal they're looking for?

every time I try to second guess what's going on, something else gets said which puts a spanner in the works for my thinking. I'm working on everything being all over - 1 way or another, on or about 8th May

46 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Poor ken. Fuck off eavesy your fan club must be down to single figures now

59 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

If we go into liquidation i should imagine theres a few people who will be far more pissed off about being dicked about than he is and what hes done to their club.  I dont have a clue what's gonna happen next with BWFC, but i hope we aint the first real shocker to rock football, its all about the 11th hour this im afraid.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

If we go into liquidation i should imagine theres a few people who will be far more pissed off about being dicked about than he is and what hes done to their club.  I dont have a clue what's gonna happen next with BWFC, but i hope we aint the first real shocker to rock football, its all about the 11th hour this im afraid.

Any chance you can clear your inbox mate, tried to pm you last night as it seems we know each other.