Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I think the EFL have a lot to answer for, especially as regards the fit and proper owners and directors "test". Allegedly it focuses on their financial and criminality backgrounds and yet Ken Anderson was approved despite having a form for combining those two allegedly key ingredients in one fell swoop when he was banned from all directorships for syphoning off company money into personal accounts. 

Now they're considering Bassini despite what he's done in the past. Surely there has to be some sort of "moral and managerial competence" element to the test with potential owners having to provide a comprehensive business plan with deliverable milestones which the EFL check regularly for compliance and variation? And tied to a contract which potential owners have to sign in order to get an ownership licence, which can be revoked if they take the piss. There are definitely some positive aspects from the US franchise system that could be learned from and adapted to the EFL although that would be a huge task.

It's not that past experience hasn't flagged up these issues before - Becchetti at Orient and Rahic at Bradford for example - but it seems they've learned nothing.

Mistakes are acceptable, but not learning from them isn't.

7 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

I think the EFL have a lot to answer for, especially as regards the fit and proper owners and directors "test". Allegedly it focuses on their financial and criminality backgrounds and yet Ken Anderson was approved despite having a form for combining those two allegedly key ingredients in one fell swoop when he was banned from all directorships for syphoning off company money into personal accounts. 

Now they're considering Bassini despite what he's done in the past. Surely there has to be some sort of "moral and managerial competence" element to the test with potential owners having to provide a comprehensive business plan with deliverable milestones which the EFL check regularly for compliance and variation? And tied to a contract which potential owners have to sign in order to get an ownership licence, which can be revoked if they take the piss. There are definitely some positive aspects from the US franchise system that could be learned from and adapted to the EFL although that would be a huge task.

It's not that past experience hasn't flagged up these issues before - Becchetti at Orient and Rahic at Bradford for example - but it seems they've learned nothing.

Mistakes are acceptable, but not learning from them isn't.

When Bassini first came to light, the bloke who Bassini is meeting from the EFL (name escapes me) was on talksport, and Jim White and Simon Jordan brought up Bassinis previous indiscretions and how could he pass the Fit and Proper persons tests, and the EFL bloke said "maybe he has learned from his mistakes". Seriously, they aren't fit for purpose the EFL, Fucking lot of them want shooting.

Putting the takeover into some sort of perspective, and based on the fact we have been talking about it since beginning of February. If a takeover was going to happen following standard business principles it would have been done. Which leaves someone buying out of administration.

My lad was due to play against the u9s tomorrow after they pulled out last week- he'll be gutted on different levels

Without wanting to sound melodramatic or melancholic, this honestly reminds me of my folks being critically poorly in hospital; I agonised over both of them and ultimately just wanted the outcome to arrive- end the pain for us all whatever it may be.

I watched my dad deteriorate and pass, and it hurts like hell everyday. I watched my mum pull through, but has never been the same since... she exists, but isn't the person she was, and we moved heaven and earth for her. I am grateful she is still with me, but often wonder whether her suffering is worth it to her? Ultimately, I suppose we cherish the moments, take nothing for granted, and whatever we have left... well

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Harvey doesn't sounds too inspiring whenever I've heard him interviewed.

Like an evasive politician.

Thats the one, who said that maybe Bassini had learned his lesson. Bellend. EFL just bury their heads in the sand and claim it is nothing to do with them.

6 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

My lad was due to play against the u9s tomorrow after they pulled out last week- he'll be gutted on different levels

Without wanting to sound melodramatic or melancholic, this honestly reminds me of my folks being critically poorly in hospital; I agonised over both of them and ultimately just wanted the outcome to arrive- end the pain for us all whatever it may be.

I watched my dad deteriorate and pass, and it hurts like hell everyday. I watched my mum pull through, but has never been the same since... she exists, but isn't the person she was, and we moved heaven and earth for her. I am grateful she is still with me, but often wonder whether her suffering is worth it to her? Ultimately, I suppose we cherish the moments, take nothing for granted, and whatever we have left... well

Very well put Dr Faustus.

1 minute ago, Tommy Banks said:

What’s the betting he will be given more time

Ha! Wouldn't rule it out! Chairman's notes saying we're going into admin would somehow be a positive step.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

All summer long, lads.

Don't expect a quick, tidy outcome.

Think Brexit.

Even if it’s not the quick admin that Nixon’s talking about, at least with admin we’d have a major development and you’d think that would have to come sooner rather than later. That or we get liquidated very soon.