Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Some of our players seem a special type of twat. 

Maybe but then again you're seeing it from a fans perspective, they're not fans and they have a family and future to think about. 

Just now, leadfrog1 said:

Maybe but then again you're seeing it from a fans perspective, they're not fans and they have a family and future to think about. 

Totally. 

But from a fan’s perspective I want players for whom this is more than  just a job. 

If it’s just about the money then fuck off elsewhere. 

We deserve more. 

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Totally. 

But from a fan’s perspective I want players for whom this is more than  just a job. 

If it’s just about the money then fuck off elsewhere. 

We deserve more. 

Hasn't been that way in decades, it's only seemed that way to us in the last few decades because someone's always paid the bills. 

Just now, leadfrog1 said:

Hasn't been that way in decades, it's only seemed that way to us in the last few decades because someone's always paid the bills. 

Bury

Similar position to us.

Still managed to pull their tripe out for a cause. Got the reward that that sort of effort deserved.

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Bury

Similar position to us.

Still managed to pull their tripe out for a cause. Got the reward that that sort of effort deserved.

Yeh but 1 - league Two is still along ways away from us and 2 - everyones essentially out of contract so there's not going to be a reward. 

5 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Yeh but 1 - league Two is still along ways away from us and 2 - everyones essentially out of contract so there's not going to be a reward. 

1. Same league as us next year.

2. The Bury lads have professional pride if nowt else.

I'm an idealist, what can I do?

Edited by mickbrown

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Cross your fingers and pray for a multi millionaire 

Bury didn't have a multi millionaire

They didn't get paid

They're on a lot less than our lot

Stop defending the indefensible

38 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If I put my notice in at work on Tuesday, I’d still be expected to turn up until that period was served. And rightly so. 

In quite a few work places, you are asked to leave immediately when you hand your notice in, paid up for the period like, but gone the minute to give your notice.  

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Go down that list of players johnnyrotten  mentions and look at each one realistically.

They're all league one players at best at this point in their careers and regardless of heart they wouldn't suddenly transform into something they 

ALF, Oz, Matthews, Wheater, Beevers, Lowe are lower championship all day long, they would be welcomed at millwall or barnsley. The likes of Taylor, Wildschut, Donaldson are div 2 at best.

• Site Supporter
Just now, leebwfc said:

In quite a few work places, you are asked to leave immediately when you hand your notice in, paid up for the period like, but gone the minute to give your notice.  

Usually for reasons of security. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, leebwfc said:

Well yea, wasnt arguing the point, just pointing it out, it happened to me working for Aldi. I wasn't gonna walk out helping myself to free beans every day for a month. 

Maybe you weren't but people do. What if your job was in sales and suddenly you use the month's notice period to change your customers to your new employer's products?

Not sure how this affects BWFC though

Just now, MickyD said:

Maybe you weren't but people do. What if your job was in sales and suddenly you use the month's notice period to change your customers to your new employer's products?

Not sure how this affects BWFC though

The official explanation given to me was the expected reduction in my work rate and productivity :lol:! rational at the time because we worked like demons in the stores as there were only a few staff running the whole store at the time. nowadays there's fkin loads of em in there. if the same applied to BWFC, then would be a reason to not play them in my opinion. I was linking that point to Matt's post which seemed to suggest they should have been expected to play. 

And in your example, I would do that the month before, then hand  my notice in, probably! 

After one too many bank holidays bevvy's I can't help but close my eyes and hope for a decent sensible owner with fairly deep pockets looking for a long term project. I can see Gudni as chairman and Steinsson as head of recruitment/director of football and a young progressive and exciting manager that takes risks and tries to play at least semi entertaining football. I can see Vela back to his best and Connell with him in midfield doing damage. In reality I am absolutely shit scared of what will happen to my club, I know the chances of my dream coming true are less than 0.001% but I have to dream as the reality of what may be coming doesn't bear thinking about. COYWM!  

9 minutes ago, stimmau5 said:

After one too many bank holidays bevvy's I can't help but close my eyes and hope for a decent sensible owner with fairly deep pockets looking for a long term project. I can see Gudni as chairman and Steinsson as head of recruitment/director of football and a young progressive and exciting manager that takes risks and tries to play at least semi entertaining football. I can see Vela back to his best and Connell with him in midfield doing damage. In reality I am absolutely shit scared of what will happen to my club, I know the chances of my dream coming true are less than 0.001% but I have to dream as the reality of what may be coming doesn't bear thinking about. COYWM!  

Thats the problem, we fans are too sentimental. 

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If I put my notice in at work on Tuesday, I’d still be expected to turn up until that period was served. And rightly so. 

Would you though, if you weren't being paid, had an offer from elsewhere and there was a moderate risk of you getting injured and being left unemployed (and uninsured) for the foreseeable future?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Vela has just tweeted that he’s off.

He's one of the few I can see getting an offer from above where we will be

Can't see it lasting though

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Vela has just tweeted that he’s off.

Have a feeling he’s one whose handed his notice in 

PP mentioned a ‘couple’ who had done it. 

If he was just letting his contract run down they normally state the player has been released at the end of June

one of the ones I hoped would stay actually. Seemed to excel at L1 level and seemed to really have the club at heart